Bulldogs reveal plans to poach Brookvale Oval, Manly Beach and Cherry-Evans’ hyphen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
(I got this from www.ozcardtrader.com.au sorry if has already been posted )

Written by The Ball Boys
Fresh after signing Manly Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler and possibly several support staff and star players, Canterbury Bankstown CEO Todd Greenberg has shockingly revealed further plans to poach iconic Manly figures like Brookvale Oval, Manly Beach and even Daly Cherry-Evans’ hyphen.
The Hasler signing has shocked Manly and blowdryer fans around the globe, and it seemed things couldn’t get any worse for the Northern Beaches club when strong rumours emerged over the weekend that the man many call “Des” would be taking with him his entire support staff, as well as several key players such as Kieran Foran, Tony Williams, the Stewart brothers and Cliff Lyons, the last of whom is planning to come out of retirement pending the successful birth of his 3rd great-grandchild.
But Canterbury don’t seem finished there, and Greenberg explained that his spending spree was part of a strategic 5 day plan.
“For us, signing Manly’s coach, their support staff and their players, is only the tip of the Greenberg”, Iceberg stated to a packed media contingent at a local Lakemba kebab store. “Our strategic 5 day plan has been in the works for several months now, and we feel that bringing across Manly’s oval as well as their main tourist attraction would not only strengthen our premiership claims, but also force Sea Eagles fans to find somewhere else to drunkenly urinate whilst dancing to hit 1971 Daddy Cool song ‘Eagle Rock’.”
Perhaps the biggest surprise though is the possible stealing of boom halfback Daly Cherry-Evans’ hyphen, with Greenberg admitting he’s been hugely impressed this season with the surname’s form. “I honestly think that double-barrelled surname has been one of the finds of the season, and adding that hyphen to our roster could only help the players even more”, Greenberg continued. “Imagine a squad with names like Ben Bar-ba, Josh Morr-is, Trent Hodkinso-n, we’d be unstoppable.”
Asked how he would look to utilise Brookvale Stadium and Manly beach in Belmore, Greenberg stated that while “nothing was set in concrete”, they’d be looking to move both to Homebush and “surround them with concrete”.

bob dylan said:

Written by The Ball Boys
Fresh after signing Manly Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler and possibly several support staff and star players, Canterbury Bankstown CEO Todd Greenberg has shockingly revealed further plans to poach iconic Manly figures like Brookvale Oval, Manly Beach and even Daly Cherry-Evans’ hyphen.
The Hasler signing has shocked Manly and blowdryer fans around the globe, and it seemed things couldn’t get any worse for the Northern Beaches club when strong rumours emerged over the weekend that the man many call “Des” would be taking with him his entire support staff, as well as several key players such as Kieran Foran, Tony Williams, the Stewart brothers and Cliff Lyons, the last of whom is planning to come out of retirement pending the successful birth of his 3rd great-grandchild.
But Canterbury don’t seem finished there, and Greenberg explained that his spending spree was part of a strategic 5 day plan.
“For us, signing Manly’s coach, their support staff and their players, is only the tip of the Greenberg”, Iceberg stated to a packed media contingent at a local Lakemba kebab store. “Our strategic 5 day plan has been in the works for several months now, and we feel that bringing across Manly’s oval as well as their main tourist attraction would not only strengthen our premiership claims, but also force Sea Eagles fans to find somewhere else to drunkenly urinate whilst dancing to hit 1971 Daddy Cool song ‘Eagle Rock’.”
Perhaps the biggest surprise though is the possible stealing of boom halfback Daly Cherry-Evans’ hyphen, with Greenberg admitting he’s been hugely impressed this season with the surname’s form. “I honestly think that double-barrelled surname has been one of the finds of the season, and adding that hyphen to our roster could only help the players even more”, Greenberg continued. “Imagine a squad with names like Ben Bar-ba, Josh Morr-is, Trent Hodkinso-n, we’d be unstoppable.”
Asked how he would look to utilise Brookvale Stadium and Manly beach in Belmore, Greenberg stated that while “nothing was set in concrete”, they’d be looking to move both to Homebush and “surround them with concrete”.

Yes Bob, Blake mentioned (but did not post) the original Ball Boy story with a link at Post: #7 of http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Bewildered-News-Ltd-journalist-runs-out-of-stories-about-the-Manly-club . As he only received a couple of likes and no comments on the story, rather than merge the two threads, I will leave this one open on it's own for comments instead. :)

Haha gold!

I can see a man-made beach & "ocean" being built out at Bankstown & Des sitting in the life guard chair, hair blowing in a warm Westerly breeze... :D

I understand that Greenberg is now attempting to buy the old 'South Steyne' Manly ferry to shuttle run Des and co from a boat transfer position off Collaroy Basin to a relocated Manly Wharf on Salt Pan Creek near Henry Lawson Drive. Apparently Des has been complaining about the high cost of the tolls, which a man on his paltry salary can ill-afford.

Turd Greenberg is just trying to exert some influence on the State Govt to dredge out the George's River, blast channels through existing riverside suburbs, raise the bridges along the way and move navigational beacons as required, to allow South Steyne passage up that constricted waterway.

Ray Dib, Canterbury chairman, has expressed some concerns over Greenberg's strategy. He is looking to employ his old associate John Elias, by sending him to southern Lebanon. Elias will exert pressure on 'Australian' retirees who have returned home to the Levant, to handover some of their 'hard-earned' (I use that term advisedly) Australian pension money, to keep Hasler and his cohorts happy. Stay tuned...

Fortress Brookvale will not fall to the Bullydogs :bash:
And it vindicates the Manly Peninsular seceding from the Rest of Sydney.

A very funny article supporting the above sentiments:
http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/grand-final-exclusive-some-people-in-nsw-might-back-manly/

NEWSFLASH - Igor the mascot has just signed a 4yr deal with the Bulldogs effective immediately! His only clause stipulating he refuses to wear the spike dog collar and leather chaps as worn by most bulldg fans!

Jason king's cousin Jeff works here in Rocky as a used car salesman. I wonder if the dogs would be interested in him?

Lol. You're a funny bugger Jatz. We were thinking of hiding them anyway before Kingy's cousin devours them all. He's a big unit.

The Bulldogs sent me one of their Membership brochures in the mail a few weeks ago (I think they got my details from Ticketek when I went to a game at Homebush a few years back), it appears they are trying to poach Manly fans too.

The offer wasn't good enough (and I don't think ever could be) so I will happily be staying with the club.

We must have a clause in future contracts that hyphen's are sacrosanct. Anybody who desert's Manly must be prepared to leave their hyphen behind. We don't want to see a repeat of the Waereahargreaves debacle.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
bob dylan said:

Written by The Ball Boys
There were also rumors that Des Hasler's hairdressers will follow Des to the Campsie K9's along with the ground announcer & the canteen lady on the family hill. The Stewart boys are in a tug of war between the Wallabies & the Socceroos.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2