Captain Grappler sick of the stigma (that will do me)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Dan like big nose this bloke isnt worthy of the frontpage of this website.
Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith sick of negative stigma
By Andrew Webster
March 12, 2009 In the wake of the Brett Stewart affair and the subsequent public backlash against players, Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith says he is fed up with a small group of players ruining the reputation of the rest in the NRL.

Smith, who attended the launch of the State of Origin season in Melbourne with Storm coach Craig Bellamy, said it was time players took responsibility for their own actions.

The Queensland and Australian hooker also expressed sympathy for the 17-year-old girl who Stewart is alleged to have sexually assaulted.

\"It's unfortunate for everyone involved - not just Brett and the Eagles - but the girl as well,\" a genuinely concerned Smith said.

\"I have sympathy for her, too. And now he's been charged ... it's very disappointing, the whole thing.\"

Smith is angry that players continually making headlines for alcohol-fuelled antics are casting the entire NRL in a bad light.

\"I'm sick of it bringing every other bloke down,\" he said.

\"It's not like every player goes out on the drink and plays up and gets in trouble.

\"It's the minortity of the playing group. There's 400 in the comp and only a dozen running amok.

\"My first reaction was that it was disappointing because it involves a guy who is one of the leading players.

\"Given it's the first week of the comp, it's a time when everyone should be looking forward to seeing some football played. Not reading about stories like this all week.\"

During the official part of Wednesday's launch, Bellamy spoke about \"needing to find a full-back\" when asked about the positions he had to find replacements for.

Pressed on the issue later as word that Stewart had been suspended until round 5 filtered through the function, the coach said he wants the incumbent full-back in his side.

\"If he's playing, and he's available for selection, I think he should be in the side,\" Bellamy said.

\"That's only my opinion. Selectors have a say in that, and so does the NSWRL.\"
this coming from a bloke who trys to twist other blokes necks and pull their arms out of the socket

pot meet the kettle

deadset that will do me
wat a smoker of blue vien

like I have said before its not like Brett goes out every week and if Brett is let out of the charges people like Smith should all apologise in person to Brett

What a knob. Gets himself suspended from a GF for being an idiot (albeit sober!) and costs his team,fans,town etc a good shot at the title. Talk about trying to deflect the spotlight. Put your head back up your arse, Grappler.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6