Can some tell me why...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bhot

Reserve Grader
we have two refs, and in the heat of the moment, one ref can make a call.....and not even get an opinion from the other ref??????

When there are punch-ups the touchies come in with their opinion, the second ref comes....game stops etc etc........but in the dying seconds with scores almost level, a ref can't stop play and get another opinion. Blowing his whistle willie nillie!!!!

I don't get it!
I thought the second ref was there so decisions went right.

We went down the video ref path already and it spolied the game.
Now we have the two ref system, but the second ref is not being used at critical points in the game.

As Hasler said - it was the junior ref that made the crucial decision.  Why is Archer (as bad as he is) not in charge when the game is in the close, dying moments?

Maybe they need to tweak the two ref system.
1) Junior ref cannot control game and make any decisions.

2) Senior ref can call time off at stops in play and 'quickly' ask junior ref for his opinion before he makes a call. That way the video isn't involved and we're actually utilising the second ref.

Finch, the referees boss, talks about players taking responsibility.  What about the referees boss himself?  If Archer thought it was a penalty, then drop them both.  If he didn't think it was a penalty, then drop Finch for not using the referees on the field to REDUCE rather than increase refereeing errors.  He had five refereeing officials who could have queried that decision, yet he allows a refereeing blunder to overturn the result of the game when that junior referee was the only one at the ground who thought it was a penalty.

Rex link said:
Finch, the referees boss, talks about players taking responsibility.  What about the referees boss himself?  If Archer thought it was a penalty, then drop them both.  If he didn't think it was a penalty, then drop Finch for not using the referees on the field to REDUCE rather than increase refereeing errors.  He had five refereeing officials who could have queried that decision, yet he allows a refereeing blunder to overturn the result of the game when that junior referee was the only one at the ground who thought it was a penalty.

I'm sick of this ref crap
How do we voice our opinion to the NRL?....somethings gotta change and fast

I remember Chechin robbing us in New Zealand as the Northern Eagles. Steve Clark went off when we were up by heaps, and this clown came on and gifted them the game. He's a cheat.

The refs have never been made accountable for their performances. Finch and Harrigan will back them to the hilt everytime, always arguing semantics on rules that aren't applied with the right intention. They'll back that gimp on Friday for blowing time on at the scrum because TECHNICALLY he was right. They'll back the useless clown from today because they'll find some reason to justify what was basically a MISTAKE. They can make any decision look right if they want to argue black and white. The problem is that these morons don't even exhibit any consistency across 80 minutes, let alone across a full round of football.

And why would the refs try and improve, they aren't sanctioned for their incompetence so where's the incentive. Problem is that with the 2 ref system there isn't enough quality to go around now, let alone having refs waiting in the wings to put pressure on some of the retards they hand whistles to these days.

{my apologies to any retards out there for besmirching their good name by comparing them to referees}

Volley link said:
I remember Chechin robbing us in New Zealand as the Northern Eagles. Steve Clark went off when we were up by heaps, and this clown came on and gifted them the game. He's a cheat.

Yep, and I have hated the little **** every day since. We were up 30-12 and went down 32-30

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=180493.msg224467#msg224467 date=1243160113]

Yep, and I have hated the little c**t every day since. We were up 30-12 and went down 32-30
[/quote]

so Chechin was refing back then.

How many first grade games has he refereed, and is he a Junior ref?

bhot link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180493.msg224475#msg224475 date=1243160542]

Yep, and I have hated the little c**t every day since. We were up 30-12 and went down 32-30
[/quote]

[/quote]

He was a referee back then but couldn't handle the pressure. He's been a touch judge the last few years and has only got back to refereeing this year because of the 2 ref system.

I think they should hand him back the flag and send him back to touch judge in an under 12 comp somewhere.

bhot link said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is somewhere around the late 20s early 30s I think, he went about 3-4 years without a match

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=bhot link=topic=180493.msg224479#msg224479 date=1243160872]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is somewhere around the late 20s early 30s I think, he went about 3-4 years without a match
[/quote]  Says it all really.

Volley link said:

Yeah, I remember that game.  Steve Clark injured his leg in the first half and couldn't go on for the second half and we ended up getting done. So that was Checchin.

GUtted :( i really thought we played better and deserved the win today,pity the idiots in pink still can't get it right.

bhot link said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pretty sure they said today was his 39th

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6