Can Manly blot out danger men??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
A really pleasing aspect in the Seaeagles recent games is the ability to basically cancel out the danger men.
Bowen & Thurston were closed down well, even after some bulldozing runs from Scott had paved the way. Really handled these 2 better than any other side all year.
Against the Dogs Barba scored a try as a support player, but did not look likely to make a break & was forced to pass after being ragdolled a few times. Again contained better than any other side.
Here comes the real test with Smith, Slater & Cronk. If the Seaeagles can do a job on their main man Smith, it could well be the road to the 2012 GF.

Stop Smith's forward passes from dummy half and you are halfway there.

Cronk always looks for Slater.
So do what Killer did with Thrurston - looked where Bowen was:idea:

I believe that we have bigger more aggressive forwards and the same for our centers.
The Boys just have to really catch the corner kicks that will be comming their way should the Scum be allowed within our 20 m.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Slater is only 65% as well, no where near as effective as he has been!!
Slater wont be 65% fit when Matai smashes him . Our aggression is second to none . The Storm danger men will be in danger !!!

We need to clean up our ruck defence and shut down Smith's running as much as possible if we are any chance this Friday.

Smith is by far and away their most important player. If you can stop his influence at the ruck than your a fair way to beating the Storm. We need to dominate the tackle and have our marker defence must be disciplined.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
MWSE said:
We need to clean up our ruck defence and shut down Smith's running as much as possible if we are any chance this Friday.

That's where we will struggle as we can be sloppy at marker. Smith dominated us around the ruck last time and I doubt we can shut him down effectively. It will be enough for the Storm to win this I'm afraid.

Anyone else remember the 08 game at Brookie where sMyth wandered out of dummy half, and Matai flew in from the blindside and smoked him ?

Another of those will do, 1 of my fave ever moments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL6b96jaazU&feature=youtu.be

27 sec - thanks for the memories and look forward to a repeat Friday :p

MK Eagle said:
Against the Dogs Barba scored a try as a support player, but did not look likely to make a break & was forced to pass after being ragdolled a few times. Again contained better than any other side.

We contained him well at Brookie too and he still scored two - albeit a gift from Whare and a grubber off the posts.
In the semi I think it was a plan for Barba to be a support player to save him from heavy contact and keep him fresher for later. I reckon he was probably tackled no more than 6 times in the game and two of those were early on when we made a bee line for him, don't think he even ran to the line and took the tackle, so little chance of him being roughed up.
Slater is tougher and takes more hitups and takes the line on more like Snake does, and they're both great hole runners and support players too.

Smith, Cronk and Whiddop are the keys and Billy just plays off that.
Fingers crossed we bring our A+ game.

F$@k i love watchin that you tube clips of matai..... welcome back big fella, hook into them friday. Take no prisioners.

c eagle said:
F$@k i love watchin that you tube clips of matai..... welcome back big fella, hook into them friday. Take no prisioners.

Smash 'em hard Stevie but chest and below. No reports. We need you for the GF.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4