Captain Calm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
When you hear Lyon speak in his media interviews – seriously, has there ever been a more laid-back, understated football star?

There is no conceit or arrogance about him, no delusions of grandeur, despite him being one of the best players ever to lace on a boot. He gives everything each time he takes the field, yet has no pretensions whatsoever off the field.

Apparently Foran was crediting Lyon for helping the team keep their composure when behind 0-14 against Souths.

Jamie is about to play his 6th NRL grand final, and he also has an English Super League title and a Challenge Cup win in his resume. It's no coincidence that his teams always do well.

He doesn't like being in front of the tv though. He rubs/scratches his face when uncomfortable.

#playpokerwithmekiller

How good was his kicking and what a legend centre!!! In terms of speaking, he is pretty ordinary and bit of a shame as I would love to hear abit more than, don't know, not sure etc. Great captain except for media. Just an absolute professional superstar!!! His match up with Jennings should be a cracker.

Captain Calm alright. He tried to start a fight to get a penalty/unsettle souths and he made a few big hits near centre field. He was captain fantastic also. Really lifted the boys. As gould loves to say every now and then, you can't coach a jamie lyon to do what a jamie lyon does.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jamie is about to play his 6th NRL grand final, and he also has an English Super League title and a Challenge Cup win in his resume. It's no coincidence that his teams always do well.

He is about to play his 5th NRL grand final.

bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

How can you overlook the Wee Waa Panthers GF, Bones? :p

2013 is Killers' 6th GF - the skill of this man is only exceeded by his humility :angel:

It gives me great confidence that Foran and Chezza are playing under Jamie as our leader now, learning from him and soaking up some of his leadership skills. They can take these things and use them when they are co-captains of Manly in a few years time.

Whilst he doesn't speak with the polish of a lot of captains, I think his media demeanor is what we need. It shows someone with no airs or graces, he's there to play footy.

Even after the game when he was asked how many grand finals this was for him since he came back, he had to think about it. It shows firstly he's been in a few, and secondly he's not a stats type person.

How can you not exude confidence with a captain like that? I always read about how players running out behind Mal Meninga felt so much better. If I was one of the Manly players and I was running out behind Killer I would be feeling on top of the world.

Jamie is the glue that binds the side. He is the best captain we have had since Toovey himself.

His calmness gives the team so much confidence. The players love him and you can understand why Parra are so bitter over him, they totally blew it!!

HappilyManly said:
bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

2013 is Killers' 6th GF - the skill of this man is only exceeded by his humility :angel:
What about st helens?

Watch the interviews he's done with Neil "Stumpy" Evans on the MWSE website and you'll see not just how well he can speak when he's truly relaxed but also how funny he can be. The guy's just a great leader for our team.

HappilyManly said:
bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Sorry Bones is right. 4 for Manly and 1 for Parra = 5. We're not the Titans or Souths. We don't exaggerate things

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6