Bulls’ Burgess in Parra’s sights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/bulls8217-burgess-in-parra8217s-sights/2009/08/01/1248977235992.html

Bulls’ Burgess in Parra’s sights

PARRAMATTA’S audacious spending spree might not be over, with club officials setting their sights on Super League sensation Sam Burgess.

The Eels have already bolstered their roster for next season by signing Timana Tahu, Justin Poore and Shane Shackleton. However, Bradford back-rower Burgess – rated by Bradford Bulls’ teammate Steve Menzies as potentially the best forward in the world – is their latest target.

Burgess, contracted to Bradford until the end of 2010, aspires to test himself in the NRL. His manager, Chris Caisley, revealed the Bulls would consider releasing him next season if a player swap could be arranged.

‘‘He’s definitely a player of interest for us,’’ confirmed Eels chief executive Paul Osborne. ‘‘He’s someone we’re looking at but we’re pretty tight with the [salary] cap.’’

According to Mark from Brisbane it's almost a done deal that Burgess will be at Manly.

swoop link said:
According to Mark from Brisbane it's almost a done deal that Burgess will be at Manly.

Are we doing a swap with Kite?  Cannot see us buying him unless we offload someone.  Maybe princess?

swoop link said:

Hopefully so but anything could happen between now and if he puts pen to paper with us. Verbal agreements mean nothing in Rugby League these days (and I'm not saying that he has made a verbal agreement either so don't jump on me for mentioning one).

Jethro link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181232.msg234540#msg234540 date=1249180200]

Hopefully so but anything could happen between now and if he puts pen to paper with us. Verbal agreements mean nothing in Rugby League these days (and I'm not saying that he has made a verbal agreement either so don't jump on me for mentioning one).
[/quote]

True verbal agreements mean JS these days wasn't it Luke Lewis who made a verbal agreement to join Souths in 2009 ?

My guess is that Eels are not in the market for him but want to make sure Manly spends as much as possible if we want him.

My insider at Bradford (works for the Bulls so this isn't heresay) tells me she thinks the deal has alreday been done, just waiting for some sign off's etc.

May well be a part of the Hall/Lestrange exchange.

I guess nothing is "official" until it's been announced but she reckons he's been unhappy there and as a result hasn't been playing to his potential.

Take from that what you wish!!

In fact I think he loves playing with the Beaver and Steve has been in his ear saying "move to the NRL, be coached by Des Hasler and it will be the best move you could make"

She (my Bradford Miss) suggested that the deal might just be for 2 years, sort of like a "chance to get some experience in the best comp in the world and then back home to Pommie land"

Who knows....she said he's a very good player but just isn't happy with the coach and the management team.

He is young and imagine what it would be like to be part of a Prop rotation with Kite, Perry, Rose and King (if he is good enough to stay in the mix?)

How much would he learn from playing with a great backrow and being in a top team in the toughest comp in the world?

Imagine also being a Pom, coming from dark, wet, misty Northern England and going to live near Parramatta!!!  Go the the Northern Beaches son!!!!!

All is fixed. I have been down to the Post Office and picked up the official verbal agreement form. A done deal for sure now.

Jatz Crackers link said:
All is fixed. I have been down to the Post Office and picked up the official verbal agreement form. A done deal for sure now.

Wow post office on a Sunday - your hard pressed finding anyone working in one here during business hours monday - friday.

Canteen Worker link said:
Imagine also being a Pom, coming from dark, wet, misty Northern England and going to live near Parramatta!!!  Go the the Northern Beaches son!!!!!

CW you forgot to mention Gods country

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=181232.msg234553#msg234553 date=1249184860]That goes without saying!!! It is no coincidence that many touring sporting teams stay at the Manly Pacific!!!

CW you forgot to mention Gods country
[/quote]

Canteen Worker link said:

Parramatta is a lot like the Uk these days.  Full or indians and middle eastern people.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=181232.msg234553#msg234553 date=1249184860]

Parramatta is a lot like the Uk these days.  Full or indians and middle eastern people.
[/quote]
Galuvao shouldn't have too much trouble getting a cab then :p

Now it is not just the Slime.

"Still on show business and we can assure you that Russell Crowe DID have dinner with England prop Sam Burgess and his manager Chris Caisley this week - as reported in the Australian today - installing South Sydney as favourite over Manly to sign Sam as soon as next year.

Souths seem determined to spread Craig Wing's money as widely as possible - I'm hearing the names of other representative props who could be heading their way. "

Source Steve Mascord rleague.com

C'mon Beaver, do your stuff and get him to the Eagles.

ManlyBacker link said:
Now it is not just the Slime.

\"Still on show business and we can assure you that Russell Crowe DID have dinner with England prop Sam Burgess and his manager Chris Caisley this week - as reported in the Australian today - installing South Sydney as favourite over Manly to sign Sam as soon as next year.

Souths seem determined to spread Craig Wing's money as widely as possible - I'm hearing the names of other representative props who could be heading their way. \"

Source Steve Mascord rleague.com

C'mon Beaver, do your stuff and get him to the Eagles.

How could sloths afford him. They have Assotassi and just recuited Big Dave Taylor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6