Broncos get 28 million facility

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
Qld state government is giving donkeys a 28 million sports facility next to Suncorp. Yep that's just for their training shed.

It kind of over shadows the 10 million for a world class stadium at Brooky that hasn't even got off the ground at Brooky. Even that funding looks on shaky ground now aborts gone.

If ya snooze ya loose Penns.

681378-bf717d56-ed54-11e4-9797-29f932d455d7.jpg

An artist's impression of the proposed superstadium, otherwise known as the integrated stadium and entertainment centre, in South Townsville

TOWNSVILLE City Council will purchase the site for a new stadium and convention centre in the CBD.

$200 million dollar Sports and Arts Centre - but it's in a much better location than 1300SMILES at least

Last edited:
Funny how these stories are announced the week the teams are in the grand final..almost an amazing co-incidence and in no way an exercise in political point scoring....

My understanding is the State government sold the old Tafe college they are setting up on for a pittance.

Tony Abott contributed $2million of tax payers money to a listed company, Broncos Management in a pre-election promise.

Qld state government is giving donkeys a 28 million sports facility next to Suncorp. Yep that's just for their training shed.

It kind of over shadows the 10 million for a world class stadium at Brooky that hasn't even got off the ground at Brooky. Even that funding looks on shaky ground now aborts gone.

If ya snooze ya loose Penns.

What does that last sentence actually mean cliffy? Are u intimating the penns havent tried hard enough or lobbied hard enough to fix the brookie situation? Not having a go at you.
Also Not pointing the finger at you cliffy but jeez theres a LOT of anti-penn comments on the site. I dont know the internal workings of the club and the rationale for decisions made (e.g gutho, brookie etc) but i dont know where we'd be if penn wasnt spending his own hard-earned on this team year in year out. Im stoked the penns support us. I know someone like max might come to the rescue again but apart from that, i'd be worried.anyone else?

Only $28m? Surely the qld gov can spend more of our nsw gst money on the Broncs than that? I mean they already have 20 lane highways between the border and Brisbane, no need to siphon our money into more roads.

Don't be silly, their petrol crack $1 per litre for a short period earlier this year, they need to get back to reducing petrol prices

What does that last sentence actually mean cliffy? Are u intimating the penns havent tried hard enough or lobbied hard enough to fix the brookie situation? Not having a go at you.
Also Not pointing the finger at you cliffy but jeez theres a LOT of anti-penn comments on the site. I dont know the internal workings of the club and the rationale for decisions made (e.g gutho, brookie etc) but i dont know where we'd be if penn wasnt spending his own hard-earned on this team year in year out. Im stoked the penns support us. I know someone like max might come to the rescue again but apart from that, i'd be worried.anyone else?

Mate you just absolutely smashed it out of the park. Kudos

If I was a self made millionaire and I decided id invest some of my fortune into running a club for everybody else's benefit, that will likely never make me anything, in a competition that will likely never make me anything, in a state saturated with too many teams, in a country that will likely never really make profits in sport while we have such a piss weak population, I'd expect a little bit more than the garbage that a lot of people would direct my way.

Perhaps we should have hung onto gutherson. Maybe we should have kept Toovey. There is a mountain of shotloads if we keep listening to ourselves.

The one thing that's true is we actually have a club to support. At the end of the day we should be thankful we have a club, because people like the Delmeges and Penns put their money on the line so we have a team to follow. While the rest of us sit back and whinge that $70 a year is too much for me as long as these 'cuunts' are owners and pouring in millions.

**** having a team, I want gutho retained.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4