Carbon Tax

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
a ****ing joke. And should hopefully spell the end for the red headed clown and labour before they destroy the country.

I am a swing voter but favour Labour ever so slightly more. However I can't stand for this crap.

I have already been knocked back for family benefit tax because of my income, so now have to support the whole household on a single income, plus pay more tax, albeit quite small.
It just seems bizarre to put through a whole bunch of tax cuts, in order to implement another tax, just don't apply it.

I never thought i would miss Howard

Is that right Eagle, just because they said so?! If you eat all that candy their dishing out you'll still have to pay the dental bill later. (although if you are the Shane I think you are, that won't bother you!:))

I do believe that we need to take care to try and conserve our resources but this is just a token idealogical jesture funded via a wealth shift and is unlikely to make any difference to the global climate. It will, however, have huge consequences for our economy and for the hip pocket of the same group that Labor always targets.

I refused to listen to the propaganda yesterday but the few snippets I couldn't avoid had me feeling more anger towards someone on TV than I can recall. At least since pixie Rudd was flashing that weasel smile or Harrigan was awarding that no try to Gasnier a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately Dan, this is going to get up and running and despite the fair certainty of Labor getting shafted in a couple of years, it's going to be hard to unwind.

It will have global rammifications,she is forcing the hands of the rest of the world with this bill

It said households under $100k will receive a tax cut while households over $100k will have a slight tax rise,Pensioners will get more money (however miniscule) to 20% over the price hikes that may happen,also that from the way she said it was more or less charging importers of high carbon waste goods higher and keeping strugging local high carbon industrys in business....or something to that effect

It could be worse,we could have Abbott and his Wifi interwebs lol

The Eagle said:
It will have global rammifications,she is forcing the hands of the rest of the world with this bill

It said households under $100k will receive a tax cut while households over $100k will have a slight tax rise,Pensioners will get more money (however miniscule) to 20% over the price hikes that may happen,also that from the way she said it was more or less charging importers of high carbon waste goods higher and keeping strugging local high carbon industrys in business....or something to that effect

It could be worse,we could have Abbott and his Wifi interwebs lol

Wrong mate.

Households with 2 parents, one child, sole income on 60k+ will pay a little more tax.

I won't divulge how much I earn but it isn't over 100k.

It just astounds me that with what I get taxed, plus being in a household of 2 adults 1 child, I still don't get tax breaks. In fact a couple I know both work part time, earn less than me, however due to tax are better off than I am because of tax breaks and benefits. It is like I get punished for being a high income earner.

As for WIFI internet, it won't be long until wireless 3G (4G has been switched on in Sydney and Melbourne I believe) will be as fast as fibre optic. It actually is a more sustainable and future proofed way of rolling out broadband rather than a wired fibre optic solution that will be outdated by the time it is rolled out. 4g wireless internet is about the equivalent to ADSL2+ at full speed, maybe slightly slower. However they have already found ways to transfer data wirelessly that far exceed any wired solution we know, however it is still in experimental phase. As much as I dislike Abbot, he is 100% correct in that as an NBN option as being more cost effective and easier to update and roll out.

I also agree that this will get up and running and there isn't much we can do about it, however Liberals running a campaign of "We will roll back the carbon tax" should see them get to power.

I have worked bloody hard for years to get to where I am and the money I earn, and I find it absolutely ludicrous that I am essentially punished for my hard work, salary and skills.

Dan,im sorry to hear you will be slightly behind the 8ball due to this bitch,but she is still better than Abbott and its not speed thats ****s me about Wifi its ****ing connection drops out at the site of a feather falling,this will push the hands of leaders worldwide,who wants to be in the past behind Australia as far as eco-bull**** goes?

This isnt about Australia,this is about the world as a whole as Obama,"Insert pommy Git" and some other relevant country's leader

This is Gillard's Legacy to the world and she will be remembered for this,this is her glory (Im not agreeing or disagreeing with her,at the moment i am on the fence and dont really give a toss)

Cant you see her pushing their hands to press the same button,all the world leaders?

first of all wifi and 3g are two different things, 3g is about the same connectivity as mobiles, and the ability to cover more space with less dropouts could be easily achieved for about half the amount of money the NBN will cost. Most regional areas get their brodaband via microwave link and not directly routed through cable into the back-bone. microwave link is another option.

As for Julia's legacy, do you honestly think a tax on carbon emissions is going to stop the production of Carbon?

if you think this will have any impact on climate change, even if the rest of the world do it, then you have been fooled by the lunatic asylum which is the tree hugging greens.

The greens want to make it impossible to live financially to have minimal effect on the global climate. They have already made it impossible to cut a tree down in your own yard. They are lunatics.

Look at the Kyoto agreement, we signed it to join the rest of the world and are now one of the only few left adhering to it, the rest of the world like the US all realised it was a bunch of non-achievable BS.

We would be better of throwing dollars as science trying to find a way to reverse or lessen the impact than we would be on taxing the current production.

