Bring on ASADA, says Manly Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
MANLY coach Geoff Toovey has come forward to claim his club has never breached any ASADA "protocols or procedures''.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-bite-bring-on-asada-says-manly-sea-eagles-coach-geoff-toovey/story-fni3gnk1-1226691007005

The article tis also here:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/bulldogs-bite-bring-on-asada-says-manly-sea-eagles-coach-geoff-toovey/story-e6frf3ou-1226691043599#.Uf6rP9K0KFs

For those who don't want to subscribe to the tele.

An interview with Tooves and the dog, ritchie.

Toovey: I have no idea. As Sergeant Schultz says (in TV show Hogan's Heroes), "I know nothing.

.....:D:D:D. Brilliant. Choc and Stewie should dress up as Shultzs' for their interviews!!:p

Bulldog: Recapping. Manly, in your opinion, will be cleared?

This is getting really annoying from the media. ASADA have already cleared Manly and all NRL clubs of inhouse systems and processes except Cronulla.

They are now in search of evidence against individual NRL players.

Brissie Kid said:

Seems like one of the tactics is to get ex-players like Lussick and Whare to dob in their former team mates.
Wtf would those two fellas know about Snake and Choc's personal lives?
Yes, I was with those boys at an elephant pill, peptide milkshake party.
They really desperate for a big gun scalp.

wombatgc said:
Toovey: I have no idea. As Sergeant Schultz says (in TV show Hogan's Heroes), "I know nothing.

.....:D:D:D. Brilliant. Choc and Stewie should dress up as Shultzs' for their interviews!!:p
I can imagine him saying that too,lol

Bulldog: Do you have a social life?

Toovey: Yes. Do you have any friends?

Bulldog: Er...

Brissie Kid said:

This is getting really annoying from the media. ASADA have already cleared Manly and all NRL clubs of inhouse systems and processes except Cronulla.

Things can change though. Who is to say that in the interviews that a player doesn't bring to light new evidence which would bring the clubs back under the spotlight? One thing I'm reasonably happy about is that it appears that all the Manly players involved have the same representation. That tells me that their information is consistent with each other.

Or that the lawyer was arranged by the club? Which would be totally inappropriate.

Really any player that needs representation (and hopefully none of ours do) should have their own lawyer. The potential conflicts of interest between player and club, or between different players, are pretty obvious in this situation.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Or that the lawyer was arranged by the club? Which would be totally inappropriate.

Really any player that needs representation (and hopefully none of ours do) should have their own lawyer. The potential conflicts of interest between player and club, or between different players, are pretty obvious in this situation.

Which I'm sure they have looked into. If there was inconsistencies and conflicts of interest I'm sure they would have seperate legal representation.

ANTHONY Watmough has emerged as the second NRL player to have his phone temporarily seized by Customs, following revelations Sharks skipper Paul Gallen was also stopped at Sydney airport on Sunday.

Border protection agents detained Gallen long enough for him to miss the team bus back to Cronulla and confiscated his phone for a period of time.

Gallen was returning from Auckland, where his team had defeated the New Zealand Warriors a day earlier.

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal Watmough's phone was examined in similar circumstances when Manly returned across the Tasman after their round 13 clash against New Zealand.

Both players have received interview notices in relation to ASADA's drugs-in-sport probe, but government officials would not confirm nor deny whether the phone seizures were connected to the current investigation.

A Customs spokeswoman said the agency could not comment about individual passengers, while ASADA simply refused to comment at all.

It's believed Customs was acting at the behest of another federal agency.

The Australian Crime Commission compiled the explosive report that ASADA has used as a road map for its entire investigation.

Manly boss David Perry did not return calls last night, while a Sea Eagles spokesman denied knowing Watmough's phone had been taken.

Watmough's management also said it was unaware of the temporary seizure. Gallen did not return calls.

Several other media outlets reported that Gallen had denied his phone had been seized, but the NSW Origin star is yet to speak about the incident first hand.

A Sharks spokesman could only confirm Gallen was subjected to a "more vigorous" search, which delayed the team bus. ASADA is already in possession of hundreds of text messages from a phone belonging to Steve Dank, the sports scientist at the centre of its investigation.

Some of those texts involve conversations with Gallen. Both Dank and Gallen have denied any wrongdoingwith the Sharks skipper expressing his frustration over being the highest-profile player implicated in the ASADA investigation.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-forward-anthony-watmough-follows-cronulla-sharks-captain-in-having-phone-seized-by-customs/story-fndujljl-1226692385902#ixzz2bDmZADWl

It is the Telegraph so it's probably crap...

So what we have is the telegraph decides something has happened. It has happened without any kind of evidence to support it and without anyone involved confirming it or even being spoken to about it. They then go on to admit that there is nothing to suggest there is any connection between their made up assertion and what they are attempting to insinuate as connected to the ASADA investigation.

In breaking news, Jatz Crackers can reveal there is nothing in that telegraph piece that suggests there is any thread of truth in anything they say.

Wasn't this investigation, dubbed the blackest day in Australian sport, also about corruption, game fixing, criminal gangs, gambling....?
Not one word about any of this, which is far more serious than the allegations some clubs dabbled in possible unscrupulous behaviour in order to improve their teams chances of success.

Toovey calm ahead of ASADA interview

Manly coach Geoff Toovey doesn't seem too concerned by his impending interview with ASADA officials, confident the NRL club has nothing to hide in relation to its sports science practices.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8702307

Loved this comment - "It's going to be really short, I haven't got too much to say," Toovey said of his preparedness for the interview.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4