cam smith is determined

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I see the storm are calling for cam smith to be captain coach if bellamy leaves. That should enable him a second contract , with probably 3 assistant coaches like ponissi, sharp and brown running the team and slater and cronk also on the coaching payroll

Thinly disguised cap rort. The coaching would be done by the assistants. If it goes ahead look for all teams to appoint a captain coach within minutes. We could have kieran as captain coach on 600k, tooves as assistant.

Cambo??

Barred (self imposed) from Silvertails and now coaching The Storm, who would of guessed?

It couldn't be used as a cap rort. While ever he remains a player all payments are made against the cap. Unless of course he accidentally signed 2 contracts.
If it was a way around the cap, you would provide dodgy 2nd jobs for all players. The same logic would apply to putting Jason king on the front desk and paying him the receptionist pay on top.
There are numerous rorts that could still exist. This isn't one of them.

Assistant to the assistants assistant.....should only have about 6 fulltime players....all the rest are part time coaches

The rort is that coaches don't count in the cap. If he is doing two jobs - and he is the only player I can currently think of who could do it - then I don't see a problem until they change the rules.

And if it gets Bellamy away from Storm, it's good for us. That bloke has been a thorn in our side, no matter how much we despise his dirty tactics and win-at-all-costs methods.

Easy just pay the coach a Motza well over market value and have him offload the surplus funds he does not need to his favourite 2-3 players by shouting drinks at Manly Leagues or a nice Christmas/Birthday present, or go into a bottleshop together and walk out with a brown paper bag nothing unusual at all lol.

If Smith's full salary didn't count to the cap, then teams would surely need to think like the Eels and the Storm?

Parents of premiership players presumably did an effective job guiding their kids from a young age.

Therefore many player's parents might potentially be on the paid coaching staff (a la the Parra John Hoppa contract). Many of those same players would surely accept less given the quality of the coaches.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4