Bulldogs offer to Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
The Daily Telegraph has been told that only five-eighth Kieran Foran has a get-out clause in his deal should Hasler leave.

He has reportedly been offered $600,000-a-season to join the Bulldogs from 2013, but says he isn't going anywhere.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-manly-chairman-scott-penn-says-des-hasler-rejected-offer-form-club-because-he-was-after-more-money/story-e6frexnr-1226193222795

If that offer reported has any truth, do we try to even match it? I personally don't think Foran is worth that much yet, it will also make the Dogs cap pretty tight and ours especially, if we give him that much we might not have enough for DCE.

Tough Decisions.

DCE is priority #1 and the board need to make a move ASAP to extend his contract and give him an upgrade. This will quell some of the accusations of incompetence levelled at the board and start moving the team back in the right direction. Seeing teammates stick with Manly may have an impact on Foz's decision as we are all quite aware of how close these blokes are.

If its in the DT as $600k is probably more realistically 400K.
Imo after the bulldogs don't even make top 8 next season, no one will want to join them

If it is 600k then we can't match that!! We also have Riccardi coming through and for 300k we can get a quality 5/8 for that. That price is madness. That's nearly 30 grand for 80 minutes of footy!! That would take 1200 paying adults coming through the gate just to pay his weekly wage!! When it rains we only get 8000!!! No way we could pay that!

i'd say that if the offer is as big as reported it would be on the proviso of the salary cap being raised in line with the t.v. rights

castle eagle said:
i'd say that if the offer is as big as reported it would be on the proviso of the salary cap being raised in line with the t.v. rights
Yes, your right, forgot about the new tv rights deal.

castle eagle said:
I hate that so many clubs are signing big relying on the TV rights deal going through. They don't seem to have thought "what if it doesn't".

Re Foran coming to the Dogs, I'm not sure. On one hand we need a 5/8, and there really aren't any good options in house that are ready for the role yet (or for the next few years). That said, Manly don't deserve to be torn apart player wise as none of this is their fault (regardless of who you blame).

There are only 3 reasons I can see that Foran would consider a move to the Bulldogs.

1. For more money.
2. To reunite with Hodkinson in the halves.
3. To be coached under Hasler.

MrInvisible said:
castle eagle said:
I hate that so many clubs are signing big relying on the TV rights deal going through. They don't seem to have thought "what if it doesn't".

Re Foran coming to the Dogs, I'm not sure. On one hand we need a 5/8, and there really aren't any good options in house that are ready for the role yet (or for the next few years). That said, Manly don't deserve to be torn apart player wise as none of this is their fault (regardless of who you blame).

There are only 3 reasons I can see that Foran would consider a move to the Bulldogs.

1. For more money.
2. To reunite with Hodkinson in the halves.
3. To be coached under Hasler.
He would of only known Hodko for a year, plus I don't even know if there good mates, he would have a lot more mates at Manly + his brother is also at Manly.

I will give you reason 1 & 3.

If he was to go anywhere for a player wouldn't it be Rooster pearce? Or is that friendship over reported and built up to be more then it is?

Ceagle said:
He would of only known Hodko for a year, plus I don't even know if there good mates, he would have a lot more mates at Manly + his brother is also at Manly.

Liam isn't a bad player at all either.

I still reckon the NRL should give salary cap discounts to players you've brought up through your junior sides. It's only fair you be allowed a greater chance to keep them given the time and effort put into bringing them up to first grade ability.

MrInvisible said:
Ceagle said:

I still reckon the NRL should give salary cap discounts to players you've brought up through your junior sides. It's only fair you be allowed a greater chance to keep them given the time and effort put into bringing them up to first grade ability.
Yep, definitely

I thought Forans game suffered while Hodkinson was at number 7. Foz and DCE combine so well and he would be foolish to go to the dogs.

With all that has come out in the past few days and ex players/legends slamming Des, I can't see any player following him to the Dogs for anything other than money.

Ceagle said:
MrInvisible said:
Ceagle said:

Yep, definitely

If this had happened melbourne would have 3 premierships, not one

Mr Buddy Weiser said:
I thought Forans game suffered while Hodkinson was at number 7. Foz and DCE combine so well and he would be foolish to go to the dogs.
I Disagree. Foz played better with hodko. But only because he had to do more work. The partnership with Foz and dce is much better than Foz and hodko, and that's the important thing

Dan79 said:
Mr Buddy Weiser said:
I Disagree. Foz played better with hodko. But only because he had to do more work. The partnership with Foz and dce is much better than Foz and hodko, and that's the important thing

I don't think so. Last year Foran's form was not of the standard he showed this year. Foran was outstanding in 2011 especially in the first 15 rounds.

Hodkinson is a hack. If Foran is smart, which I think he is, he will stay with us and be our captain in perhaps 2 years.

Foran is good and we should do everything in our power to retain him. But I think DCE should be priority No. 1, He is a natural ball player (Foran isn't) and they don't grow on trees.

Chip and Chase said:
Foran is good and we should do everything in our power to retain him. But I think DCE should be priority No. 1, He is a natural ball player (Foran isn't) and they don't grow on trees.

For sure, DCE is the next Andrew Johns in my opinion. He has it all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7