If we were serious about it, we would be looking at alternate fuels and seriously considering hydrogen cell engines, whose only output is, shock horror, H2o.

The reality is that we don't do that, because we know that the move away from fossil fuels and oil is going to be a mammoth and costly task as the entire industrial world relies to heavily on it. If you think the oil and mining industries wont have the final say, then you are just as crazy.

This is a token gesture designed to pacify the greens, who Labour need in order to stay in power, it will have zero effect on anything besides a negative impact on our currently fairly strong economy.

We were poised to be amongst the world economic leaders and this is one thing that will make it difficult for us to achieve that now.

I will be very surprised if other nations aren't having a good laugh about this tax, and i would brace yourself for an economic down turn over the next few years and an increase in interest rates.

I am all for reducing carbon emmisions and changing to renewable energy but this scheme won't do anything to change climate or temperature when when china will be increasing their co2 emissions by 3 billion tonnes from now to 2020 when we will save only 160,000 tonnes in the same period.

Just another reason for government to introduce a new tax.

agreed at the fact that it seems that those who try to do the right thing, and get a decent job at a decent wage etc are penalised for being

A) too well paid to get any of the benefits that go around to bogans/bludgers etc.
B) not well paid enough to avoid the taxes.

I'm with you Dan, my wife and I are having to look at ways to get under the magic number that $150k appears to be the cutoff for "rich" we arent there but bloody close, and if we nudge over it we are going to get nailed.

I wont apologise for getting paid well for doing a job, and am certainly not crying poor, we are comfortable, but not rich.

What gets me is the inherent flaw in the system in that there is simply no incentive for trying to get ahead.

It certainly wont stop it,i love how theres no carbon tax on petrol but on AvGas there is lol,i think other countries will atleast have a good look into it none the less,token gesture or not

I think her goal is to be as written about as possible,her speech last night repeated the same **** over and over again and RE: Wireless i have perhaps the most powerful phone in the world for the moment,i couldnt get reception at brookvale oval.......whatso****ing ever and had texts fail and no internet....3G can go **** itself and take 4G with it

I think that Labor is actually doing this for the idealogical reasons rather than to raise a tax although they won't mind the financial outcome and if you think the rate's going to be anywhere near $23 in a few years you're gullible. We'll see how the compensation's going then.

Eagle, I think you have an overinflated opinion of Australia's place in the world. There might be some slaps on the back but 5 mins later the drivers of the global economy will be on their merry way and not caring less about what we've done.
[ps: you shouldn't have signed on with that Dodgy Bro's plan)

CussCuss - how many of those countries have economies that are compatable to ours in size and shape? If you think China's "proposal" to implement is going to proceed in any shape that will injure their economy you are being led down the garden path.

Bradza said:
CussCuss - how many of those countries have economies that are compatable to ours in size and shape? If you think China's "proposal" to implement is going to proceed in any shape that will injure their economy you are being led down the garden path.

Some of the european countries are probably close. But whats your point? Its impossible for Australia to have a carbon tax because its so unique, fragile and special that the normal rules don't apply to it?

Why does a carbon tax have to injure our economy? Everyone is making that leap without any justification.

I am probably one of the very few who thinks the Carbon tax is a move in the right direction. Love to know what Gronk thinks. The way it is structured I believe it will have bugger all impact on most and the supposedly huge losses in jobs is rubbish imo. There will be job transfers and like the introduction of technology it will be for the best.

The Eagle said:
Optus,now known as dodgy bros

Mate optus reception is woeful. You can't even get reception in the middle of Sydney near King street with it. They used to be good, until Singtel took them over. That has more to do with their network and than the technology. I switched to Telstra and am rarely out of reception and get good 3g speeds most places I go

Fro said:
agreed at the fact that it seems that those who try to do the right thing, and get a decent job at a decent wage etc are penalised for being

A) too well paid to get any of the benefits that go around to bogans/bludgers etc.
B) not well paid enough to avoid the taxes.

I'm with you Dan, my wife and I are having to look at ways to get under the magic number that $150k appears to be the cutoff for "rich" we arent there but bloody close, and if we nudge over it we are going to get nailed.

I wont apologise for getting paid well for doing a job, and am certainly not crying poor, we are comfortable, but not rich.

What gets me is the inherent flaw in the system in that there is simply no incentive for trying to get ahead.

Very well put Fro!!!

Being in the same situation I feel the anger.There is currently no incentive for the younger generation to work/pay tax.
At the moment it's leave school,have kids and bludge off society and they damn well know they will be well looked after.Not sure if this is happening in the cities,but it's happening in every country town.

Yup really bad here too with unemployment above 8% I wouldn't be a home owner but would be just as comfortable if I didn't have to bloody work with all the tax they steal off me. If Leanne gies back to work it pushes our household income above 150 and we will get raped

I'm not necessarily against a carbon tax in principle, but it needs to be fairly applied and any incentives also fairly applied

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6