Broncos label Brookvale Oval a ‘s**thole’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-forward-todd-lowrie-labels-brookvale-oval-a-sthole-before-manly-clash/story-fni3gv5x-1227007305708

Brisbane Broncos forward Todd Lowrie labels Brookvale Oval a ‘s**thole’ before Manly clash
AAP JULY 30, 2014 2:40PM

WHEN it comes to away games, it’s pretty clear Manly’s Brookvale Oval isn’t high on Bronco Todd Lowrie’s must-visit list.

The Brisbane utility says there’s little doubt Friday’s trip to the NRL leaders is going to be a huge test for the Broncos.

The Sea Eagles have won nine straight at their home ground since being pipped by a point by Melbourne in the opening round, a run which has played a large part in their climb to the top of the competition.

Lowrie says there’s no one reason why Brookvale is such an intimidating place for opposition teams to visit.

“Everything about it. It’s a s***hole really,” he said. :dodgy:

“The field’s heavy and muddy and boggy. I’m surprised they let us play on it sometimes.

“The sheds are crap and the fans are right on you. I really do love the fact they’ve still got the hill and the crowd’s right involved ... but it’s probably everything else about it.

“It’s a pain in the arse to get to on the bus ... she’s certainly one of the more daunting road trips in the NRL.”

Both the Sea Eagles and Broncos have had to handle off-field turmoil in recent weeks with several of Manly’s leading stars apparently wanting out of the club while Brisbane is still coming to terms with the decision to replace coach Anthony Griffin at season’s end with Wayne Bennett.

While Manly’s dramas appear to have had little affect on their performance, the Broncos came unstuck last weekend at home against the Storm.

Lowrie says there needs to be a significant improvement if the Broncos are to head back to Queensland with the two competition points.

“We’ve just got to get better all around. Our attack was ordinary, we defended well in the first half but just allowed Melbourne to have too much possession,” Lowrie said.

“We’ve got to improve all over the place. Our defence has got to be better. Our attack has got to be better.
“We’ve been 12-0 down for the past two or three games in a row and it’s not until then that we’ve decided to get going for some reason. I don’t know what that is.

“I don’t know how we address that but it’s too hard a competition to be giving teams 12-point head starts before you try to kick into gear and start playing some footy.”

ESCAPING THE EAGLE’S NEST: BRISBANE’S DAUNTING TRIP TO BROOKVALE OVAL.

* Brisbane has won five times at Brookvale in 15 games

* Last time: Manly beat Brisbane 16-6 in round 25, 2012

* Last win: Brisbane beat Manly 22-6 in round 13, 2010

* Manly have a nine win, one loss record at home this season

* Sea Eagles have won nine straight at Brookvale since losing to Melbourne in opening round

Newsflash Broncos - Suncorp is a functioning s**thole :exclamation:
43f99c0ad9b7_sf_1.jpg

The tele does not even try and be subtle in it's efforts to troll manly fans

A sh!!t head will play on our sh!!t hole of a ground.

I just say stiff sh!!t @sshole.

I hope the boys bury his head in the sh!!t of Brookvale.

No seriously good luck to the Broncos you are going to need it.

I can see two points coming our way on Friday, go manly!

Premierships talk and ****heads can do whatever they like.
Let's see what he has to say come 930pm Friday let alone the first week of the finals when he is holidaying in Hawaii.

This is the kind of attitude you get when you have an outrageous one team town monopoly in which a bunch of pampered under performing ... heads get to use the major sports venue in a major city as their home ground. Really, the Broncos are so over resourced its a wonder they don't get someone else to do their tackling for them. They are the pampered elites of the league, grown fat and complacent after years of News Limited largese and NRL patronage with a playing schedule that gives them a nice predictable 7 day turnaround and a player roster that only the best salary cap rorting and corporate third party deals can buy. Really they should be investigated by ASIC for anticompetitive behaviour.

Yes, brookie isn't state of the art and needs an upgrade, but its an authentic suburban football ground with oodles of character. Its what happens when a suburban club has to get buy without massage govt and corporate subsidies.

So poor Lowry is going to have to drag his fat complacent pampered arse to the Brookie 'bog' and hopefully we'll give it the flogging it so rightlyfully deserves.

An a**hole calling our beloved Brookie a s**thole is high irony indeed :sleepy:

We would love a State Government Funded Stadium, but are not deemed poor enough for such a generous Tax Payer handout :cool:

Lowry is the bloke who gets knocked out regularly because he keeps attacking opposing players' sh*tholes.
He's an expert on them.

Can't wait till Friday to give him further reason to fear the best ground in the NRL

The Who said:
Lowry is the bloke who gets knocked out regularly because he keeps attacking opposing players' sh*tholes.
He's an expert on them.

Can't wait till Friday to give him further reason to fear the best ground in the NRL

He should love Brookie, at least it will be a soft landing for him when he gets ko'd again.

Do the Telecrap writers think that by printing this article they're going to reduce Manly's chances of winning and /or going 6 points clear ?

Do they aim to create a crisis or a state of dissatifaction amongst the Fortress Brookvale fans, and by pointing out about our under-priviledged ground think we wont turn up ? :huh: This will increase gate attendances of course, so maybe they have the clubs best interests at heart after all. Yeah , thats what it is - they love us.:heart:

Haha...when your team's not winning,
the coach's got the flick, the world's an unhappy place.
You're going somewhere you've struggled to win, of coarse you're going to say it's a S**thole! :)
But it's OUR S**thole, & we love it!

I guess not every team can be the only one in town and with a government(s) willing to spend $280 million to re-build a stadium like Suncorp.....

The poor Donkeys, they only had to move out of the 50,000 seat ANZ (QEII) to go back to Lang Park. Every team should be so pampered.

It's kinda like high altitude training. Our blokes are used to a heavy track, meaning they run with ease at other grounds.

Fair dinkum if our forward pack don't get it over a team of 2nd rowers I'll walk naked to freshy.

Manly by 1000.

And I live on the Gold Coast.

Thanks Lowrie. Just what the boys need to see hung up in the change rooms. Give me that legendary sh*t hole any day of the week over any other ground.

Yes, we may have an out dated ground, but i bet you would love our culture and tradition.

I can't since I'm in Adelaide.....but someone should make a banner just for Friday night saying "Welcome to our $hithole Lowrie".

I wonder if Neins camera's would miss it?

This is Manly siege mentality at work.
It's similar to WW2, Radio Berlin described
the Aussies as Rats holding Tobruk, this was meant as an insult, it backfired,
the Australians embraced the name,
the Rats of Tobruk.
My point is, we love our Brookvale S**thole!! ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2