Buhrer the 80 min man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
If Manly is looking to the future and unloading players like Kite,George and now Gift, then Buhrer must be retained and now. Not only that but he now commands a permanent starting spot. He has locked up that lock position :s and when Gift comes back I would be happy to see Horo come off the bench and Jamie play 80 min. The injuries to Choc and Gift mean they can't be 80 min players anymore so Ferris must become our 80 min man.

Agree he was great last night, quietly going about his business. Also agree that we need to retain him and I really hope that we do. It's amazing how good, solid time in the middle can help a player develop. He has the potential to be our next Watmough, he loves the team and he loves the area. He has to stay.

agreed Mick. Buhrer has been great the last 6 weeks. Would love to see him locked up for a few more years.

Thought he was one of our best last night. Got through a lot of work, and his footwork before the line paid dividends in the slippery conditions

He's come along way since his early days as the 0 minute man.

Definitely deserves to be getting much more minutes than Horo, but then so does Symonds.

Good thread Mickqld and agree with all of the above.

Buhrer's been one of our best every week since playing at lock for 80 mins and deserves to keep that spot.

Can't understand why he hasn't been re-signed and if we lose him I'll be very miffed!

I agree with all that has been said. It's been a big year for him and he's really stepped up when we needed him.

Just out of curiosity, what do people think Ferris is worth ?

I agree with all that has been said. It's been a big year for him and he's really stepped up when we needed him.

Just out of curiosity, what do people think Ferris is worth ?

And how many years. I'd like to see him sign for 3 years minimum and I don't think 250-300 is far from the mark. But I'm no David Perry. And probably just as well.

Burher is in career best form. He deserves a contract upgrade on this years form.

Andy1972
Manly Forever

Hope that they give him a 3year contact , i have heard brad arthur is trying to get him over to parra, hope he stays he is a 80min player tough as nails

I still think he is a 60 minute man, as in the last 60 straight. Offers very little in the first 20 until the opposition tire.

After that he is great value.

I would start JSL and on Buhrer at 20 minutes

I was happy to hear Dave Perry speaking at last week's pre-match function that he had a number of contracts to set for this year and Ferris's name was mentioned.

So, is that a back-handed way of saying that he will be re-signed? I hope so.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6