Captain Fozzy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Only half an hour gone in the Test & I've seen enough from Kieran Foran to prove to me he'll be Manly's next captain.

I know it's been said numerous times before but this supports those views.

He's questioned the refs in a professional & strong manner & been correct on every occasion.

A fine leader!

Blowfly said:
Only half an hour gone in the Test & I've seen enough from Kieran Foran to prove to me he'll be Manly's next captain.

I know it's been said numerous times before but this supports those views.

He's questioned the refs in a professional & strong manner & been correct on every occasion.

A fine leader!

And just like a Manly captain despite being right he was ignored :p

I knew he was our next Captain before tonight's game. As we can see tonight the extra responsibility will bring out the best in him.

It's not often that players have the courage and heart to match the skill set Fozzy has got. Just an amazing player. He's been everywhere for the Kiwis in that first half.
And completely agree on the captaincy call. That kid was born a leader.

Yep, he will edge out DCE as our next captain.

Together they will go down as good as any halves combo if not the best for a club side playing 10 years together

Not watching the game, but can I ask are the commentators giving credit to Foz or not ?

More of a question

Does that make him first choice ahead of Marshall ? What happens when he is avail?

Marshall was axed as captain even before being ruled out. Mannering was going to captain, but pulled out. Mannering will Captain if fit in the World Cup, even though in my opinion he's the most overrated player in the game, and shouldn't be in the NZ squad.

lsz said:
More of a question

Does that make him first choice ahead of Marshall ? What happens when he is avail?

He should have been picked in position before bunji for the last couple of games. Bunji is a total flake and way past his best. Think bunji should spend more time sourcing dodgy ailments to save himself the embarrassment of being dropped

If the Kiwis have got half a brain, Foz will remain captain. And as Manly are doing,they will be able to build a very good loyal team of followers around him.

So happy for Foz!!! What a honor for him and at such a early stage in his career. However I'm not surprised one bit though as we know he has the attributes to be a leader, not only for his country but eventually for our team. Being a Kiwi I'm so proud of him. While the result wasn't great I would much prefer Foz over Mannering or Benji as captain. I agree that Mannering is overrated and Benji is looking past his best. What NZ needs is a captain who lifts with the added responsibility rather than is burdened by it. I think Foz is that guy.

Yep, Kieran was terrific last night for the Kiwis and will make a fine captain one day. However Killer is the Manly captain (along with King but to a lesser extent) and as long as his 3yr deal is done, he'll stay as the captain. Kieran win learn much over these next 3 years and be an even better captain when his time comes.

Wonderful to see his progression.

Hope Captain Foz is a Sea Eagle for life :heart:

WTF is a 'Major infringement, overrules a minor infringement' decision by the Referee? I think Inglis knocked on but the Kiwi guy shouldered someone as he was trying to ground the ball. Oz got the penalty :mad:

HappilyManly said:
WTF is a 'Major infringement, overrules a minor infringement' decision by the Referee? I think Inglis knocked on but the Kiwi guy shouldered someone as he was trying to ground the ball. Oz got the penalty :mad:

It was Hodges who knocked it on and then Nightingale pulled him down so he couldn't get the ball. My opinion is that, if he got the ball, it would have been called a knock on. Yes, no try, but you go back to the first infringement...the knock on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6