Brookvale Oval labeled a death trap and a disgrace.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
We are all going to DIE :eek:
  • 23 Jan 2016
  • Manly Daily
  • Andrew Prentice
‘Frightening’ state of wiring at Brookvale

EXPERT REVEALS SAFETY FEAR
IF YOU want concrete evidence why Brookvale Oval needs an urgent upgrade, these confronting pictures tell the story.

getimage.aspx
Electrician Graham Jarrett inspecting the ground for loose wires in the dug out and (below) images from the Jane Try Stand.
On Thursday afternoon, the Manly Daily enlisted the expertise of local electrician Graham Jarrett to inspect the public ground after being informed by a handful of local residents it was potentially a “deathtrap”.

Jarrett was horrified after viewing “ancient” electrical work at the front of the players’ dugout as well as loose wiring at the back of the Jane Try Grandstand.

“It is a complete mess, some of this (electrical) work would have been done decades ago,’’ Jarrett, who has worked in the trade for 16 years, said.

“Clearly it hasn’t been installed with longevity in mind. It is my belief it could be life-threatening in the event of bad weather.”

After then moving up to see the state of the grandstand, which is always full with patrons on game day, the Brookvale-based sparky was scathing in his assessment.

“It goes to show what happens when people have failed to do things properly over time,’’ Jarrett said.

“To be honest, it is frightening to see it first hand. The workmanship is terrible.”

If that wasn’t enough, a fire exit is blocked by two chairs in the Jane Try Grandstand, an obvious hazard in the event of an emergency.

With just 40 days until the Sea Eagles take on the Bulldogs at Brookie in their season opener on Friday, March 4, under lights, urgent work in a number of areas needs to be completed by Warringah Council.

Given it is a public sporting facility open seven days a week, the possibility of youngsters being electrocuted by grabbing loose wiring is a possibility.

A spokesperson from the council disagreed with Jarrett’s scathing assessment.

“Warringah Council takes safety very seriously and carries out regular inspections of all its facilities including Brookvale Oval,’’ she said.

“Based on the notification (from the Manly Daily) that our community may be in danger, we sent an electrician to reinspect Brookvale Oval on Friday.

“The electrician found there were disconnected cords and cables relating to the Sea Eagles audio and power usage and they create no danger to the public.

getimage.aspx

“These cables were left in place at the end of the last NRL season despite several requests to have them removed.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZtH is gifting Brookie to Manly Council :p

• 23 Jan 2016
  • Manly Daily
  • Peter Peters is a Sea Eagles media and sales consultant
Time to end row over rent

COUNCIL HAS TO GET SERIOUS
THE time for talking and negotiating over rundown and ignored Brookvale Oval is fast running out – it’s just 40 days to kick off against the Bulldogs.

The discovery of an unfortunate down-and-out homeless man in a filthy media box at Brookvale Oval this week is surely the signal for Warringah Council to get serious in preparing the ground for play.

Public scrutiny on the condition of the ground and its health and safety issues has reinforced the view it is in need of a massive repair job.

Even if it wasn’t the home of the Sea Eagles, the work needs to be done so it can remain a public park – that’s Warringah Council’s obligation.

And so too is proper process. There have been some massive untruths flying around this week and it is time they were answered.

To suggest the Sea Eagles made $17 million last season is ludicrous. The club, like most clubs in the NRL, lost money in 2015.

It turned over close to $17 million but there is a big difference between turnover and the bottom line.:confused:

The process to reach an agreement with Warringah Council license fees for 2016 commenced in December of 2014 and were ongoing throughout 2015 – with an offer put to council in a formal mediation process on September 15, 2015.

At a meeting with councillors last October, club management was instructed by the mayor that they could not table a proposal while still resolving a dispute for 2015.

The club then put an increased proposal to council again on January 4, 2016 at a meeting at the club’s Narrabeen training base.

To suggest that the Sea Eagles have not put a proposal forward, formally, is farcical.

But several attempts have been instantly dismissed outright with zero appetite to lower the exorbitant fee charges.

Warringah Council might be in limbo but it still has an obligation to the general public to have Brookvale Oval in a much better condition than it is now in.

That is non-negotiable, particularly after the revelations in the last few days.

Down-and-outers living there, and a general rundown of maintenance.

Get it right council and stop crying poor over using ratepayers money.:confused: (See above)

Warringah Council spent more than $200,000 over fighting amalgamation and would have spent another $100,000 until one of the councillors raised the issue.

Fix the ground up or simply hand it over to Manly Council now

Lol. This is getting farcical alright.

MWSE must have had someone with some construction Union experience. That's always their tactic, don't get what you want then shut down a job on some spurious ohs issue. I'd love to go back and check some of that "expert" sparkies work from 10 years ago. He'd be the first tradie I've ever met who wouldn't cut a corner or two to make a buck. Death trap ? Lol. Next they'll be getting a structural engineer in to tell us that under the right conditions and should an earthquake occur then there is a chance the stands could collapse killing 15,000 people in the process.

Love to know who the homeless dishevelled man squatting in the media box was. I heard it was Mase, still hasn't got a contract for next year and is "in between opportunities" at the moment. Either that or Rothfield still hasn't sobered up from the Roosters game last year.

I was sitting on the fence on the hill, and as I got up, one of the barbs from the wire caught my arm, and ripped it open, to which I stilk have scars.

Earlier I saw this kid walking along the fence line, and hus jersey got caughtand torn.

I should have said something - it's a joke.

We are all going to DIE :eek:

‘Frightening’ state of wiring at Brookvale

EXPERT REVEALS SAFETY FEAR
IF YOU want concrete evidence why Brookvale Oval needs an urgent upgrade, these confronting pictures tell the story.

