Bryant to Warrington?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Rumour listed on LU today.

Lets hope it is true and that he takes his mate Willo with him.

tookey link said:

While he is at it take NBQ & Deadwood as well

It was in Rugby League Week last week.

Basically said that Hicksy and Monas had been telling him it was a good club and that he might be squeezed out at the end of the year due to salary cap pressure. And given that he wouldn't likely find a place in any other NRL team...England is the best option.

Either way, it doesn't look like he will be at Manly next year.

I'd say Rose will be taking his spot when back to full health. Imagine props in Cuthbo and Rose on the bench who both have a wicked offload !! THAT'S what I call impact !! That said, if we are potentially losing Bell, Bryant & Beaver retires, how much serious salary cap pressure could there REALLY be?
Also, Orford's price actually drops $50k odd in his last year + the cap goes up $100k.

Jezuz, we must be looking to buy Sonny Bill, Darren Lockyer & JT next year !

We might also need to pay the likes of Bani, Williams, hargreaves etc more in the coming years as well.  Either that or they have a 'blue chip' signing locked up already.

Very Funny Matabele - we did miss your wit & optimism while you were away

For all the flack he cops, he actually has pretty reasonable numbers

Mins 34.6 Runs 10.9 Metres 85.6 Tackles 16.3 Missed Tackles 1

The Wheel link said:
We might also need to pay the likes of Bani, Williams, hargreaves etc more in the coming years as well.  Either that or they have a 'blue chip' signing locked up already.

Bani is one who is due for a payrise.

On relative peanuts since he signed with Manly (and rightly so given he was completely unproven), but he's worth decent coin now. A proven try-scorer, quality athlete etc. He'd be mad to accept anything less than 150k, and his manager is pushing hard for something even higher.

tookey link said:

ape_waving_hand_hg_clr.gif

Ryan link said:
Imagine props in Cuthbo and Rose on the bench who both have a wicked offload !! THAT'S what I call impact !!

That's what I call poor lateral mobility and a defence ripe for carving up the middle if they are both in the ruck area. I think we can only afford to carry one of this style player.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=177485.msg184428#msg184428 date=1210734966]

While he is at it take NBQ & Deadwood as well
[/quote]

And don't forget Robson.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

Where is his stats for line breaks?  Nil because he will nevre break the line by running up and contunually turning his back on the defence.  He has got to learn to run betwen defenders.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=177485.msg184446#msg184446 date=1210745008]

Where is his stats for line breaks?  Nil because he will nevre break the line by running up and contunually turning his back on the defence.  He has got to learn to run betwen defenders.
[/quote]

0, the same number as King and Perry, and 1 less than Cuthbertson, Kite and Hall

Not all players will break the line and be world beaters Tookey.  Bryant is ok in my view, generally does the job but I wont be upset seeing him go as we have others. 

Bryant is just so-so and won't be missed.  Hall supplies just so much more grunt when he's on the park.  He's probably in line for an upgrade. 

I won't join in with the knockers who put down Willo and Bryant. They are not flashy but work hard and complement the more fashionable players. With a salary cap you can't have a team full of stars unless you are a New Ltd team.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2