Captain Clarke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
A dark day indeed for Australian cricket when they pick a captain based on sponsorships and endorseements rather than talent, courage and integrity. 

Funny how the polls are 85% against the puppy getting the gig, yet the selectors blithely carry on.  Three blind mice, Australian cricket would probably put out a better side by putting the positions up for an internet poll at the moment. 

I don't know about internet polls, given some of the selection ideas in this forum the mind boggles at what sort of side the populus would select.

As far as Clark is concerned, he has been Captain elect for a few years now so he was always going to be the choice. No real options in the current side anyway, Haddin or Hussey possibly, but that is it. Pup's problem is that he is horribly out of touch at the moment so he unlikley to be a lead by example type of skipper on current form. I don't mind some of his one day / T20 Captaincy, so prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's basically a dead rubber so no real pressure on him, which may help.

Although I'm not a big fan, I hope the extra pressure of captaincy may bring the best out of Clarke. He certainly has the talent to be a long term member of the Aussie test side, but does he have the balls to be a leader?

Incorrect Gronk, apparently him failing with the bat means he's a **** captain.

Tubby got a pair on his captaincy debut. Boy he was ordinary.

Clarke was struggling with the bat before being made Captain for this game, today just confirmed he is still in a deep hole despite having a "C" next to his name. The true test of his captaincy will be when we take the field.

How much pressure is under Clarke now

a) None - the series is lost and no one cares.

or

b) More than he will handle - getting beaten by an innings and failing to contribute is a daunting task.

For the record I am hoping he gets 150 but I would be backing him to get less than 20.

I like his captaincy and would hope he retains the job with Ponting coming back in at 4, Clarke to  and Hussey at 6. As for the bowlers the answer is a pineapple.

The openers have until August to get themselves sorted for the next test.  Watson going down the order might stop him losing his concentration at 50 and getting out.  Also he could bowl longer spells when needed. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4