Broncos 'won't play' Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Fine them for bringing the game into disrepute. $1 Million sounds about right and deduction of competition points....

From foxsports.com.au

Brisbane Broncos are set to defy NRL orders to play the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night, telling club sponsors the players have not had time to prepare adequately for the game due to swine flu concerns.

The Broncos previously had tried to have the match postponed until Sunday after players had been quarantined and unable to train since Monday as they awaited the results of swine flu tests on the club's Queensland Origin players, who had been in the Maroons camp with confirmed swine flu victim Ben Hannant.

Club officials made their latest announcement on Thursday afternoon, after Broncos fullback and Queensland bench player Karmichael Hunt was told that he had tested positive to the H1N1 virus.

Broncos winger Antonio Winterstein, who is not an Origin player, was sent on Thursday afternoon for swine flu tests.

The NRL said earlier that the match between the Broncos and the Bulldogs would go ahead as scheduled at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night, following discussions with the Queensland and New South Wales health authorities.

Health officials had said the match could proceed despite Hunt's test result.

Wankers

Is good though, my hate for the pricks has been diminishing over the years, but this should lift those levels

BE, is that 6 comp points thing something you come up with,or something mentioned ?

Sensational news for us if that happens, moves us up 1 spot and them level with us

I think our club would try the same stunt.  And why not?  It makes perfect sense to me.  It just proves once again that the game is run for the benefit of television, certainly not the fans, clubs or players.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
BE, is that 6 comp points thing something you come up with,or something mentioned ?

Sensational news for us if that happens, moves us up 1 spot and them level with us
no

just what I reckon

They have been training since November DSM

You mention the fans there, how about Brisbane's contempt for the fans from interstate who have booked everything in advance for the game, or even for those from the further out parts of Qld who are venturing in for the clash ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:

\

6 points - I would think refusing to play would put your licence in jeopardy and at min be all your points.

Hate em... hope they don't play again.

Broncos have always thought they ran the game... this is detriment to that.

Watch Gallop bend over and assume the position as he allows them to reschedule as they see fit. His toe touching whenever he is in a room with Bruno Cullen is positively Pavlovian.

Imagine Gallop's response if Manly refused to play when he put the ridiculous suspension on Stewart.  Now imagine Gallop's response for the News Ltd Broncos.

Rules for some.

Hate to say it but have to side with the Broncos on this 1.
They have been quarantined and should fully complete their schedule.

It goes to show how much of a stranglehold the TV has on the game when we cannot reschedule due to something as serious as this.

Sympathy for the Broncos?  The Broncos are likely to play Hunt and be at/near full strength. Their arrogance in ignoring public fears of spread of this flu was evident when they sent Lockyer out to personally tell the press that he was in isolation.  Members of the Press are considering seeking tests for Swine Flu. How the Broncos managed exposed SOO players is evident in the article below.
-----------------------

Man-love moments spread swine flu like wildfire

IN AN indication of just how contagious the swine flu virus may be, Sin Bin can reveal that not only does Broncos international Karmichael Hunt have it, but his manager David Riolo is also showing symptoms and so is the Brisbane fullback's girlfriend, his father and other family members. All are awaiting the results of tests. Perhaps it's little wonder then that rookie winger Antonio Winterstein is also suspected of having transmitted swine flu as Hunt was hugging players at the Broncos team photo on Monday before he began to feel ill, while Maroons second-rower Sam Thaiday wore a T-shirt around his face like a mask. A number of journalists are considering undergoing tests after Brisbane captain Darren Lockyer addressed a media conference earlier this week to announce that he, Hunt, Thaiday and the club's other State of Origin players were going into quarantine after the team photo shoot.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/sin-bin/2009/06/11/1244664795882.html?page=2

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8