$BW - Only on 1 year contract at Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

quickster

I would love to see him at the Eagles, not only for the fact of his playing ability but imagine how much it would upset the dogs fans,
I know they hate him for walking out on them (who wouldn't) but they still cant handle him playing in the NRL at all least of all for the roosters, Now lets give they a 1-2 punch in the face and sign him up for next year, we have an gaeing roster anyway surley we could offload a few to free up cap space to accomodate him.

He can make too much money playing rugby to be bothered with piddly salaries in the NRL. There was an interesting article in the SMH about him and Nasser and their plans

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/sonny-days-on-a-road-less-travelled-20130202-2ds06.html

$BW has one year contracts so he can play Japanese Rugby in the off season, no other reason.

I would not want him at Manly.

Oh yeah, that would suck so bad...

I'd be spewing if we signed one of the bestbackrowers to ever play the game....

He'd be on a one year contract,so that WHEN he goes off the rails,they only have to pay out one year!! Not at the Mighty Eagles,thank you very much!!

Napper said:
Oh yeah, that would suck so bad...

I'd be spewing if we signed one of the bestbackrowers to ever play the game....

He isn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of McCarthy, Menzies, Provan, Tallis etc, not even close to them on or off the park

Even if it's only imaginary I like to think the players have some affinity towards the club...SBW is just a gun for hire, I'd rather put the dollars into someone who wants to be with the club long term.

he is awesome, but we don't need him!
BUT i reckon if he ever did sign a one year contract with manly, he'd end up staying on longer as players seem to want to be/stay at our club because of our winning culture and the people in the club.

If he wanted to come here and bleed maroon i'd be super interested. But he won't so i'm not.

Shoe1 said:
Williams will struggle with fitness and defence this year. You watch.

Yes, I will watch. In fact a lot of people are going to watch. He does get injured a bit but when he takes the field he will be a massive drawcard for the Chooks.

A boxer struggle for fitness? Why do you think all sporting codes incorporate boxing as part of their training regimes.

From what I have seen of Provan and McCarthy on film and from what my old man tells me SBW would eat them(and he doesnt even like the bloke).His skills are a class above.On a par with Tallis and will probably be remembered as better as he has plenty of years left in him.

Leaving the bulldogs in the lurch is something we should rejoice in,everything else on here that hurts the dogs is met with glee.

There is so much structured,one side of the field backrower play these days I for one will be looking forward to a bloke who plays with flair-and from what they say about the coach he wont be putting any limits on him.Any one who says they arent looking forward to his return in a pure footballing sense are telling a few porkies.He is a machine.

susan said:
From what I have seen of Provan and McCarthy on film and from what my old man tells me SBW would eat them(and he doesnt even like the bloke).His skills are a class above.On a par with Tallis and will probably be remembered as better as he has plenty of years left in him.

Leaving the bulldogs in the lurch is something we should rejoice in,everything else on here that hurts the dogs is met with glee.

There is so much structured,one side of the field backrower play these days I for one will be looking forward to a bloke who plays with flair-and from what they say about the coach he wont be putting any limits on him.Any one who says they arent looking forward to his return in a pure footballing sense are telling a few porkies.He is a machine.

No porkies at all, not looking forward to his return in any way. All I am looking forward to with him is hopefully seeing him sat on his arse this Friday night in his fight

Skill doesn't make you an all time great imo, it takes time to earn that mantle, not a couple of seasons here and there

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7