• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Big opportunity for him now, and I feel it is time for him to step up as well

Although he got a run in origin, I feel like his play has stagnated a bit this season. Not at a terrible level or anything, just lacking a bit from where I expected him to kick onto. Hopefully a starting role may spark him up. Would love to see him cut the penalties out of his game as well

He has all the ability required to be a key player for us in Glenns spot

Id love to see Buhrer at lock, he has good hands and he has a kicking game, hes a fast mover on the edges with good vision, we wouldnt be weakening ourselves by giving it a shot, forgot to mention the kid is a great defender !

Gives away too many penalties. Other than that doesnt add a lot. I've got no idea why he was picked in soo 1.

A player like him needs to be playing 80minutes consistently. Otherwise he is just filling gaps and finding it hard to get into the rhythm of the game.

Its great to see him playing lock now, When gifty hurt himself after rd 1 they had harrison playing in lock and i always thought buhrer should have gotten the gig, He has an awesome passing game(remembering 1st semi last yr against the cowboys his BEAUTY of a spiral pass to robbo after he made a break down field) and also has that good footwork and is prepared to do the tough stuff when needed. IMO buhrer has the potential to one day take giftys position in the future, Id love to see him do some work with joey johns in the offseason with selective passing and maybe a little kicking aswell to channel those skills and be able to help him identify the right time to throw a long or short pass or put in a little kick behind the defensive line. I honestly believe this guy is our future.

Last season tipped Buhrer as a SOO chance but tbh feel he was lucky to get a spot on form in 2012.
Reminds me a bit of Choc when he 1st broke into the NRL & lacked a bit of size. The extra 5-7 kg of granite has transformed him from a good player with a big motor into 1 of the top few backrowers in the world. Dont get me wrong here, Choc is naturally a more aggressive physical player, whereas Buhrer is more silky with a touch of Beaver(unfortunately not a clone).
Still believe an extra few kg will make a world of difference.
I still think he will lift 10-15% by seasons end & we will all be happy with where he is at.

NFN2IT said:
Its great to see him playing lock now, When gifty hurt himself after rd 1 they had harrison playing in lock and i always thought buhrer should have gotten the gig, He has an awesome passing game(remembering 1st semi last yr against the cowboys his BEAUTY of a spiral pass to robbo after he made a break down field) and also has that good footwork and is prepared to do the tough stuff when needed. IMO buhrer has the potential to one day take giftys position in the future, Id love to see him do some work with joey johns in the offseason with selective passing and maybe a little kicking aswell to channel those skills and be able to help him identify the right time to throw a long or short pass or put in a little kick behind the defensive line. I honestly believe this guy is our future.

Spot on NFN2IT. He also has a fantastic turn of foot which should see him eventually provide more opportunities than Gifty.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6