Brookie gone? SFS new home ground?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I wonder how the football club will react to this?? Can we survive and compete long term?

STRUGGLING NRL clubs have been dealt a severe blow by the State Government today with the release of a stadium strategy that rules out upgrades of traditional old suburban grounds.
STRUGGLING NRL clubs have been dealt a severe blow by the State Government today with the release of a stadium strategy that rules out upgrades of traditional old suburban grounds.

Instead Sports Minister Graham Annesley has announced money will be spent to upgrade facilities at Sydney’s major stadiums and government-run venues like Hunter Stadium and Parramatta Stadium.

The government is adopting a similar policy to their Victorian counterparts to enable the state to compete with Melbourne for major events.

Melbourne based AFL clubs gave up their home grounds years ago to use the MCG or Etihad Stadium. The A-League and the NRL use AAMI.

Hopes of upgrading Brookvale Oval, Leichhardt Oval, Penrith or Cronulla – the venues most in need of a cash injection – have been dashed.

"There’s no point spending money on having seven or eight 30,000-seat stadiums across the suburbs," said a government source.

Rather than rebuild the suburban venues, the government is more open to plans to put a roof over ANZ Stadium or Allianz Stadium.

ANZ Stadium comes back under the control of the government in 2032 when the current lease expires.

Manly, in particular, have been lobbying the state and federal governments for years to fund an upgrade of Brookvale Oval.

The government will also announce an agreement with the Parramatta Eels to play another five seasons at Parramatta Stadium.

Annesley will meet with the NRL clubs, other codes, and stadium officials today to reveal the strategy.

No point in having all these state governments either when 1 federal one will do.

Yeah why worry about Brookvale? Crowd numbers will be ****e this year anyway thanks to a poor draw. No need to upgrade.

Oh, and **** you Graham Annesley

nothing changed, no one likes, we get no favours..... and et in spite of them all we are still successful....

oh and i agree.... F$^k you Annesley

They are saying that any future funding will now need to come from local and/or federal government iunless they agree to take control of brookie.

What is wrong with a city the size of sydney having 7 or 8 30,000 capacity stadiums? They can be used for soccer and other sports.

Every Manly supporter in NSW should let Barry Ofarrel and Graham Analsley know that they will be voting for anyone but NSW libs in future.

Brookie has always had other problems with local council causing crap but now the end is near. Hopefully someone can smack some sense in Annesley.

tookey said:
They are saying that any future funding will now need to come from local and/or federal government iunless they agree to take control of brookie.

What is wrong with a city the size of sydney having 7 or 8 30,000 capacity stadiums? They can be used for soccer and other sports.

Every Manly supporter in NSW should let Barry Ofarrel and Graham Analsley know that they will be voting for anyone but NSW libs in future.

Voting Labor next state election? :):D:cool:

Lets just hope Abbott doesn't end up promising the world and delivering nothing like Fatty Obarrell and the alleged Manly fan and treasuer who cant add up - Baird

I still haven't forgiven Annesley for awarding the Broncos a "try" v Manly at Lang park in early 1990s when Kevin or Kerrod? Walters dropped the ball from about 3 foot above the ground.

The entire north side of Sydney has no stadium. The SFS, ANZ & Parramatta do not serve this region. All sports & codes should push for 30K stadium maybe at St Ives showground or some other option.

Brookvale's only hope is the Libs getting in next year in the federal election.
Anthony Albanese said that as long as his arse is pointing to ground, Brookvale will not get a cent from the Juliar Gillard government.
Oh yeah!, f@#k you Annesly

I agree with them to an extent, there is no point upgrading places like leichardt or panther when they can easily play at the bigger grounds, but its a long way for manly and the sharks. Toyota park should be maintained and upgraded as needed and the northern beaches needs a decent multi purpose stadium

Does anyone think any government gives atoss about the suburban grounds?Unfortunate but true.Oh,well,Allianz is more accessible for me! BTW,Ive posted before in threads and posts...has anyone in government (all levels) given any thought to job losses in the areas around suburban grounds?Ground staff,caterers,surrounding shops/pubs/clubs,loss of extra time for event bus drivers/taxi drivers,just to name a few.It might seem like just a few might be affected,but consider Brookie-extra buses for crowds (extra drivers),maccas hire more staff,cops get extra time,brookie pub and leagues club,cleaners,security,smaller local businesses,travelodge,and the list would go on.

The Wheel said:
tookey said:

Voting Labor next state election? :):D:cool:

Lets just hope Abbott doesn't end up promising the world and delivering nothing like Fatty Obarrell and the alleged Manly fan and treasuer who cant add up - Baird

Yeh **** ofarrell and analsley I'm voting for labor next election.

bones said:
Disco said:
there is no point upgrading places like leichardt or panther

I love going to panther. Though I much prefer going to sea eagle.
smartphones are my natural enemy. Plus I couldn't for the life of me remember the current name of the stadium.......its centrebet these days yeah?

The AFL/MCG comparison is a furphy.

If 4 million people need to share two major stadiums for NRL, get the Fcking transport infrastructure sorted :mad:

Both Brisbane and Melbourne could fit into the geographical area of Sydney.
Yet they both have multi mode transport into the CBD where Suncorp and AAMI are located.

Annesly is aiding the ARLC in turning NRL into Sheffield Cricket attendance number games :mad:

Foxtel subscription needs to be heavily discounted for NRL Club Members IMO, as they are forcing people into their armchairs.

Was always inevitable and don't hold your breath for Federal funding from either side. Ohh yeah and **** you Annesley.

This is hardly news. Mick has got it right above, there will be no federal funding from either party.

Oh yes and "F**K you Graham Annersley"

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8