Brookie better than ANZ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Having just returned from paying $140 for nose-bleed seats on level six at ANZ let me say this: sure, you can get a few more spectators in to ANZ, but there is no comparison with the view. Brookie Hill still rules.
It was a great game, but you don't feel the hits like you do at Brookie, and players are far harder to recognise. There were times I didn't even realise Choc was on the field.
Did Creagh play?
I'm going to have to watch the replay to pick up the close action.

Was in the nose bleeds for last years origin game and the view is not great from there but i was in row 25 near the sideline for the GF last year and the view was awesome.

torana355 said:
Was in the nose bleeds for last years origin game and the view is not great from there but i was in row 25 near the sideline for the GF last year and the view was awesome.

Agreed. I have had good seats in the past, but even with 83,000 I didn't feel the same atmosphere as a match V Melb at Brookie has.

They could sit me in the ladies ****house at a Manly GF and he view would be just perfect if the eagles win.

The Who said:
Having just returned from paying $140 for nose-bleed seats on level six at ANZ let me say this: sure, you can get a few more spectators in to ANZ, but there is no comparison with the view. Brookie Hill still rules.
It was a great game, but you don't feel the hits like you do at Brookie, and players are far harder to recognise. There were times I didn't even realise Choc was on the field.
Did Creagh play?
I'm going to have to watch the replay to pick up the close action.

You just cant beat Brookie on the hill.

But if manly is playing, it does'nt matter which venue it is.
In the 2008 GF we was sitting in Category D seats right behind the goalposts on the northern stands and watched joyfully as try after try was scored right in front of me.....40- Nil.....Oh yeah baby :D

bob dylan said:
They could sit me in the ladies ****house at a Manly GF and he view would be just perfect if the eagles win.

Yeah, but you do have a thing for the view inside the ladies ****house

bob dylan said:

Suncorp you get the best of both worlds.
Ladies ****house and nosebleed seats are one and the same

In what planet other than Homebush, does a CAT A ticket require you to equalise every 5 mins to stop yourself from getting the bends?

We are the fools. We are the ones willing to pay top $ for a Cat A seat at this stadium and end up needing binoculars to watch the game and altitude sickness remedies afterwards.
As long as folks keep stumping up the cash, the NRL/promoters will continue to keep passing the nose bleed seats off as premium real estate.

WAMF said:
In what planet other than Homebush, does a CAT A ticket require you to equalise every 5 mins to stop yourself from getting the bends?

We are the fools. We are the ones willing to pay top $ for a Cat A seat at this stadium and end up needing binoculars to watch the game and altitude sickness remedies afterwards.
As long as folks keep stumping up the cash, the NRL/promoters will continue to keep passing the nose bleed seats off as premium real estate.

You are exactly right. I was thinking as I stood on a crowded bus for 90 minutes getting to ANZ if the NRL truly understand the efforts, and expense, many fans go to get to matches and give the games the atmosphere. I don;t think they do. The cost of food and drink, and the queues, add to the pain. I can understand why people prefer to watch in in the comfort of their home, or at a pub where it doesn't take one hour to be served.

ANZ only works if its packed out by polarised supporters such as the GF or SOO.

I was on the 30 metre line, 23 rows back and still had to check the screen to verify what Player was actually out there.:dodgy:

Last night, the 'NSW,NSW' chant was on par with our 'Maanly' in passion and decibel level:D

But it is a great experience having Supporters from different Clubs join in unison against the Scum:p

I must admit, that even I was an honorary Farrah (the Faint) Supporter last night, especially when he scrounged Slaters head into the mud:p

The last 4 minutes, the whole section was on their feet, willing the Blues to make those extraordinary hits - great memories :angel:

Now for Brookie - 4 more sleeps :heart:

Nothing beats a fullhouse Brookie for a big premiership game EXCEPT 80000+ watching Manly winning a premiership.

HappilyManly said:
ANZ only works if its packed out by polarised supporters such as the GF or SOO.

I was on the 30 metre line, 23 rows back and still had to check the screen to verify what Player was actually out there.:dodgy:

You had far better seats than us. I was on the 25metre line at the southern end, just below the aircraft flight path. While I was under cover, you need to be closer to the action to fully experience the atmosphere. At $140 a seat it makes $25 on the Brookie Hill the bargain of a lifetime.

$70, Blatchy's Blues, right behind the goal post, ground level, about 26 rows back. Fantastic view. It is nothing like Brookie but that was the best atmosphere I have been a part of at ANZ Stadium since the 2008 Grand Final.

Well worth the money and I'll be doing that again next year.

I agree Happily Manly, it was great having different clubs coming together for 1 night. More importantly, I'm actually starting to like Farah. His post match interview was awesome. Summed up how I felt...no better place to win the shield than in front of 55000 Queenslanders :)

I just wish he'd stop taking dives. Makes it hard to like and support the bloke sometimes.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4