Buhrer out of origin contention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Panicked late in the game and given the role he may have to play surely has kept himself in Maroon and White next week which we will need.

Thats not SOO stuff.

Give him another 12 months

That last pass around the corner that put Matai away (and led to the match winner) more than made up for his two weird kicks.

Earnie the Eagle said:
clontaago said:
If that's the case so did Brett Stewart........

If Dugan has a big game this weekend, Brett may well miss out.

As a NSW fan I'd be happy with either of them at the back, to be honest.

I don't think Buhrer played himself out of SoO contention with 20min of play, though he shouldn't have been in the discussion in the first place. Give him another season or two & he'll be good for it.

i reckon he played himself in. If an error or two when the match reqires chnces to be tken counts you out the all rep tems would have allan tounge 1-13. When it counted his pss gave his team the chance to win. Against a bunch of qlders

Ricky has said he is going to have to take risks. I took that as a certain sign that T-Rex will be in the team, but maybe he's extending that to Buhrer. ALthough his kicks didn't exactly come off, they were more forced because the Broncos outside backs got up so quickly and took out the quick shift to that side. The kicks showed a player who can sum up the situation and an ability to take advantage of whats presented to him, not just play in a robotic manner. I reckon he's out next great backrower and a 200+ plus gamer for the club. I'd still be surprised if he got picked, but if given the chance, I'm confident he'll show the rest of the NRL what I think most Manly supporters already know and that is we've got another superstar in our ranks.

Massive Buhrer fan, but he's not ready for Origin. Tonight won't have cost him a gig, he was good tonight; he's just not ready yet.

Volley said:
Massive Buhrer fan, but he's not ready for Origin. Tonight won't have cost him a gig, he was good tonight; he's just not ready yet.

Patience will pay off.

I thought Bhurer over played his hand a little a couple of times. Great player but maybe the talk made him try a bit hard. Will be an origin player eventually regardless.

How many Manly backrowers does Stuart need? It could be that Manly supplies Glenn,Chock, T rex and Buhrer. Dont the other Clubs have any talent?

I don't think Buhrer was ever really in contention for Origin. He needs to mature a bit more.

ads said:
I thought Bhurer over played his hand a little a couple of times. Great player but maybe the talk made him try a bit hard. Will be an origin player eventually regardless.

Thats the point i was getting at.

As many say not sure how in the mix but since he was a bolter then it doesnt take much to say no, we will take the other guy.

Really though Bird could cover the utility position better than Buhrer has played 5/8 and backrow before.

Still remind's me of a junior Gift...good future ahead when his body matures a little more.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4