Bulldogs unlimited salary cap??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Matt K link=topic=187338.msg331018#msg331018 date=1302051746]
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=187338.msg331016#msg331016 date=1302050110]
Recent years have seen Kimmorley, Patten and Hannant go.

They have non of the games top money earners.
Kimmorley & Patten would be on not much more than Pritchard, Eastwood, Ennis, Morris, Stagg, Tolman, Roberts or Hodgkinson individually - add your bobcat Ryan & even backups Payne, Halatau, Paea & Millington on more than the average reserve. Then Idris -who they still lay claim too & start talking to the most costly pom in England. Back end contracts & Hannants still dont add up for me.....
[/quote]

Thats fair enough logic in some ways, but you must concede that many fans from other teams go on about Manly having the best accountants in the NRL.

Wehave two top liners in Watmough and Lyon. Then Kite, Stewart x2, Matai, King, Foran, Wolfman and Ballin all commanding the price of current origin and tests players.

Then throw in the likes of Tony Williams, Robbo, Rodney,  Gulavao, Hopoate, Rose etc etc.

Let be fair and reasonable.
[/quote]

Some good points Bob though the big dif is our off season buys are reserves from other clubs or players not rated - apart from star class purchases, the Bullpups backup players purchased are actually 1st graders from other clubs & we certainly dont seem to be negotiating with pommy internationals.....yes our top 4-5 players would be on similar money but the rest of their squad looks very sus.

Matt K link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=187338.msg331021#msg331021 date=1302052652]
[quote author=Matt K link=topic=187338.msg331018#msg331018 date=1302051746]
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=187338.msg331016#msg331016 date=1302050110]
Recent years have seen Kimmorley, Patten and Hannant go.

They have non of the games top money earners.
Kimmorley & Patten would be on not much more than Pritchard, Eastwood, Ennis, Morris, Stagg, Tolman, Roberts or Hodgkinson individually - add your bobcat Ryan & even backups Payne, Halatau, Paea & Millington on more than the average reserve. Then Idris -who they still lay claim too & start talking to the most costly pom in England. Back end contracts & Hannants still dont add up for me.....
[/quote]

Thats fair enough logic in some ways, but you must concede that many fans from other teams go on about Manly having the best accountants in the NRL.

Wehave two top liners in Watmough and Lyon. Then Kite, Stewart x2, Matai, King, Foran, Wolfman and Ballin all commanding the price of current origin and tests players.

Then throw in the likes of Tony Williams, Robbo, Rodney,  Gulavao, Hopoate, Rose etc etc.

Let be fair and reasonable.
[/quote]

Some good points Bob though the big dif is our off season buys are reserves from other clubs or players not rated - apart from star class purchases, the Bullpups backup players purchased are actually 1st graders from other clubs & we certainly dont seem to be negotiating with pommy internationals.....yes our top 4-5 players would be on similar money but the rest of their squad looks very sus.
[/quote]

Maybe part of the dogs recruitment is also in part due to they aren't confident of retaining Idris.

The simplest way to see how sus the bulldog's books are is grab a Big League and run your eye down their NSW Cup roster.

Bradza link said:
The simplest way to see how sus the bulldog's books are is grab a Big League and run your eye down their NSW Cup roster.

Bingo Bradza - not exactly a roster of red light specials out Belmore way - ANYONE who checks out the entire Bulldogs squad will be unpleasantly suprised..... 

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
Wait until Brisbane opens it's cheque book for next year. 

At this stage Locky to retirement(I'll believe that) $250k and Kemp for whatever he signed on for (to the Rebels)

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=CLIT COMMANDER link=topic=187338.msg331131#msg331131 date=1302076867]

At this stage Locky to retirement(I'll believe that) $250k and Kemp for whatever he signed on for (to the Rebels)
[/quote]

At the risk of sounding like TC, no way that Lockyer is really on 250k. Queenslanders are masters of lying, stealing & cheating & the Broncos are among the best of the bunch.

They'll bring in someone quality to fill the void created by Lockyer's departure for sure. From what I've seen, Brisbane's young halves aren't  much chop so they will need a good 5/8th  (could be/probably wrong on that but argument still stands).

To be honest I would be worried about the Titans.
Nathan (no) Friend looks set to go to the Warriors next season.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1302079065[/time]

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=187338.msg331132#msg331132 date=1302077218]
[quote author=CLIT COMMANDER link=topic=187338.msg331131#msg331131 date=1302076867]

[/quote]

At the risk of sounding like TC, no way that Lockyer is really on 250k. Queenslanders are masters of lying, stealing & cheating & the Broncos are among the best of the bunch.

