Brookvale Oval - Its Time To Leave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As Eric Burdon said in the 60's We Gotta Get Out of This Place.

Let's face it we never use it any more, have we played a game there since the Storm game last year. Even that match proved the ground is poison with Wolfs injury and the disgraceful fight.

It's a dump with no atmosphere or history, let's take the $$$ and head to the SFS or better still Homebush.

Hot beer and cold pies ring a bell with anyone.

Agreed. Gosford or Perth would be better option though. Changing the team colours and emblem would help too.

Nope.

I live there, dont drink warm beer or eat cow pies. brookvale is where many legends have set foot on the great turf and spilt blood for the mighty maroon n whites.

Understand the financial position. SFS is s a great option for 2 or 3 home games instead of gasford tongue stadium. we play finals at sfs. So its good to get used to it. much easier to travel too for fans from the nth and south

Bobs been hacked im tipping

Darren said:
sfs!! I like it, decent seating, food and 21st century sports ground.

Do they have hand bag racks for you and jace there daz

Cam, Being at the SFS, Jace has offered to take you and the bois down to nearby Oxford street. With being so far away from home, he knows a place that has a banana show that you may enjoy. :D:cool::dodgy:

No structural or overarching reason why brooky can't me made a viable home ground. This must be the best option in that :

the history, identity, recognisability etc. of its as can be 'leveraged' as they say

oops, was just getting started:

No structural or overarching reason why brooky can't me made a viable home ground. This must be the best option in that :

the history, identity, recognisability etc. of it as Manly's 'tribal' home can be 'leveraged' as they say;

It's in our turf and therefore benefits, and really IS, part of the district;

Looking at the site, it has alot of space to play with, behind the hill, to the north end. So a plan with some decent vision has scope to do something good. ideally some coordinated redevelopment with the leagues club site would be the go.

Lots of potential there if the funds and the clear thinkers can be joined to each other, and if a good consultation process happens so people/businesses in the community feel like they are part of it.

these are the big IFs of course, and the idiocy of the last round of consultation and vision-testing by the council that culminated in that farcical redevelopment plan was a model of what not to do.

This year there is a 200 seat dinning area being built as well as 2 new covered bays.

Tony Abbott has promised 10mil plus for the oval when he is elected.
We may have the PM as our local member. Look what Howard did for kograh.

There are things happening and Kerry Sibra who so far has got us 6mil from state 4 mil from local, 1 mil from feds, is still working on it.

Howard was from Canterbury. Just a St George fan. the C***
lovefooty said:
This year there is a 200 seat dinning area being built as well as 2 new covered bays.

Tony Abbott has promised 10mil plus for the oval when he is elected.
We may have the PM as our local member. Look what Howard did for kograh.

There are things happening and Kerry Sibra who so far has got us 6mil from state 4 mil from local, 1 mil from feds, is still working on it.

Darren despite what you and Jase want we will not be leaving our spiritual home. Given labour's drubbing in Qld the gillard govt is gone so it will be up to Abbott to keep his promise of funding!

Ps. Billy Slater is a tool

id love brookie to get a facelift, but in the real scheme of things , with transport, schooling and health in a shambles,is 20 plus mill to upgrade a footy field really a tax payers priority. I say the same for some of the other ovals too.

I'm starting to believe David Perry can just about get anything done.

Dave will fix it!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4