Cannonball Tackle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
With our game against Souths a little over a week away and reading the Daily Telegraph this morning regarding the cannonball tackle, who should the picture be of...........Chris Sandow, flying at the legs of a player already held up by 2 other Souths players. Who would coach players to do this? Surely not John Lang?? I think this is one of the most dangerous tackles I have seen and definitely should be banned with the most severe suspension available!! The offending coach should also be fined for this behaviour.

I hope Chris "The Grub" Sandow doesn't do this next week and take out one of our champions for the season or worse.

It's Sandow, he'll do any dirty trick in the book & then puff his chest out & try to act tough afterwards.

We should send Mauro or Lussicj out there to crunch him early on & see if he can still play his game after he's had a taste of a real shot.

its been happening for years, its footy, not touch...
get over it FFS and harden the f*ck up!

its how teams are coached these days

Brookie said:

Hard to get over your leg being smashed to pieces. Doubt you'll get over it if someone dives into the side of a Manly player's knee & ends the career of a Foran, Lyon or Watmough.

League is a rough game, we get that, but there are some things that have no place on the field. It's sport FFS not life & death (que smart ass 'it's more important that life & death comments).

Brookie said:

I never realised it was footy!! Thanks for clearing that up for me!!

I will try and HTFU next time.........FFS!!

In fairness to Souffs its not just them doing it. I don't think I've seen a team that hasn't done it at one stage and that includes us.

Ok brookie. I'm about the same size as Brock Lesnar. 6'6 and 120kg. You stand still while i dive at your knees. We'll see who's a cat!

I seem to recall a time when the Manly club was in the news for having players target the knees of opposing kickers as they were kicking the ball.

Coaches are always looking for an edge. However, I do object when coaches use methods that have a high probability of maiming opposition players.

Gorgeous George said:
I seem to recall a time when the Manly club was in the news for having players target the knees of opposing kickers as they were kicking the ball.

Coaches are always looking for an edge. However, I do object when coaches use methods that have a high probability of maiming opposition players.

Mid nineties from memory

Ronnie Gibbs for Manly was a master at clipping the legs of the kickers and in later years Steve Price was renowned for it.

eagles2win said:
Gorgeous George said:

Mid nineties from memory

Yep, Bozo was coach.

Fonz said:
Ok brookie. I'm about the same size as Brock Lesnar. 6'6 and 120kg. You stand still while i dive at your knees. We'll see who's a cat!

Lesnar has got to be much heavier than that

There's diving in at the legs of a player being held to bring him down, and then there's diving in at the legs of a player being held with careless or reckless intention to injure. Sandow's effort was a cynical example of the latter.

Brookie said:

About fukn time Brookie good call.. Deadset .. they might be fit now days , but fuk they are cry babies compared to the 80`s.. they wouldnt even last a half playing against westerurn suburbs now days..

Fonz said:

lol fonz ..

if a team does them tactics you(manly) do it back to them its simple, they grapple you grapple them , they chicken wing you do the same.. same as cannon ball.. deadset who comes up with thses fukn names some fukn retard disceting **** in the game that doesnt need to be touched, while the real issues of inept ground officials & refs & a fukd up CEO get ignored..

jjai said:
Brookie said:

About fukn time Brookie good call.. Deadset .. they might be fit now days , but fuk they are cry babies compared to the 80`s.. they wouldnt even last a half playing against westerurn suburbs now days..

Fonz said:

lol fonz ..

if a team does them tactics you(manly) do it back to them its simple, they grapple you grapple them , they chicken wing you do the same.. same as cannon ball.. deadset who comes up with thses fukn names some fukn retard disceting s**t in the game that doesnt need to be touched, while the real issues of inept ground officials & refs & a fukd up CEO get ignored..

Jjai, if you just let players & teams get away with cheap tactics like the 'cannonball' tackle then all it will end up doing is driving the more talented athletes away from league & into other sports. Take away the truely talented top tier of players & the NRL will be pretty average to watch.

People should be getting angry at the Bellamys' of the world who think this crap up. If everyone just played the sport within the spirit of the game then everything would be hunkydory, unfortunately these muppets find a way to try & bulls**t their way into wins & everyone gets punished as a result.

yeah i agree mate it is the certain coaches who permit/allow& even train them to employ those tactics, that screws it for legitimate teams who abide by the rules..
I was just saying do the same to them it f***ks them up as well..
You know me not much thought goes into my posts its all emotion & passion .. :p

Fonz said:

lol, that sounds a little bit keyboard hero-ish.... don't be so precious
but i'm only about 5'10 and 85kg, but quick as hell!
you wouldn't catch me tubbsie! :p

The Eagle said:
Fonz said:

lesnar has testicles, thats the 7kg difference between the two :D

Brookie said:
Fonz said:

lol, that sounds a little bit keyboard hero-ish.... don't be so precious
but i'm only about 5'10 and 85kg, but quick as hell!
you wouldn't catch me tubbsie! :p

The Eagle said:
Fonz said:

lesnar has testicles, thats the 7kg difference between the two :D

Quick means nothing, think I will have 2 guys hold you up top then have someone take a flying leap at your legs.............HTFU???? FFS................

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2