Bunnies will make semis: Asotasi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
SOUTH Sydney's $2 million man Roy Asotasi has declared the Rabbitohs will shed a decade of mediocrity by making the semi-finals for the first time since 1989.

And the man touted as the successor to Shane Webcke as the code's top prop yesterday revealed he was willing to play 80 minutes a match to help get them there.

Having joined his teammates in training just over a week ago, Asotasi delivered the message long-suffering Souths fans have been waiting almost two decades to hear.

"We'll make the eight and go into every game thinking we can win," he said.

Asotasi and fellow New Zealand stars David Kidwell and Nigel Vagana trained with the Rabbitohs for the first time at Erskineville Oval yesterday after spending last week at a team camp on co-owner Russell Crowe's Coffs Harbour farm.

The former Bulldog said the trio had come with a winning attitude.

"We are going to accept nothing less than a top-eight berth," he said.

"The Bulldogs taught me to win and accept nothing else. I have brought that attitude over here with me and so have the other guys. We have to go into every game thinking we can win.

"We have to concentrate on the first half of the year and we need to be competitive right from round one. It will be one game at a time."

The 2006 Dally M prop of the year said the Rabbitohs' camp was abuzz with excitement.

"It's a new South Sydney side," he said. "The boys are enthusiastic and there is a lot of competition within the camp. There's a depth within the squad they haven't had before and everyone is excited about this year.

"The blokes from last year are talking about 'the new club'. And for me everything is new - new training, new weights and new teammates."

After establishing himself as one of the premier props last year, Asotasi said he could still improve.

"I will be doing my best and that tag (best prop in the game) would just be a bonus," he said.

"I will be looking to work on my skills with 'JT' (new coach Jason Taylor) and hopefully I will improve.

"I have to get my fitness up and I hope to play a lot of game time. I never have played 80 minutes but I want to get fitter and give it a go this year. Every player wants as much game time as they can get."

Fellow recruit Kidwell is also confident of Souths' chances in 2007.

"Guys will be competing for their spots this year," said the former Storm back rower.

"There will be pressure on my spot. I have to perform like everyone else.

"Everyone is training hard and we are aiming to be very competitive this year. We are looking forward to some good games but have to be focused on what we are doing now, not looking ahead of ourselves."

Way too early for this stuff....obviously. They would have a better chance if they didnt say anything at all and quietly went on about preparing to do business.

I hope he breaks his leg in the first trial game- the rest of their recruits are just old or fringe players who looked good at their old club because of the players around them.
Vagana- did anyone watch him at the Sharks last year- did nothing.
Kidwell- how many clubs has he played with and look at the players he had around him in Melbourne.
.....harsh yes.....but so is letting the useless fcukers back in the competition and leaving all the other clubs that met the criteria better than Souths to disappear or merge.
I will only ever wish the very worst for this team and hope they come last .....AGAIN

now now PJ if we were to seriously take this attitude the comp would only involve manly and norths as we can always kick their arse and everyone deserves to be booted

Way too early for this stuff....obviously. They would have a better chance if they didnt say anything at all and quietly went on about preparing to do business.

............................................................... :roll:

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]

............................................................... :roll:
[/quote]

Thanks. i know just where to use that emoticon

they can talk all they want off the field the bottom line is the only way anyone will take them seriously is if they can deliver when it counts, if they dont get off with a few wins that old souths culture will rear its ugly head and they will find it very difficult to progress through to the semi's.

I am sick of Ryan putting **** on all of Jatz posts.. i dunno how it all started or what the hell happened and i don't really give a fark but it's getting very tideous rhino.... Jatz makes a reply to the thread.. ryan makes a reply to Jatz reply.. get over it champ

I am sick of Ryan putting **** on all of Jatz posts.. i dunno how it all started or what the hell happened and i don't really give a fark but it's getting very tideous rhino.... Jatz makes a reply to the thread.. ryan makes a reply to Jatz reply.. get over it champ

Dont worry Nutz. I think Ryan is working up to declaring war (or a least a police action) on me. If nothing else it might be entertaining :p

I AM over it Nutzcraw. I'm re-active, not proactive with derogatory comments like your little mate. :wall:

[quote author=Nutzcraw]

Dont worry Nutz. I think Ryan is working up to declaring war (or a least a police action) on me. If nothing else it might be entertaining :p
[/quote]

Are you guys going to hug or what ;)
And no Jatz - lesson for you - you get what you give. :D

We could just make a ryan and jatz thread, that way you would be able to save time and go straight to it.

We could just make a ryan and jatz thread, that way you would be able to save time and go straight to it.

That's actually a great idea. A sticky for us to throw insults at each other (it always makes ME feel better I know), and people can steer clear of it if they choose. It will almost be like therapy for the bloke - and he needs it I tells ya ;) ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4