Electrician Graham Jarrett (knights supporter) inspecting the ground for loose wires in the dug out and (below) images from the Jane Try Stand.
On Thursday afternoon, the Manly Daily enlisted the expertise of local electrician Graham Jarrett to inspect the public ground after being informed by a handful of local residents it was potentially a “deathtrap”.

Must admit I sat in the dugout back in 2011 when we played the warriors and I had a 'tingly' feeling all game.

Though that could have been because it was my first time at brookie and we beat the warriors!

(which we did again in the gf as well! woot!)

40 days till round 1. They both probably have the next week to resolve this non sense or we are off some where. Could be interesting and exciting to see where. Poor old Brookie Oval, i know its a trust thing, but I shake my head in disbelief at how a professional football field in 2016 can also be a public park. Why have grandstands been built for if it is a public park? If it is a football field at the highest level then something has to give.

Deja vu. Penns overtly and deliberately engaging in a public media war to hurt the reputation of the people they should be working with. Has been the constant since they arrived. Only the names have changed.

Some homeless guy breaks in for shelter and that's news? That's only social justice news, not a contract negotiation issue. Some random tradie has an opinion - that may drum up business for him? Tell us you've got more than that Zorba.

And if ZtH thinks that handing over control to a greater Manly council, with a notionally smaller rate base than the current Warringah Council, will fix everything, then he probably also believes in the Tooth Fairy.

With just 40 days until the Sea Eagles take on the Bulldogs at Brookie in their season opener on Friday, March 4 under lights, urgent work in a number of areas needs to be completed by Warringah Council.

Given it is a public sporting facility open seven days a week, the possibility of youngsters being electrocuted by grabbing loose wiring is a real possibility.

A spokesperson from Council disagreed with Jarrett’s scathing assessment.

“Warringah Council takes safety very seriously and carries out regular inspections of all its facilities including Brookvale Oval,’’ she said.

“Based on the notification (from the Manly Daily) that our community may be in danger, we sent an electrician to reinspect Brookvale Oval on Friday.

“The electrician found there were disconnected cords and cables relating to the Sea Eagles audio and power usage and they create no danger to the public.

“These cables were left in place at the end of the last NRL season despite several requests to have them removed.”

On Thursday afternoon theManly Daily enlisted the expertise of local electrician Graham Jarrett to inspect the public ground after being informed by a handful of local residents it was potentially a “deathtrap”.

Jarrett was horrified after viewing “ancient” electrical work at the front of the players dug out as well as loose wiring at the back of the Jane Try Grandstand.

“It is a complete mess, some of this (electrical) work would have been done decades ago,’’ Jarrett, who has worked in the trade for 16 years, said.

“Clearly it hasn’t been installed with longevity in mind.

“It is my belief it could be life threatening in the event of bad weather.”

After then moving up to see the state of the grandstand, which is always full with patrons on game day, the Brookvale based sparky was scathing in his assessment.

“It goes to show what happens when people have failed to do things properly over time,’’ Jarrett said.

“To be honest it is frightening to see it first hand, the workmanship is terrible.”

If that wasn’t enough, a fire exit is blocked by two chairs in the Jane Try Grandstand, an obvious hazard in the event of the emergency.

We need a new 32000 seat stadium like our lucky arch enemies - Parramatta Eels have achieved by with their club's expertise lobbying the NSW government.

The Eels had the right idea burning the old Cumberland oval back in the early 80's.

Are the Eels the new silver tails ? Attracting the best players, a highly profitable leagues club & a state of the art upcoming Stadia.

Wake up Manly !!!

We need a new 32000 seat stadium like our lucky arch enemies - Parramatta Eels have achieved by with their club's expertise lobbying the NSW government.

The Eels had the right idea burning the old Cumberland oval back in the early 80's.

Are the Eels the new silver tails ? Attracting the best players, a highly profitable leagues club & a state of the art upcoming Stadia.

Wake up Manly !!!
You mean the stadium the Wanderers got? Poor Parra are now the Wanderers little sisters in their own stadium...

The eels have a state of the art stadium but they have a sht team that can only win wooden spoons . They haven't won a premiership since habib was wearing a bib but he was too young to remember anything .
Snap-Vinyl-back-Bib_20090621383.jpg

Why couldn't they have the two sparkies go through together with an independent witness/notetaker. No bullshiit stories. Although I do tend to believe Jarrett. You could just imagine how much electrical tape is holding (barely) the joint together.

So we bag the club for pointing out the simple fact that the ground is in an atrocious state. The same ground that the Council wants them to pay $45-60k per game to rent when all other suburban clubs pay about $1,000 and the large grounds would charge us nothing.

Ok then, please tell me what your ideas are to resolve this "gun to the head" approach the Council is taking.

If the council are prepared to charge the club this massive hiring fee, they must immediately sort out the WH&S issues that have been highlighted or risk a whopping great law suit, I am sure the constitutents of Warringah council would love that!!

Manly are another Newcastle In the making and will end up being owned by the NRL, as are the Titans, and Tigers.

You guys better hope the Penn ownership doesn't end up another Nathen Tinkler, because if it wasn't for Penn, you'll go bust.

Parramatta have a great foundation, with a thriving Leagues club that's expanding into a 5 star hotel. A world class stadium, with outstanding corporate facilities that will In turn create more sponsorship dollars and two brand new training grounds with state of the art facilities & gym.

The Eels have a rosy future, whilst you guys have a disgraceful oval, & supporters who won't even cross the bridge to follow their team !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4