Can Ian $chubert Count

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I hate that garbage that gets trotted out about Wendell, Gasnier etc being welcomed back and this other wanker should be welcomed back too.

None of the others walked out on their word like Scummy did so the cases aren't comparable

Didn't Jamie Lyon walk out on a club mid contract?

Told the club, and wasn't leaving to chase money and had a pretty good reason to want a break from the game

Didn't hop on a plane in the middle of the night and leave his mates stranded

No he did not hop on plane but if you think he did not leave his team mates stranded like SBW you are kidding. He left in the middle of the season, just like SBW. For the record I have no issue with Lyon doing this, he had his reasons but I do find it funny how SBW cops it from us when one of our own did a similar thing. At the end of the day they both did the same thing, left mid season.

Garts said:
No he did not hop on plane but if you think he did not leave his team mates stranded like SBW you are kidding. He left in the middle of the season, just like SBW. For the record I have no issue with Lyon doing this, he had his reasons but I do find it funny how SBW cops it from us when one of our own did a similar thing. At the end of the day they both did the same thing, left mid season.

I'm sorry Garts I can't agree that there is really any comparison. You can't just say they did the same thing without considering why each of them did it. It is like saying somebody who shot someone in self defence did the same thing as somebody who shot comeone in cold blood.

Pinch o salt it is from the tele but take a read of the below

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/lyon-sorry-for-eels-walk-out/story-e6frexri-1111113490225

I guess the difference is the perceived regret compared to williams

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I hate that garbage that gets trotted out about Wendell, Gasnier etc being welcomed back and this other wanker should be welcomed back too.

None of the others walked out on their word like Scummy did so the cases aren't comparable

Told the club, and wasn't leaving to chase money and had a pretty good reason to want a break from the game

to me the difference is,you can see money bill is out for just that, money,making a mockery of the game only signing for one year,you can see this clown thinks he is bigger than everybody,way different to Jamie in my eye,s

Scrub that he did apologise years ago

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bulldogs-will-have-to-wait-to-bait-sonny-bill-20120712-21yxz.html

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Lyon left just before the start of the season.

*edit* Just checked and it was 2 days after round 1. Not quite before the season started but certainly not mid-season.

bones said:
Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

If his reasons for doing so are what I've been told they are, then he had every right to walk IMO.

Care to share Bones?

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Scummy left mid year when the Dogs were battling with injury and running last. Jamie left extremely early in the season, he went to the CEO and coach and asked for a release due to personal reasons, Scummy went to nobody and just walked out, 1 month after being given a heavily upgraded deal that he demanded from the club

I can't see them as the same mate

I agree they are not the same regarding the reasons for leaving but the end result is the same which ever way you look at it. So I can understand why Parra fans were pissed at Lyon. He left after signing a new contract, Parra in turn could not keep Tonga and lost him only to then loose Lyon.

Frank said:
bones said:
If his reasons for doing so are what I've been told they are, then he had every right to walk IMO.

Care to share Bones?

Apparently Brian Smith wouldn't recognise pig sticking as a valid off season training regime.

Chip and Chase said:
Frank said:
bones said:

Care to share Bones?

Apparently Brian Smith wouldn't recognise pig sticking as a valid off season training regime.

I don't think I want to know what pig sticking is.

Garts said:
I agree they are not the same regarding the reasons for leaving but the end result is the same which ever way you look at it. So I can understand why Parra fans were pissed at Lyon. He left after signing a new contract, Parra in turn could not keep Tonga and lost him only to then loose Lyon.

Lol I don't think either of us are budging on this one mate

Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:

Lol I don't think either of us are budging on this one mate

haha, I think so. For the record I have nothing against Lyon at all, absolute champion. I don't really care much for Williams but am happy he is back as he is a good player and will generate interest.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2