Cam Smith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
:huh:

Any details or we just dig up our favourite grubby tactic from last year :p

His dopey face is enough to irritate me :cool:

Trying for a 4 year deal - one from Broncos and one from Storm. Will play for Broncos every Friday night and then back up for Storm on same weekend.

I've had a great day listening to Bronco's fan talk about how good 2015 will be with both Smith and DCE there. LOL!!

I tell them to concentrate on DCE. Why spend all that money on Smith to watch him slip into retirement in a few years?? DCE will be captain material for club and State for the next 10 years!

I tell them I think they're dreaming if they think they'll get either player. The only reason Smith would leave is if Bellamy leaves. Bellamy may have desires on Griffin's job in 2015.

I love putting psychological seeds into Bronco supporters. They're so gullible. Or am I serious?? ;)

I'm not so sure dce won't get a massive carrot dangled In front of Him by the broncos, nor will I be surprised if he goes.

How are you so confident he is staying mozgramme ? (or at least not going north)

DCE will go to the Boncos if he wants to just chase the dollars and not worry about his mates or playing future or winning titles or playing with a truely united team or playing for a passionate club, coach and supporters stocked full of tradition, history and pride.
DCE will go to the Boncos if he wants to play for a souless , selfish, empty shell of a club.
Can anyone see him going...???

I think it depends how much he may or may not be yearning to go back to Qld in the next couple of years. Perhaps in 2 years time when his contract expires he may be wanting to head back home to Qld. On the other hand, he may care less and wish to stay on the northern beaches at the better club with a team that will win more comps than the Broncos.

joeboy said:
I'm not so sure dce won't get a massive carrot dangled In front of Him by the broncos, nor will I be surprised if he goes.

How are you so confident he is staying mozgramme ? (or at least not going north)

Pure, unadulterated wishful thinking. Haha!

I have said in the past that a very good mate of mine that is the head coach of a Qld Cup side, and is involved pretty heavily with the Qld SOO side (therefore, has spoken with Daly directly on the matter) believes he would return to Qld, if the money was right.

I just don't think DCE is that kind of a bloke. Lets think about it for a second. When the Bronco's table a fair dinkum offer, and they probably already have, the deal would probably be along the lines of, a huge salary, the captains role, and the opportunity to work with management to build a team around him in the coming future. In the old days, they would have dragged out the old, "Playing for a Qld side will guarantee you a spot in the SOO side" too. (Those days are long gone now thanks to Melbourne.)

Now DCE will weigh up what they offer. It all sounds great, except for the fact that it is all based on ifs, buts and maybe's. All of what they can offer, he already has here, minus the pressure of turning around the fortune of a struggling and ageing side, singlehandedly or suffering the ire of their fans. Their club is struggling because since Griffin took over, nothing has changed in their style of play. They play the same footy, week in week out, that they've played for the last 5 or 6 years. They have stagnated under Griffin and until they shake things up....well, good luck to them.

DCE should know how good he has it here, and I'm sure he does. He is surrounded by high class quality rep players. He plays beside a world class 5/8. He will have the opportunity to give his input concerning our young guys that are coming to grade, and I feel certain he will one day captain this great club.

So, in my mind, it will all come down to the mighty dollar and I truly believe that Daly is far too grounded, surrounded by too many smart people with his best interest at heart and above all, too loyal to walk away for money. While playing here he has won a Dally M Rookie of the year award, a Grand Final, Played for Qld, played for Australia. He's done it all, and he's done it in 3 years!!! I don't think he'll leave.

Well...here's hoping anyway :D

mozgrame said:
joeboy said:

Pure, unadulterated wishful thinking. Haha!

I have said in the past that a very good mate of mine that is the head coach of a Qld Cup side, and is involved pretty heavily with the Qld SOO side (therefore, has spoken with Daly directly on the matter) believes he would return to Qld, if the money was right.

I just don't think DCE is that kind of a bloke. Lets think about it for a second. When the Bronco's table a fair dinkum offer, and they probably already have, the deal would probably be along the lines of, a huge salary, the captains role, and the opportunity to work with management to build a team around him in the coming future. In the old days, they would have dragged out the old, "Playing for a Qld side will guarantee you a spot in the SOO side" too. (Those days are long gone now thanks to Melbourne.)

Now DCE will weigh up what they offer. It all sounds great, except for the fact that it is all based on ifs, buts and maybe's. All of what they can offer, he already has here, minus the pressure of turning around the fortune of a struggling and ageing side, singlehandedly or suffering the ire of their fans. Their club is struggling because since Griffin took over, nothing has changed in their style of play. They play the same footy, week in week out, that they've played for the last 5 or 6 years. They have stagnated under Griffin and until they shake things up....well, good luck to them.

DCE should know how good he has it here, and I'm sure he does. He is surrounded by high class quality rep players. He plays beside a world class 5/8. He will have the opportunity to give his input concerning our young guys that are coming to grade, and I feel certain he will one day captain this great club.

So, in my mind, it will all come down to the mighty dollar and I truly believe that Daly is far too grounded, surrounded by too many smart people with his best interest at heart and above all, too loyal to walk away for money. While playing here he has won a Dally M Rookie of the year award, a Grand Final, Played for Qld, played for Australia. He's done it all, and he's done it in 3 years!!! I don't think he'll leave.

Well...here's hoping anyway :D

My feeling is he will at some time, he is underpaid here at Manly, and even though I would love him to stay, being realistic, its a Business and he has to think of his Future and Bonuses etc,his family are there as well. Some people have told me that Smith has already signed with the Broncos, if that is true that could be interesting. I don't think Griffin will see out this season, if the Broncos aren't travelling well.

mozgrame said:
I've had a great day listening to Bronco's fan talk about how good 2015 will be with both Smith and DCE there. LOL!!

I tell them to concentrate on DCE. Why spend all that money on Smith to watch him slip into retirement in a few years?? DCE will be captain material for club and State for the next 10 years!

I tell them I think they're dreaming if they think they'll get either player. The only reason Smith would leave is if Bellamy leaves. Bellamy may have desires on Griffin's job in 2015.

I love putting psychological seeds into Bronco supporters. They're so gullible. Or am I serious?? ;)

Think ur onto something here Mozzie , Belamy has been a former assistant coach up here hmmm

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6