Buy Snowden

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
I would not renew contracts at the end of this year for:

Kite, Cross, Robertson, Mauro and Seu Seu.

I would use that money to sign Snowden. Whilst our pack has been pretty good this year, Snowden showed last night that he will be the best prop in the game soon. Mad not to make a bid for him.

Our most overpaid players are D Williams and dare I say it B Stewart, massive downgrades for this pair next time.

And yes we need a quality prop, I like Scott and Shillington more than Snowden but I would be happy with any of them.

Yes, Terrence has been ok this year. However, the 5 of them would free up top dollar needed to sign Snowden.

Scott and Shillington are under contract for the next 2-3 years, Snowden is a free agent for next year. He will be wasted at the Knights and would fit in to our style of play.

Yes, BE, Robinson looks like a good long term prospect. Still think that Snowden will be the no1 prop next year and would like to see play for Manly. I am sure we can shed players for him whilst retaining emerging talent.

Brad Meyers, the big red bearded bloke is off contract at the Gold Coast. Snowden will be too expensive, Meyers would be good value.

Get rid of Michael Robertson? You must be watching different games from me Silvertail. He is one of the most consistent, reliable and resilient footballers I have seen in many a year and I started watching the game in the late 60s/early 70s. This guy is almost Manly royalty. 3 tries in a GF (no other Manly player has done that and hardly anyone else has equalled or bettered that in a GF) and more than 130 straight first grade games and still counting.

I'd do a straight swap for James Graham from St Helens.

I still don't believe that Lowe has said we're not interested in him.

He's basically Aidan Tolman with an English accent

We definately need some new blood in frontrow. For me Kite,Cross,Mauro,Seu Seu, have 2 go. Thatl free up 700g. We would be able 2 pick up 2 quality frontrowers,and bring thru our young guns, robinson,harrison, ferris,lussick cunningham. Id also give smokin joe a contract extension immediately(if hes not signed).Problem is, who is available?

the mauler said:
We definately need some new blood in frontrow. For me Kite,Cross,Mauro,Seu Seu, have 2 go. Thatl free up 700g. We would be able 2 pick up 2 quality frontrowers,and bring thru our young guns, robinson,harrison, ferris,lussick cunningham. Id also give smokin joe a contract extension immediately(if hes not signed).Problem is, who is available?

Wouldn't it be better to free up a whole Kilo instead of just 700g?

Next week the forwards will lift and have a good game and then you guys will be back to bagging trex...WTF

Not sure why people are whining about Vic Mauro. His form has been good this year and probably due to finally being injury free and highly doubt the club is paying large coin for him. Keep him I say!

I agree that Mauro has been good. Not spectacular but very busy and effective, no frills. He is not a huge bloke and needed that extra year or two to fill out a bit, and he now has enough bulk to survive at NRL level. Bit like Gift maybe in that regard. As he gets more NRL experience he might become a solid starting prop getting through a lot of minutes.

i don't think snowden would be available.
if he doesn't stay at the sharks he will return to newcastle with a big bag of cash

We don't need Snowden. Like all Sharks, he's nothing special. Mauro has ability and potential, Robbo is excellent. Kite needs a rocket, not turfed, and the posters who are bagging players need to take a chill pill. We're travelling alright with the crew we have and we'll only improve. Keep the faith.

Weve got more chance of getting SBW than Snowden. Hel be at knights for sure.Someone on the forum suggested Russell Packer i rekon hed be perfect.
if we could also get James Graham wed have a front rotation good enough 2 win another premiership.Surely were due for a big signing or 2 next year.

We obviously need no backs.
I reckon we could go with the following:-

08. Jared Wearra-Hargreaves (23)
09. Matt Ballin (28)
10. Tim Robinson (23)
11. Anthony Watmough (28)
12. Jamie Buhrer (22)
13. Glenn Stewart (28)

14. Liam Higgins (21)
15. James Cunningham (21)
16. Tony Williams (23)
17. Daniel Harrison (23)

Dazza, I put the ages in there for you mate - gotta be happy with that :)
Galuvao will probably retire, won't he?
Jason King will be 32
Brent Kite needs big coin in the UK
Shane Rodney - a tough one, but just way too injured
George Rose is in the mix IF he improves

I'd love to have Snowden at Brooky, can't see it happening at all though. We could be in the market for a mid to high ranged purchase but Snowden's asking price will probably be beyond us.

I'm going on the assumption that Nood will retire & Kite will not be resigned. Not sure how much longer King is contracted for but I'd imagine that he's got a few years in him yet. Cross is done, he'll leave at the end of his contract.

Rose, Robinson & Mauro should be in the pack long term & we still have Cunningham developing in reserve grade. From the reserve grade match reports Ray Majouli has been carving it up as well, it remains to see if he will get a shot to show his wares.

T-Rex is another interesting one. He has tonnes of potential but if another team chucks a nice offer his way I have the feeling that Manly may struggle to keep him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6