Broke Vale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Christ firechild, what a whinger you are. Fancy being upset that your blanket was sat on. Where did you think you were? on the banks of the Thames river watching the boat races? Get a life and watch it on the telle at home. Safer there. Did the crowd noise upset your poor darling?

Exactly, I was there with my wife, my 14 month old son, my parents and my sisters family (also with a 14 month old). Much better to keep the peace, afterall, we were all there to watch Manly get up. I did a have a laugh after the game though, walking up Pine avenue after the game, a couple of Souths fans getting in a car, one standing on the passengers side holding his newly acquired $208 parking fine, bemused because they'd obviously figured that if others were parking there then it must be legal. The local rangers must love the travelling supporters. I said to my sister that it must be tough, a bad afternoon just getting worse. Obviously the driver overheard and she gave me a very reluctant grin.

DSM5 said:
Christ firechild, what a whinger you are. Fancy being upset that your blanket was sat on. Where did you think you were? on the banks of the Thames river watching the boat races? Get a life and watch it on the telle at home. Safer there. Did the crowd noise upset your poor darling?

Fair go.

He wasn't upset his blanket was sat on, rather that others asked if they could sit on the corner, but instead end up pushing him to barely any of it to sit on himself. I think that is fair enough to be annoyed at. He could have quite easily told them all to bugger off when they asked, and they should have had the decency to realise that they we basically using a someone elses stuff and kicking him off it. Should have at least had the decency to allow him to sit in the middle of it and use it.

You guys are far to harsh! It is the family hill after all and more than likely these people weren't a family on this hill just a bunch of kids instead

sure but there is still room for general decency and socially accepted politeness, in particular in an area designated for families

Lol poor firechild,we had no blanket and about 2metres to stand me and my gf in,it was pretty tight up the back of the field there,especially on the real hill side of the fence

Fluffy said:
with 20,000 there you dont have room to spread out.

Which is why I had no problem with them using some space on my rug.

I apologise, I didn't intend to come across as a whinger but it did frustrate me that I turned up 40 minutes before the game to get a bit of space (mainly for my son, I normally turn up and am happy if I get enough space to sit or even stand on the grass) only for it to be taken by others knowing that I needed a bit of space.

Very tight Eagle. You were lucky to get two metres. Watching the game though the space between heads and arms shielding the sun was difficult, but totally enjoyable. Isn't it great giving it to Souffs supporters all afternoon.

DSM5 said:
Depends on how big the blanket was Dan.

well true but I assume he didn't lay down a 4x4 rug it was probably just a picnic blanket and you would think that he would be entitled to at least half of that space for himself, especially given it is only a 1.5 x 1.5 area at most

Mate, the place was packed. Even a 1.5 metre square takes up a lot of space. The family hill area was packed, an unusual thing. And I would think that if Firechild is going to fill his blanket with his own kids and others, then how come he/she was forced into a corner. Sounds like a little ghetto talk to me. And just because you turn up 40 minutes early doesn't give you automatic rights to spread out. I usually stand on the right hand side of the beer shed, but when I arrived there was no room, so I moved around to the left side. Am I whinging? No.

No point debating with morons. At the end of the day, we had a very enjoyable afternoon at the footy and most importantly Manly won. If these people were opposition fans I'm sure people would have a different view so I'll just let it go.

DSM5 said:
Very tight Eagle. You were lucky to get two metres. Watching the game though the space between heads and arms shielding the sun was difficult, but totally enjoyable. Isn't it great giving it to Souffs supporters all afternoon.

Lol there was this lone wanker there cheering his team on....i fully Randy Marsh'ed him,he didnt bite back though,i cheered my team on and told the ref what i thought of his media darlings getting all the calls,i had a hillarious day,you know just loud enough for the wanker 4 metres away to hear,told them to send that grub off for whatever it was he done to lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4