They'll bring in someone quality to fill the void created by Lockyer's departure for sure. From what I've seen, Brisbane's young halves aren't  much chop so they will need a good 5/8th  (could be/probably wrong on that but argument still stands).
[/quote]

Rumours up here Boyd's set to be coming to Brisbane next season (that'll be certainty if Wayne Bennett goes back to Brisbane)

Ant80 link said:
To be honest I would be worried about the Titans.
Nathan (no) Friend looks set to go to the Warriors next season.

Post automatically merged: [time]07-04-2011, 08:37:45[/time]

[quote author=Wolfpack link=topic=187338.msg331137#msg331137 date=1302078023]
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=187338.msg331132#msg331132 date=1302077218]

[/quote]

They'll bring in someone quality to fill the void created by Lockyer's departure for sure. From what I've seen, Brisbane's young halves aren't much chop so they will need a good 5/8th (could be/probably wrong on that but argument still stands).
[/quote]

Rumours up here Boyd's set to be coming to Brisbane next season (that'll be certainty if Wayne Bennett goes back to Brisbane)
[/quote]

That would certainly be interesting if it happen. Surprised that the Titans would let Friend go, they seem quite high on him.

Can definitely see Boyd going to Brissie. It'd be a bit of a shock if he (& Bennett) went anywhere else.

Brisbane have Inglis money on offer as well as whatever Locky is pulling down. 

They will have megabucks for next year. 

Ive been wondering about that with the Bulldogs for a few seasons, they sure have signed alot of players!

2009 signings
* Josh Morris (Dragons)
* Brett Kimmorley (Sharks)
* Ben Hannant (Broncos)
* Michael Ennis (Broncos)
* Michael Hodgson (Titans)
* Bryson Goodwin (Sharks)
* Yileen Gordon (Rabbitohs)
* Benson Toupou (Tigers)
* Nick Taylor (West Magpies)
* Chris Ward (Panthers)
* Ben Shea (Tigers)
* Solomon Foster (Knights)
* Steve Azzi (Roosters)
* Joey Matapuka (Souths)
* David Stagg (Broncos)

2010 signings
* Aiden Tolman (Melbourne Storm)
* Greg Eastwood (Leeds Rhinos, ESL)
* Trent Hodkinson (Manly Sea Eagles)
* Kris Keating (Parramatta Eels)
* Frank Pritchard (Penrith Panthers)
* Grant Millington (Cronulla Sharks)
* Jonathan Wright (Parramatta Eels)
* Michael Lett (St George Illawarra Dragons)

And everyone still complains about us trying to buy comps back in the 70s :)

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=manlyborn link=topic=187338.msg331048#msg331048 date=1302056850]
It was reported that the dogs paid Hodkinson 270k per season, I remember Des saying it was a good offer and wished him well.
He's probably on a mid range contract for an NRL half.

It's turning out that DCE might be a very astute purchase.

I heard 220k and we could only or were prepared to offer 120k.

I doubt DCE will last his full contract.  If he kicks on as we hope he does he'll be upgraded well and truly before it finishes.
[/quote]

That is severly the dumbest quote ever

DCE wont last lol!

Shane link said:
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=187338.msg331051#msg331051 date=1302057092]
It was reported that the dogs paid Hodkinson 270k per season, I remember Des saying it was a good offer and wished him well.

I doubt DCE will last his full contract.  If he kicks on as we hope he does he'll be upgraded well and truly before it finishes.
[/quote]

DCE wont last lol!
[/quote]

I think this is the dumbest comprehension ever.

I doubt he will last his full contract means he won't be around for the next 3 years on next to no money, as I said, if he performs like we hope he will be upgraded well and truly before its completed.

Apology accepted.

He's contracted for 3 years,he will be on jack **** money until then
after which he will perhaps be on about $550k

Shane link said:
He's contracted for 3 years,he will be on jack s**t money until then
after which he will perhaps be on about $550k

They can restructure his contract mate.

If his value rises to a level that most on this site thinks it will then the club will have no option but to upgrade his contract.

Shane link said:
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=187338.msg331051#msg331051 date=1302057092]

[/quote]

DCE wont last lol!
[/quote]

It wasn't a quote, Shane. He was expressing his own beliefs, sometimes grammatically known as a statement.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6