Bulldogs sack wayward star Reni Maitua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Bulldogs sack wayward star Reni Maitua after missing training
By Josh Massoud
December 03, 2008 BULLDOGS star Reni Maitua has been sacked from the Belmore club after he failed to attend training on Monday.

After tolerating a string of incidents involving the 25-year-old, frustrated Bulldogs officials decided to terminate the final year of his contract.

Maitua has previously missed twice, and also had his licence suspended for drink driving. After being dropped to reserve grade two weeks into last season for his previous no-show, the former Australian lock was given his last warning.

Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg and new coach Kevin Moore have vowed to return discipline to Belmore after six drama-plagued seasons, a promise they delivered on by sacking the errant Maitua.

"We've decided to terminate Reni's contract for repeated breaches of the club's code of conduct," Greenberg said.

"It’s not the first time something like this has happened and we simply can't put up with it any more."

He will be signed by the Sydney City RSPCA by the end of the week. No real surprise there though

The sharks will have money available when they get rid of Bird.  At least at the sharks he will be closer to Northies.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the Bulldogs. That will change as soon as their supporters start attending games again though.

clontaago link said:
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the Bulldogs. That will change as soon as their supporters start attending games again though.

Nothing to feel sorry about. They're getting rid of all of their trouble makers. The club is in an immensely better position than it was this time last year. A solid roster filled with "good people". Their biggest worry is the coach - I don't rate him.

The flics of Maitua in today's Telegraph say it all about this idiot.  Cheek to cheek with Bird, the fingers thing with Anasta, the gangsta thug look and hanging out with Souffs people.  Real dikhead.  Roosters, Parra and Cronulla love this sort of ego driven fool.  I'd love him to go to any of those clubs and watch them implode.  (Interesting that Holdworth is shown with Bird and Maitua in one photo.  I've always been of the opinion the Dogs will never win a game with him in their backline and I've been proved right nearly every time) 

DSM5 link said:
(Interesting that Holdworth is shown with Bird and Maitua in one photo.  I've always been of the opinion the Dogs will never win a game with him in their backline and I've been proved right nearly every time)  

This is surprising - Those fools at St george like Doust & Brown normally only got rid of their better players - they certainly made the right decision in off loading Holdsworth the the dogs.

I read somewhere the NRL might not register him for 09...

So that means ESL or Union.  Or if he has a sook about how unfair life is then he'll just fade into oblivion.  No loss and i hope no club picks him up, if they know what's good for them

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2