Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
He got dominated hitting it up in the first 20 minutes due to his lack of size which meant slow play the balls as well. Stifled our sets a couple of times.

After the knights tired a bit he then found some room and was very good.

I would prefer him to start on the bench for 20 minutes then play the last 60.

Play an extra big boy to start then bring on ferris to exploit the tiring packs.
g'day all,Most players no matter their size get dominated depending where they hit it up,but footwork at or before the line makes size less of an issue which is why the hero rarely seems to get dominated. JB is the same, and he also is prepared to do the hard run when no matter who you are you're going to get smashed.
cheers mike

Footwok only helps if there is a gap, there isnt when players are fresh

most players don't get belted as bad. Put on Kingdog for the first 20 as well.

Fluffy said:

Fluffy im not shore you are making any sense, j king is a front rower, j buhrer is ball player a hole runner , if you look at his stats over the years u will find he makes lots of metres . Not shore putting kingdog on the edges would be a great idea

The thing I like about 'Ferris' is he is no flashy 1 season wonder, he is a SLOW BURNER or should I say slow Buhrer ?
Now that he's established himself he will just keep on keeping on. Worth every cent. What he lacks in creative passing he makes up for with footwork, support. He's sort of half way between Matt B & the footwork of Choc. He reminds me a little of former Manly backrower: Bruce Walker.

Fluffy said:

g'day all,Not referring to running into gaps but more about not allowing defenders to get set and putting them off balance and not quite as effective in the tackle.As I said watch the hero as its his footwork that allows him to make yards in tough situations as opposed to some big bopper who runs straight at the line,being an easy target for the defence.
cheers mike

Ferris has great footwork and has become a very good defender , he hits holes and he puts his body on the line every week ,he has been doing this for the past 3 years . He reminds me of owen Cunningham tough as nails. Lets sign him asap

EagleFromMay1967 said:
The thing I like about 'Ferris' is he is no flashy 1 season wonder, he is a SLOW BURNER or should I say slow Buhrer ?
Now that he's established himself he will just keep on keeping on. Worth every cent. What he lacks in creative passing he makes up for with footwork, support. He's sort of half way between Matt B & the footwork of Choc. He reminds me a little of former Manly backrower: Bruce Walker.

Goldie was one of my faves as a kid but he's a long way off Buhrer.

sweetest g said:
Fluffy said:

Fluffy im not shore you are making any sense, j king is a front rower, j buhrer is ball player a hole runner , if you look at his stats over the years u will find he makes lots of metres . Not shore putting kingdog on the edges would be a great idea

I think my lack of sense comes from my spelling.

He is playing lock and takes hit ups in the middle third.

I am sure if you could find the stats for just the first 20 minutes of a match you will find he is pretty poor in terms of impact.

You state he is a hole runner - my exact point, put him on when there are holes to run into, which increase a lot after the first 20.

mike walker said:
Fluffy said:

g'day all,Not referring to running into gaps but more about not allowing defenders to get set and putting them off balance and not quite as effective in the tackle.As I said watch the hero as its his footwork that allows him to make yards in tough situations as opposed to some big bopper who runs straight at the line,being an easy target for the defence.
cheers mike

In which case he fails immensely until he warms up because there is none of this for the first 20

Yes fluffy you are right , jeff toovey should drop buhrer back to the bench next start and play jason king on the right edge , that is were buhrer has been playing on the right edge .I would be interested in what tooves would think of your game plan

Fluffy said:
sweetest g said:
Fluffy said:

I think my lack of sense comes from my spelling.

He is playing lock and takes hit ups in the middle third.

I am sure if you could find the stats for just the first 20 minutes of a match you will find he is pretty poor in terms of impact.

You state he is a hole runner - my exact point, put him on when there are holes to run into, which increase a lot after the first 20.

mike walker said:
Fluffy said:

cheers mike

In which case he fails immensely until he warms up because there is none of this for the first 20

g'day all,I'm not sure what you mean Fluffy but as far as i'm concerned JB does more than his share of tough runs right from the word go and I've seen plenty of criticism of much larger front rowers for their lack of yards gained,so to me it isn't necessarily about size.
cheers mike

Buhrer is all Manly and should be rated amongst the senior group.
He should never play for any other club.
NYEagle

I have been highly critical of him in the past. Always thought he wasn't packing enough muscle, lamented the lost opportunities for him to bulk up in the off- season and really hate it when any Manly forward gets rag dolled by opposition forwards.

Good luck to the kid, all credit to him. Has very quickly turned into a MUST selection. And I swear I caught a glimpse of some tricep definition last week.

I think we've found who is going to wear the #13 next year when we (sadly) don't have Gifty any more. Sure, Jamie isn't Glenn Stewart, but not many locks can be that good. He has definitely gone better this year than in the past. Bulking up seems to have done him the world of good, and it hasn't come at the expense of footwork, speed or his passing game.

We're in pretty good hands with Buhrer I think. And TBH I don't think he was all that far off getting an Origin recall with the form he's been in.

Save Ferris.....LOL I watched that movie last week :p

Personally, I think he is fine in the first 20 minutes. Starling, Watmough, Lawrence, and Horo are big enough to take the early blows, and Jamie holds his own. Manly have a great record of scoring the first try in matches this year (all but 2 games this year) and our attack is lethal in the first 20 minutes. My point is the pros of having Jamie on in the first 20 minutes far outweigh the cons if the team continues to dominate the opposition from the get go.

Glenn Stewart's real worth is the extra dimension he brings to our attack; yes he defends well, and is aggressive, but so are a heap of other locks in the game.

Therefore we need a player that can bring an extra dimension to our attack. Enter Jamie Buhrer; a hole running, side stepping, ball playing lock. He holds the ball in two hands (like Glenn) and can link up with the outside backs. He has a strong combination with DCE whom he is very good friends with off the field. It's win win for Manly if he re-signs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4