Can Manly make the top 4

• Thread starter Deleted member 24974
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ah. No. But love the positive attude. Teams like the Sharks and the dogs have relative easy draws.

Also it must be said. Would u want to. We'd probably play the Cowboys in Townsville. If we manage to finish even 6 we get a home game.

The top 4 as it stands now is already decided. The Rabbitohs can turn on a good performance just as well as the 3 sides above them and I reckon they'll win at least 2 more matches.

For us to just to make the 8 would be an incredible achievement. If we do, it'll be historic. I don't think a team has ever been in a worse position than we were in and gone on to make the finals. No matter how badly any of the bottom teams go for the rest of the season, none of them will have spent more time at the bottom of the ladder than we have this season. We were there at the completion of 11 rounds this season.

No chance. Souffs just need to win 1 or 2 games to secure top 4. If by some small chance they lose all their games you'll find that either the Bulldogs or Sharks will sneak in.

Top 4 is not realistic, I think the Vermin after tonights loss will fire up and win and least 2 of their remaining games. We need to keep it to a week at a time for now. So great to see them so strong!

We won't make the top 4 at the end of the minor round, but we will make the 8 in the form we're in. After that anything is possible.

With the new McIntyre System that they started in 2014, if we make it to 5 or 6 and we get a home semi at the SFS. :)

We don't want to finish 4th as it looks like a Cows home semi in Townsville :cool:

As we play on Sunday in rd 26, Manly may have some strategy for for/against ideas that will help us choose who we play in wk 1 of the finals @:cool:

Last edited:
That might be a bridge to far but final 8 is a real possibility now
With souths performance last night they could lose every game and miss the 8 now that would definitely upset all at nein and the Nrl

The top 4 as it stands now is already decided. The Rabbitohs can turn on a good performance just as well as the 3 sides above them and I reckon they'll win at least 2 more matches.

For us to just to make the 8 would be an incredible achievement. If we do, it'll be historic. I don't think a team has ever been in a worse position than we were in and gone on to make the finals. No matter how badly any of the bottom teams go for the rest of the season, none of them will have spent more time at the bottom of the ladder than we have this season. We were there at the completion of 11 rounds this season.
My son tells me that for teams running last in a "particular round" and making the finals... should we make the finals, we will beat that "particular round" record by 1.

I had settled on avoiding the spoon only a few matches back. Top eight is still a big ask but a good goal to have. Top four is a dream.

My current aspirations are for us to beat Easts and the Eels.
If we do get the Chooks, we will have downed the competition leaders, the reigning premiers, and then the competition favourites in the space of a month, and I will consider that sufficient redemption from what loomed as a disastrous season.
(Providing we also smash the Eels)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8