Can Ian $chubert Count

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
I will not beleive, that after Sonny Bill, that they could go anywhere near fitting Jennings in under their cap

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/penrith-set-to-lose-star-michael-jennings-to-sydney-roosters-thanks-to-feud-with-phil-gould/story-fn2mcuj6-1226548278910

Incompetance and favouritism is mandatory to work for the NRL and independant commsion.

As the story in today's paper stated there is a club busily deleting information from the clubs hard drives prior to the forensic audit by the NRL.

No doubt every club is doing the same. Funny how we were the first to be audited and therefore didn't have the prior warning that all the iother clubs now have.

Perception is everything.

Do any NRL fans have confidence in the equitable administration of the salary cap?

I personally don't know the terms of Williams's contract, nor Jennings's, and maybe everything will fit neatly under the cap. However continuous speculation over cap breaches is in no-one's interests. The allegation of a club deleting information was laughably predictable.

tookey said:

As the story in today's paper stated there is a club busily deleting information from the clubs hard drives prior to the forensic audit by the NRL.

No doubt every club is doing the same. Funny how we were the first to be audited and therefore didn't have the prior warning that all the iother clubs now have.

I'm glad that Manly were audited first, the conspiracy theorists have nothing to throw at us.

The simpleton's that are 'deleting' files are forgetting the fact that the actual payments will be traceable - even if they materialise as boats in garages.:exclamation: The ATO's asset matching software is up and collating data as they are deleting :p

As the NRL have shown that the people who draw up the agreements at Clubs and the Players are not actually punished, the erased files are moot. Club's however, will lose premiership points and will have no documents to argue their case.:p

Frogz said:
I will not beleive, that after Sonny Bill, that they could go anywhere near fitting Jennings in under their cap

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/penrith-set-to-lose-star-michael-jennings-to-sydney-roosters-thanks-to-feud-with-phil-gould/story-fn2mcuj6-1226548278910

It will depend on what Penrith want to wear financially in the deal. Are they prepared to write-off $300-350k for the season and put the savings into a far cheaper talent they have faith in?

This in the Sunday Mail......SYDNEY Roosters chairman Nick Politis has come out swinging in defence of his superstar signing Sonny Bill Williams, outlining his desire to keep the dual international at Bondi Junction beyond this season.

Since officially announcing his return to rugby league after completing a five-year ban last November, the Roosters $550,000 man has continued to polarise public opinion.

Fed-up with the barrage of negativity directed at SBW, Politis predicted the All Blacks superstar's return would prove a masterstroke not only for the Roosters but for every other NRL club's bottom line.

"You tell me what other athlete in the history of the NRL has had to pay a $750,000 release fee, serve a five-year suspension and then get treated like a criminal because they want to come back and play rugby league" Politis said of the man who has 200,000 Twitter followers.

"It's completely unfair. Look at all the other rugby league players that have gone to rugby union and then come back. They didn't cop the grief Sonny has had to put up with.

"Mark Gasnier, Wendell Sailor, Lote Tuqiri and Mat Rogers were all welcomed back with open arms. With Sonny Bill, it's like a case of tall poppy syndrome.

"We shouldn't be treating him like a criminal because he wants to return to our game, we should be celebrating having such an elite athlete back."

Perhaps the biggest criticism the Roosters have endured is the length of Williams' eight-month contract and the fact he will be allowed to box on the side.

But Politis, who has been the chairman at Bondi Junction for 25 years, told The Sunday Telegraph the Roosters had designs to keep Williams at the club longer than one season.

"Who knows what might happen after eight months? I'm just happy we've got him at the Roosters for the upcoming season," Politis said. "People want to try and question his character, in all my dealings with Sonny I've found him to be of outstanding character. What's wrong with a talented, elite athlete trying to make as much money as possible while they're at the top of their game.

"Don't forget, NRL clubs tap players on the shoulder all the time and use the excuse of salary cap or need of a change or whatever.

"And it's fine when the clubs want to move someone on.

"At the Roosters, we believe Sonny is going to be a wonderful influence on our club and a role model for younger players to look up to."....Politis sounds like he's starting to believe his own spin

tookey said:
Incompetance and favouritism is mandatory to work for the NRL and independant commsion.

From http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/gallery/rabbit-proofing-life-after-rusty/story-e6freye9-1226548199326 :

SHOOSHI - WHICH NRL club is rumoured to have been frantically erasing information from computer harddrives
and laptops after learning the NRL is about to begin forensically auditing every club in a bid to catch out salary cap cheats?

Lets face it - every supporter thinks their own team is clean and every other team is cheating

With the way deals are structured (back ending, 3rd party contracts) it is next to impossible to put a value on a team on the park

Even go back to the days when we signed Kite and BK. From memory we had not spent the cap the year they joined so were able to do some creative accounting to pay some from the previous year to them

Also it is in the tele...

Jethro said:
tookey said:

From http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/gallery/rabbit-proofing-life-after-rusty/story-e6freye9-1226548199326 :

SHOOSHI - WHICH NRL club is rumoured to have been frantically erasing information from computer harddrives
and laptops after learning the NRL is about to begin forensically auditing every club in a bid to catch out salary cap cheats?
,I heard the same thing the year the storm got done,wont say which team it was,but to me it smells pretty foul this happening again

I hate that garbage that gets trotted out about Wendell, Gasnier etc being welcomed back and this other wanker should be welcomed back too.

None of the others walked out on their word like Scummy did so the cases aren't comparable

Kiwi Eagle said:
I hate that garbage that gets trotted out about Wendell, Gasnier etc being welcomed back and this other wanker should be welcomed back too.

None of the others walked out on their word like Scummy did so the cases aren't comparable

Didn't Jamie Lyon walk out on a club mid contract?

with all the trendy douche bags, The eastern suburbs is a seperate country. their exchange rate is 0.5 times the Aussie dollar.

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Straight into the financially lucrative Wee Waa marquee player money earner. It would appear that the actions of SBW were somewhat more about money, than Jamie's initial reasons. Mind you, Lyon has since apologised to the Eels fans for his actions.

Lyon leaving eels was a very mature and admirable act. The others were all about the cash.

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Told the club, and wasn't leaving to chase money and had a pretty good reason to want a break from the game

Didn't hop on a plane in the middle of the night and leave his mates stranded

The Roosters have chopped some players of late. They've got rid of Masoe, Perrett/s, Anasta, Mitchell, BJ Leulia. Myles left a season ago and he was never replaced with a big name and he would have been on decent coin.

Not defending them, but their line up is hardly star studded so I could see why they may have some cash laying around. Their pack are all young guys and outside of Mitchell Pearce, Mini, and SKD they don't have any big name backs. Maloney comes into the side but I could see how they may have room for $BW and Jennings.

Look at our line up and compare the relative worth between our best 17 and theirs.

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

If his reasons for doing so are what I've been told they are, then he had every right to walk IMO.

Jamie and Williams are polar opposites as far as character goes. Jamie is an unpretentious bloke who lets his actions on the field do the talking, a team player. Williams is self-absorbed, unreliable and his loyalty is to his bank account. Chalk and cheese really....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6