Brisbane round 26 Suncorp NOW SOLD OUT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well a sellout for Suncorp at least....with the biggest ever crowd before this about 49,000 for the season opener V the Cowboys a few years ago...even the double headers that have been held these last three years years haven't been sell outs.

Of course it is Lockyers last "club game" at home and it being held on a Sunday afternoon has created this.

The Bronco Mail reported yesterday that les than 2000 tickets remain unsold and those are expected to be gone by the weekend.

Bay 317 (the Manly home away from home) has been full for over a week with the MWTS and MWSE "Country Members" providing around 200 of those.

I did say in another thread that I thought there were about 1000 seats in Bay 317, I may be wrong, I don't know the exact number but I'd say more like 600-700, but still a great number for an away game.

It will however be intimidating as it's likely the other 51900 people at the game will be Bronco's fans, so we should expect a hostile reception and even more so for the players (although I know that Suncorp holds no fears for them).

The official MWTS Tour was closed for sale on Tuesday the 16th BUT I may be able to jag a few more seats from somewhere so please don't be afraid to ask....our seats are sold as a package (including a pre game function at the Caxton Hotel).

It's set to be a fantastic day, also it will be LIVE on TV (Chan 9) with the game set for kick off at 4.05pm) for those not makiong it to Brizvegas.

RE: Brisbane round 26 Suncorp to be first club round sellot

Renouf and some other nuffy were on ch 10 news saying Brisbane will finish 2nd and that souths are their biggest threat on the run home.

I don't think they rate us at all Cam.....the Bronco Mail listed the Storm and the Tigers the other day as their main rivals for the crown.

We'll show em!!

StormtrooperCorps_anh1080p.jpg

The Suncorp Stormtroopers ( aka stadium staff) are already in full training. In anticipation of those filthy Manly fans who have the audacity to cheer, yell, and encourage anything but a Boncos win. A special dispensation has been ordered that any Manly fan that has ANY musical instruments (even whistling!) will be taken from Bay 317 and shot.:p

Yeah they are like that Wombie, although the last time we were in Bay 317 (2009) the boss actually asked who the organisor was (and they pointed at me) and he came up (and I thought "here we go") and he actually said "I just want to thank you your crew have been the most well behaved of any team this year"....he said we were noisy (but that was normal) but he said nothing like some of the ferals they had earlier in the year.

But you are right, the Storm Troopers will be back in force again on the 4th of September.

wonder if our friend "bec wilson" from the double header will be gracing us with her presence lol

Aren't they a little short for Storm Troopers?

Manly Fans: These aren't the fans you're looking for.
Stormtrooper: These aren't the fans we're looking for.
Manly Fans: We can go about our business.
Stormtrooper: You can go about your business.
Manly Fan: Move along.
Stormtrooper: Move along... move along.

Cant be as bad as the Qld fans who pee in their seats up there....no doubt a donkey's supporter

Was our home match at Suncorp a financial success? There was a crowd of around 32,000 I recall, but didn't we have to split that four ways? I attended the match and it certainly was a success on the field.
But, would Manly move a home game to Suncorp again?
We'd get close to 20,000 at Brookvale.

If we can do well in front of that crowd in that sort of atmosphere we will do very well in the finals.

The Who said:
Was our home match at Suncorp a financial success? There was a crowd of around 32,000 I recall, but didn't we have to split that four ways? I attended the match and it certainly was a success on the field.
But, would Manly move a home game to Suncorp again?
We'd get close to 20,000 at Brookvale.

nah mate it was a 300k in our bank no matter what the crowd.

if they gate was spilt it would of have been 2 ways because it was a dogs and manly homegame.

I know we have a good record up there...

But jeez, the crowd will be tough let alone the Broncos players trying to send Lockyer off a champion....

stoodamire said:

But jeez, the crowd will be tough let alone the Broncos players trying to send Lockyer off a champion....

He'll be playing the following week at Suncorp in a finals match. So why is round 26 so special? Are they going to give him a send off twice?

The Who said:
stoodamire said:

He'll be playing the following week at Suncorp in a finals match. So why is round 26 so special? Are they going to give him a send off twice?

This is the last regular club game, so as a Bronco's Club game they can make presentations, have lots of hoopla which they CANNOT do at a Semi Final....a Semi is an NRL game NOT a Bronco's game. this is the last Bronco's game...simple as that

Mark from Brisbane said:
The Who said:
stoodamire said:

This is the last regular club game, so as a Bronco's Club game they can make presentations, have lots of hoopla which they CANNOT do at a Semi Final....a Semi is an NRL game NOT a Bronco's game. this is the last Bronco's game...simple as that

Be nice if it REALLY was...(the bonkos last game)

Yep it would, but that's also part of the reason there's 52500 seats sold!!

Should be a great atmosphere, I have naturally been to a fair few SOO games up here and it is a great night / day whe it's choka's

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6