Can we stop new registrations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Can we stop new registrations for a month and if any true Manly fan wants to come and post they can join by having Dans approval

These trolls are starting to get out of control

I'm sure Dan would love to spend his time deciphering who on here is a true supporter.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Can we stop new registrations for a month and if any true Manly fan wants to come and post they can join by having Dans approval

As a devote Manly fan i second this motion.

Up and onwards, in Toovy we trust!

My butt hurts.

Manlypants said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

As a devote Manly fan i second this motion.

Up and onwards, in Toovy we trust!

My butt hurts.
Mods, please ban.

Damn good idea BE, one way of stopping the rot is for our own supporters not responding to the taunts and for the mods to remove any troll message as soon as it appears, a lot of work for all concerned but it will help to stop the hysteria.

What I could also recommend and would like to see is if Dan could create a page for actual Manly supporters which isn't visible to the general public however is visible only to those supporters that can actually prove who they are and are actual Manly supporters.

Whilst ever this is a "FREE" site that's not going to happen.

Maybe the answer is be like the old MWSE forum...pay to post!!

Go Jatz, and take the "Nuts" with you when you do!!

As I said I DO really love your Moniker....cracks me up every time

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Whilst ever this is a "FREE" site that's not going to happen.

Maybe the answer is be like the old MWSE forum...pay to post!!

$1 a post ;)

I'd like to see that....LOL

Maybe we should just stop responding to every bait that is out there

people only post when they get a reaction. Use the ignore feature etc

exactly Lsz, people need to take ownership of their own reactions, they are only doing it to get a reaction, and some people cant help themselves.

Mods have jobs, kids, lives etc. basically we have better things to do than trawl through every rubbish post on here.

if we see an issue we act, but sometimes it takes a while. use the report post feature if you have an issue, and a mod will get on it as soon as they can.

trust me there are a lot that DO get banned/warned/deleted.

ignore them...

Yes I can concur with that, I saw one a day or so ago, reported it and it was gone within 10 mins...only trouble is the offender was back 10 mins later. NOW I do realise (now) that people can just walk to another computer and log in again and away they go.

Other than ignoring people I don't know what the answer is...but certainly responding to them is just what they want....and so we shouldn't do it....but gee it's hard isn't it??

Well a paid membership may be an option next year. A small joining fee. Otherwise I have other plans for semi-private forums where you need to earn the right to post.

It all takes time to code, and I need to do a million things to get to that point however.

At this stage, people are better just ignoring the comments they don't want to read

Dan, if you ever have a requirement for hardware and want some pricing let me know as I can offer staff rates that apply to me. I very rarely fill my quota of two of everything per year and I'm not certain if I have ever given you my contact # before though I do know in some personal correspondence to you in the past I have signed off with my real name not just by my screen name, I know I have sent my details to Mark.

If interested send me a personal message I can let you know who I work for and can tell you what becomes available to staff at the discounted rate.

thanks mate.

hardware isn't so much the issue as software. I need to do a bit of an overhaul of a lot of things before next season

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2