Brookvale Oval redevelopment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MWSE

Bencher
The Bluetongue thread had me thinking; If Brookie eventually got redone, would crowd attendances increase for the games??

Also does anyone have any new info on the progress of planning or consultation?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-reveal-grand-designs-20111001-1l2pk.html

I just think its pointless the way they put in a couple of million here a couple of million there and do piecemeal stuff with the joint.

I think Newcastle's stadium(Aus) is what they should be aiming for - IMHO it's brilliant.
Salford's new stadium is as well.
Put on free public transport for the away fans or travelling fans - but must buy a drink at the league's club(how many ppl have one beer?)

Nicola Eagle said:
Election time. Might be a good time to write to the council asking about progress s on plans.

Good point, sounds like a job for the manly daily.

Looking at the recent improvements on the weekend, I reckon there could be a possibility that it might be completely finished by our last home game in a couple of weeks - not bad to have it finished by Round 25 when it was supposed to be finsihed by Round 5.

Seems as though the inept Warringah Council hasn't changed a bit since I left the area in '93.......

Bump.

Anyone living near Brookie know if the new canteen has been finished yet?

I had a swim at Narrabeen beach this morn and was driving past Brookie on the way home. The new canteen next to the Jane Try stand is finally finished! Only took the building contractors about 15 months to build ;)

I really wish Hugh Jackman (who claims to be a Manly man) would bite the bullet and kick in $10 million or so to have Brooky re-developed.
:idea:
The northern stand could be the "Hugh Jackman Stand" , we wouldn't mind . . . . .

Come on Hugh !!, PUT UP. Show us the colour of your support. You could arrive into the ground on a flying fox upon completion if you wanna . . . :D

EagleFromMay1967 said:
I really wish Hugh Jackman (who claims to be a Manly man) would bite the bullet and kick in $10 million or so to have Brooky re-developed.
:idea:
The northern stand could be the "Hugh Jackman Stand" , we wouldn't mind . . . . .

Come on Hugh !!, PUT UP. Show us the colour of your support. You could arrive into the ground on a flying fox upon completion if you wanna . . . :D

Let's just hope Mr Jackman reads this forum & wants to put a lazy $10m into a council owned oval ;)

NRL Sea Eagles: Brookvale Oval plans on State Government radar
Rugby League

10 Jan 13 @ 04:36pm by Jon Geddes

A DELEGATION from the Manly Sea Eagles club met with NSW Sports Minister Graham Annesley yesterday as part of the football club's fight to see Brookvale Oval upgraded.

The meeting was attended by a high-power delegation from the northern beaches, including Sea Eagles co-owner Scott Penn, the club's co-patron Kerry Sibraa, Warringah mayor Michael Regan and Tim Cleary, the headmaster of St Augustine's College across the road from the "fortress".

The meeting at the minister's city office lasted nearly an hour, where questions were raised about the future of traditional suburban rugby league grounds like Brookvale and Leichhhardt in the inner west.

This follows the release of the state government's "NSW Stadia Strategy" report in late 2012, which called for funds to be allocated on the bigger sporting venues like Allianz and ANZ Stadiums.

"We just examined a number of options about the future of Brookvale," Sibraa told the Manly Daily.

"We set up a committee - and practically at the same time the stadia strategy was released."

At the meeting the parties agreed the Sea Eagles would put together a properly-costed proposal to take back to the minister for further consideration. Sibraa said Annesley was very receptive to the club's situation.

"He realises the position we are in," he said.

"He said he is available at any time as we flesh out these proposals."

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/brookvale-oval-plans-on-agenda/

nice, more committees and more discussion and future consideration. Is that 10 years of this?? The only ones doing well out of this are the architects who keep building the plastic models of New Brookie!! lol

Darren said:
nice, more committees and more discussion and future consideration. Is that 10 years of this?? The only ones doing well out of this are the architects who keep building the plastic models of New Brookie!! lol

NO. Its all done by computer modelling these days. CGI if you've got more cash to waste.

Does any of our Football Club directors know what is being proposed?

I "think" I am correct in saying if it stays in the same ownership as now that virtually nothing will happen...however if it went to a "trust" (such as the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust)....then money "might" be mopre forthcoming from Federal or State....is that correct???

If so how do we get that to happen????.....cause otherwise I fear it's a lost cause....the owners will want to move to where the money is, they will fight the whole time with the Football Club who want to remain at Brookvale and the Council won't spend diddly squat as they reckon the Sea Eagles should.

I don't see the problem. Laurie daley played there a couple of times so surely we can get money to upgrade because of that cant we. Junee certainly can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4