Cam Smith's Grubby Tactics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
http://dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/queensland-captain-cameron-smith-reveals-his-darker-side-during-origin-iii/story-e6frexnr-1226418318788

He's been the dirtiest player in the game for 6 years and they bring it up now???

RE: Cam Smith

We all know it as fact....but the refs are scared of him and Melbourne....Hes a grub.

Did u here Tk and Slatts stick up for him today...sickening

About time this got some press even if it's only in the DT which is a grub of the newspaper itself!! They must suit each other then !!

They've just worked out what non-Queensland/non-Phonehacking Ltd Squall supporters have known for years.

Next year Dean might cotton on to the fact that Cameron Smith signed two contracts with the Light and Variables during their 'rorting years'.

Take it away David Bowie:

'Rorting years, rort whop whop whop
Rorting years, rort whop whop whop
Rorting years, rort whop whop whop'

RE: Cam Smith

Frogz said:
We all know it as fact....but the refs are scared of him and Melbourne....Hes a grub.

Did u here Tk and Slatts stick up for him today...sickening

They did this because he's a regular on their show...

I know that DY....but they really were in a love fest with him....Wouldnt hear anything about his actual grubby tactics

Hmm this will be interesting to watch over the next few weeks how many penalties Smith gets done for now that its got a media spotlight on it.

Think back in the mid 90's we had a handy kicking defence until media got on it.

He has always been a grub and will always be a grub but for some reason the press love him

OK. He is a dirty player, but no doubt he cops as much punishment as he dishes out. If not, why not?
My amazement is how does Smith - not a big, strong guy compared to those he plays against - NEVER gets hurt? He never seems to even go down with temporary pain. This is not normal. Even the mighty Beaver suffered occasional injuries.
Can someone seriously explain why?

Just remember back to the grand final when he was sidelined (for grub tactics) & his head popped up on screen and the whole crowd booed. Classic stuff.

The Who said:
OK. He is a dirty player, but no doubt he cops as much punishment as he dishes out. If not, why not?
My amazement is how does Smith - not a big, strong guy compared to those he plays against - NEVER gets hurt? He never seems to even go down with temporary pain. This is not normal. Even the mighty Beaver suffered occasional injuries.
Can someone seriously explain why?

A few reasons come to mind -
*Very fit with more discipline than most in recovery & hard training yards.
*Smart player using his big fowards for strong arm tactics & usually is 2nd or 3rd man into tackles.
*Is genuinely tough - have seen him absolutely smashed by Matai & others & shake it off within a minute.
*Is also 1 of the most competitive players in the NRL & the type who will not show opposition when he is hurt.

Also a smug grub & after watching SOO3 his victory speech & attitude was way different to the humble , genuine Cronk.

Smith is the biggest grub in the game, a short half head in front of his teammate Billy Slater. What i just don't understand is how their both media darlings, despite their grubby antics on the field. I just love it when Matai lines them up and smashes em.

I think others could be called under the grub category as well.

I remember Hicks (I think) getting knocked out by Slater at Brookvale a few years ago right in front of the linesman. But nothing happened of course as it was Melbourne.

So I don't think Cam is the only grub in the game 2 day.

The wankers on NRL on Fox reckon he's an "Immortal in waiting".

As far as I am concerned he's a damn good player BUT still a dirty grub.

If they didn't have drug testing I'd suggest he was on hgh, but surely the Nrl would not let him get away with it. Just like lance Armstrong?!?

Look at it this way... If TRex can get away with a brutal, pre-meditated attempted knee capping of Cronk, that was averted ONLY by a quick thinking Cronk diving head first at his arm.....

Why are you puzzled that Queensland's and the Super League's golden boy gets away with so much??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6