Buhrers next move??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Buhrer has had a quiet year in 2012 & I hope he can make more of an imprint come finals time.
He has been a victim of limited game time battling for a spot in the best back row in the NRL ot to steal some time off Ballin at dummy half.
Buhrer has definate star qualities & with T Rex moving on will have a much bigger impact on 2013 imo.
Really expected a bigger impact from him this season, but its been circumstances more than anything else hindering his form.
The great thing about Buhrer is his ability to cover many positions & this could be massive come finals time.
In 2013 expect him to start in the backrow & improve out of sight.

Buhrer has had a quiet year in 2012 & I hope he can make more of an imprint come finals time.
He has been a victim of limited game time battling for a spot in the best back row in the NRL ot to steal some time off Ballin at dummy half.
Buhrer has definate star qualities & with T Rex moving on will have a much bigger impact on 2013 imo.
Really expected a bigger impact from him this season, but its been circumstances more than anything else hindering his form.
The great thing about Buhrer is his ability to cover many positions & this could be massive come finals time.
In 2013 expect him to start in the backrow & improve out of sight.

think we look better with him at dummy half. He is quicker and more creative than Ballin. I'd like to see him get more regular time there.

think we look better with him at dummy half. He is quicker and more creative than Ballin. I'd like to see him get more regular time there.

I still don't think he'll start next year. IMO the ideal role for him with his current skillset is how Tooves was using him earlier on in the year when Rex was out - coming off the bench after Harrison, while still playing significant minutes.

If Tooves wants to keep going with using a player to spell Matty B during the game then I'd rather see someone else brought into the team rather than using Buhrer there. He's handy in the position, but I think he's at his best in the backrow.

I still don't think he'll start next year. IMO the ideal role for him with his current skillset is how Tooves was using him earlier on in the year when Rex was out - coming off the bench after Harrison, while still playing significant minutes.

If Tooves wants to keep going with using a player to spell Matty B during the game then I'd rather see someone else brought into the team rather than using Buhrer there. He's handy in the position, but I think he's at his best in the backrow.

Chip and Chase said:

Agreed, but I think Ballin's defence in the middle is better.

Chip and Chase said:

Agreed, but I think Ballin's defence in the middle is better.

I'd be surprised if he went into the second row next season. He looks the goods at dummy half and he plays a different, more attacking game to Ballin, so the two hooker option works well.

I'd be surprised if he went into the second row next season. He looks the goods at dummy half and he plays a different, more attacking game to Ballin, so the two hooker option works well.

Ballin played 20 minutes a game for 2 years, why not let Bhurer play a similar role, after his last few games in dummy half, he has added so so so much that we have to keep him there

Ballin played 20 minutes a game for 2 years, why not let Bhurer play a similar role, after his last few games in dummy half, he has added so so so much that we have to keep him there

Chip and Chase said:
Agree totally that his impact out of dummy half is massive.
He is just such a talent would like to see him get more time on the paddock, but his 10-20 quality super sub stints certainly asks plenty of questions around the ruck.
Just have a feeling if he added 5kg & played 60 mins in the backrow weekly, he could end up a backrow who attacks those edges & offers some silky passing skills also - the quick Gift....maybe??
Just so versatile we are lucky to have possably the best utility player in the game.

Chip and Chase said:
Agree totally that his impact out of dummy half is massive.
He is just such a talent would like to see him get more time on the paddock, but his 10-20 quality super sub stints certainly asks plenty of questions around the ruck.
Just have a feeling if he added 5kg & played 60 mins in the backrow weekly, he could end up a backrow who attacks those edges & offers some silky passing skills also - the quick Gift....maybe??
Just so versatile we are lucky to have possably the best utility player in the game.

I agree with Simon I love Ballin in my team but we looked more dangerous with Buhrer at dummy half. Next year I would use Ballin for the 1st 30 mins at dummy half then bring Buhrer on in that role. Ballin would then play second row as a tackling machine. Problem solved and there is no reason why we couldnt use this ploy in the finals this year.

I agree with Simon I love Ballin in my team but we looked more dangerous with Buhrer at dummy half. Next year I would use Ballin for the 1st 30 mins at dummy half then bring Buhrer on in that role. Ballin would then play second row as a tackling machine. Problem solved and there is no reason why we couldnt use this ploy in the finals this year.

I can't say I'm disappointed with his development this year. I think he has improved a lot.

Like others have said, I'm really impressed with his efforts from dummy half.

I think he is going great guns out of dummy half. I imagine he'll only get more dangerous if they end up reducing the interchange rule in the future. He's fast and creative, been looking for that X factor that T Rex supplied on last years run and I think Buhrer maywell be it.

I think he is going great guns out of dummy half. I imagine he'll only get more dangerous if they end up reducing the interchange rule in the future. He's fast and creative, been looking for that X factor that T Rex supplied on last years run and I think Buhrer maywell be it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6