Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the year"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Aetna

Reserve Grader
HE is known as T-Rex, but there has been nothing ferocious or intimidating about Tony Williams in his first three games for the Bulldogs.

A $600,000-a-year recruit, Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the year", with the 118kg giant ranked 44th in metres gained and 96th in tackles made.

The former Test and Origin enforcer has made less tackles than Manly half Daly Cherry-Evans and Cowboys No. 7 Ray Thompson.

His poor form has Bulldogs legends predicting he will soon be dropped to the bench, with Steve Mortimer claiming the former Manly back-rower was being out-played by rookies. It has been hard to disagree, with Williams making just 153m in 240 minutes of football.
"He isn't one of the six best forwards in the team at the moment," Mortimer said. "It is obvious that Des Hasler rates him, but from what I have seen he needs to improve.
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/canterbury-recruit-tony-williams-is-an-early-favourite-for-worst-buy-of-the-year/story-e6frexp9-1226604121848
http://www.celebrityballa.com/2013/03/tony-williams/t-rex-600000-metres-running

RE: Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the year

Karma at work :p

Son of Sam wanted destabilise Manly and his Get Out Clause will haunt the Dogs for next 3 years!

RE: T-Rex favourite for "worst buy of the year"

T-Rex had a great combination with Foran & Matai going on that left hand side of Manly's attack which hasn't happened at the Campsie K9's so far.

RE Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the year"

He will always be an enigma wrapped in a riddle............ I loved him when he smashed and bashed and like everyone here, hated his other 80% of games.

: Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the year"

anthonyb1965 said:
He will always be an enigma wrapped in a riddle............ I loved him when he smashed and bashed and like everyone here, hated his other 80% of games.

Wow 80% is generous anthonyb1965. ;) Care to make that 95? :p

Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the ye

The real beauty of this is Des won't drop him, Des doesn't drop anyone as we know.

RE: Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the ye

bob dylan said:
The real beauty of this is Des won't drop him, Des doesn't drop anyone as we know.

This post made me think of Chris Bailey & the incomparable Shane Neumann. Dark, dark days.

Honestly, I'm expecting Tony to come good, but I'll enjoy seeing him falter in the meantime.

RE: Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the ye

Maybe Parra had the answer.
Stick him back on the wing!

lismore_fan said:

Maybe Parra had the answer.
Stick him back on the wing!

Yeh Parra did have the right idea, by parting ways with him.

Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the ye

The sad thing is he will probably come good at some stage for the Dogs, around the end of the season I'd say!!

T-Rex is an early favourite for "worst buy of the year"

T-Rex will come good just before State of Origin for 1 or 2 matches, get injured & play 1 or 2 good matches at the end of the season. If teams make him do lots of defensive work he is usually not running hard on to the ball from a deep position but is starting from a stand still position with no momentum.

T-Rex is early favourite for "worst buy of the year"

Matai vs SheRex only 2 weeks to go can't wait.

RE: Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourit for "worst buy of the year"

He is running so timidly this year. Last year in the origin where he strained his back he was hittin' it up with rigor, he needs to play with that intensity all the time, or in concentrated bursts. I seen 2 dogs games this year and he is having a holiday at the moment...

RE: Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourit for "worst buy of the year"

Jado said:
Last year in the origin where he strained his back he was hittin' it up with rigor,

more like rigor mortis

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8