Brown and Myles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Here's what I don't get. The vast majority of bile directed toward a Manly player on this site goes to Lewis Brown.

I get that there were times when he wasn't stellar but he was the only player to play every game for us this year, he played in numerous positions and could not be faulted for effort one bit. He always seemed to put in 100% and playing so many positions is a big ask.

Meanwhile. Nate Myles seems to escape relatively easily. While I didn't think he was that great when he was on the field for us, I was seriously irked by the fact that he worked so hard to get his knee right for Origin but played very little for us around that period and thus, I would suggest, favoured Queensland over Manly.

They both came to the club at the same time and I would imagine that Myles is on many more dollars than Brown.

So, here's my question: if you could only keep one player from our squad out of Myles and Brown, who would you KEEP (going for the positive here!)?

My vote would be Brown.

I would keep Brown. He played really well at hooker last night for the kiwis. I reckon give him a shot at hooker for round 1 next year. He might surprise us all. Parcell can come of the bench when Brown needs a rest.

However, this could be a case similar to Myles. Brown could favour NZ over Manly... Who knows?

Brown is a fair utility to have on the bench, the 17th man who would be a fill in across many positions.

Very few players can do that!

Myles, well who knows maybe Bozo might put a rocket up his arse, but based on 2016 form he's a WOFTAM!!

Nate Myles is possibly the worst contract we have signed for many, many years. Not just the dollars. The buy in - the bloke doesn't have one drop of Manly Sea eagles blood in his body.

He can pretend to "lead", talk bull****, throw cliche's out to the media all he likes. The fact that he's laughing directly after getting flogged by a team, then posts Bronco's Nation on his Twitter speaks volumes.

Myles to the team, is the @Blue pill to these boards. Just an absolute waste of space that should just **** right off back to another team in QLD somewhere.

Adds zero value, apart from SOO time, so he can selfishly play that. The stigma of him taking a dump in a hallway, to his renowned head butting in games - he tarnishes our brand.

Brown on the other hand, while having a bad season last season, does add value when used properly. If he comes off the bench next season, and slots into the backrow against tiring defenses, he should be ok.

Has Myles booked himself in for some off season surgery? He seemed to be carrying an injury. Perhaps he had it all year.

He wasn't up to origin this year either. He has consistently dominated and harassed the NSW pack for years prior, to the point Gallen got so frustrated he gave him a love tap.

I'd at least give Myles one more year to show his wears.

Brown, he's a hooker who can fill in at other places, but he just dosent fill in very well.

He brought zero to the table in our back row, Api would at least ball play and scheme running himself at lock. Jorge would run straight and hard. I feel both could offer more off the bench then Brown.

At Centre brown brought nothing in attack and was a repeated hand grabber in defence.

He may be a Jack of all trades, but he's a master of non. We have better options even now.

Nate Myles is possibly the worst contract we have signed for many, many years. Not just the dollars. The buy in - the bloke doesn't have one drop of Manly Sea eagles blood in his body.

He can pretend to "lead", talk bull****, throw cliche's out to the media all he likes. The fact that he's laughing directly after getting flogged by a team, then posts Bronco's Nation on his Twitter speaks volumes.

Myles to the team, is the @Blue pill to these boards. Just an absolute waste of space that should just **** right off back to another team in QLD somewhere.

Adds zero value, apart from SOO time, so he can selfishly play that. The stigma of him taking a dump in a hallway, to his renowned head butting in games - he tarnishes our brand.

Brown on the other hand, while having a bad season last season, does add value when used properly. If he comes off the bench next season, and slots into the backrow against tiring defenses, he should be ok.
Possibly similar to the 70s when we signed parra's Ray Higgs

Brown wasn't too bad in last night's test in Perth in the time he got out there. IMO the Kiwis actually looked more dangerous when he was at hooker than when Luke was (yet in their infinite wisdom the boffins at RLW rated Brown a 4 while rating SKD a 5 when KD dropped more balls than a litter of puppies, but then these are the same clowns who didn't even include a rating for Valentine Holmes.....).

Brown's problem is that he's not a 2nd rower and he's not a centre, but we have 2 hookers who are better than him.

As for Myles, he is more an off-field leader than any good player. I mean, what did we really expect from him? His club form for the past 5-6 years has been living off his Origin reputation and that is exactly what he delivered at Manly this year, mediocre club form.

Personally if it were up to me neither would be at Manly in 2017.

Jamie Buhrer Lewis Brown
DOB 28/11/89 DOB 03/10/86
HEIGHT 180CM HEIGHT 179CM
POSITION BACKROW BACK ROW /HOOKER
HOOKER
SALARY 275K ??? SALARY TEST PLAYER $250K++

MINUTES PLAYED 1108 1466
TRYS 3 2
LINE BREAKS 6 2
TRY ASSISTS 2 2
TACKLES 536 380
MISSED TACKLES 36 44
ALL RUN METERS 1662 1313
OFFLOADS 10 9
TACKLE BREAKS 24 21
ERRORS 5 8

Jamie Buhrer Lewis Brown
HOOKER

MINUTES PLAYED 1108 1466
TRYS 3 2
LINE BREAKS 6 2
TRY ASSISTS 2 2
TACKLES 536 380
MISSED TACKLES 36 44
ALL RUN METERS 1662 1313
OFFLOADS 10 9
TACKLE BREAKS 24 21
ERRORS 5 8
Haven't we been though this before. Buhrer and Lewis Brown play different positions.

Jamie Buhrer Lewis Brown
HOOKER

MINUTES PLAYED 1108 1466
TRYS 3 2
LINE BREAKS 6 2
TRY ASSISTS 2 2
TACKLES 536 380
MISSED TACKLES 36 44
ALL RUN METERS 1662 1313
OFFLOADS 10 9
TACKLE BREAKS 24 21
ERRORS 5 8

Do you have an actual comparison of when they both played 2nd row (which is the only position Ferris played in 2016)? Otherwise you might as well be comparing apples to oranges.

Do you have an actual comparison of when they both played 2nd row (which is the only position Ferris played in 2016)? Otherwise you might as well be comparing apples to oranges.

ignore Buhrer stats and focus on Lewis Brown

yes he is an okay hooker off the bench

he is a pathetic centre and back rower....

a REAL utility is Tyrone Peachey ... Lewis brown is a POOR utility than can play OKAY in the 9

the comparison i remember with my memory when Lewis Brown was playing backrow is this

Lewis Brown arm grabbing and being man handled and playing poorly

If Api and Parcell are fit ..... there is no room for Lewis Brown im sorry

and with love and support of Lewis Brown shown by Zorba

it looks like they will pick Brown over Parcel

and yes...... i am not convinced on Parcel but i have seen enough to prefer him over Lewis Brown

Here's what I don't get. The vast majority of bile directed toward a Manly player on this site goes to Lewis Brown.

I get that there were times when he wasn't stellar but he was the only player to play every game for us this year, he played in numerous positions and could not be faulted for effort one bit. He always seemed to put in 100% and playing so many positions is a big ask.

Meanwhile. Nate Myles seems to escape relatively easily. While I didn't think he was that great when he was on the field for us, I was seriously irked by the fact that he worked so hard to get his knee right for Origin but played very little for us around that period and thus, I would suggest, favoured Queensland over Manly.

They both came to the club at the same time and I would imagine that Myles is on many more dollars than Brown.

So, here's my question: if you could only keep one player from our squad out of Myles and Brown, who would you KEEP (going for the positive here!)?

My vote would be Brown.
If I was getting paid that much money to be that average at my job Id be very happy, both poo and plodder fit that category as far as Im concerned

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6