Casula Powerhouse "Number 1 Fan" exhibition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Casula Powerhouse "Number 1 Fan" exhibition

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=32118&casula-powerhouse-%22number-1-fan%22-exhibition

From www.mwse.com.au

Casula Powerhouse "Number 1 Fan" Exhibition
24/11/2010 9:13:43 AM

The Sea Eagles fans have long been the envy of other NRL clubs and we’re asking all Manly members and fans to prove that to the rest of Sydney!
Casula Powerhouse are holding a ‘Number 1 fan” exhibition displaying banners, flags, fanfare, imagery and testimonials.

Eight other Sydney based NRL clubs are already taking part, including the Penrith Panthers, Parramatta Eels, South Sydney Rabbitohs, St George Illawarra Dragons, Canterbury Bulldogs, Sydney Roosters, Cronulla Sharks and the Wests Tigers.

This is the time for all Manly members and supporters to literally show their colours! The exhibition’s main theme is to showcase the involvement if fans in the sport of Rugby League.

The exhibition will include:
- The nine Sydney based NRL clubs best banners and flags

- Footage of the “Ten most memorable moments of the 80’s” which will be selected by an expert panel of Rugby League by author and Rugby League historian Ian Heads.

- “Grassroots” exhibit showing junior clubs within the Sydney region that feed the nine NRL clubs. This exhibit will consist of jerseys and badges of these junior clubs as well as footage of kids interviewing the NRL squads at training.

- Junior league games on display with imagery of kids and their favourite NRL stars.

- “Fan Forum” will be held in Casula theatre. Fans will be able to voice opinions and ask probing questions to NRL referees, coaches and players. (There will be three of these on the Saturday of the exhibition launch weekend).

- Kids “super boot” workshop. Boots have been donated by NRL players to be used to create original artwork by kids.

- Families “super banners” workshop that will involved making banners for Rugby League teams.

So come on Sea Eagles fans, get our display the biggest and best out of all the clubs!

If you have any banners or fanfare that you would like to donate, please send your details to [email protected]

Please note that the exhibition will run from 25 February 2011 – 3April 2011. Anything donated will not be available during this period and will be returned upon completion of the exhibition.

Re: Casula Powerhouse "Number 1 Fan" exhibition

Most manly fans from the northern beaches and west of the area would never get of their asses and take the drive to liverpool,let alone take part in a fan day with the "masses".

Tell me I am wrong.

May be true of some but we usually get a fe of the regulars at these types of events (Like an away game it is seen as a bit of a day out and a chance to catch up)

Not sure when it being held but plan to follow up next week and happy to post details on here

I've heard Frank Pulatua is running or playing a key role in this event and has told Mark from Brissie that any banners etc can be copied for the display and returned prior to round 1 (I'm glad as I'd hate to see us  to head to Melbourne for round 1 without the No one likes us or Push it up banners)

vidmar link said:
May be true of some but we usually get a fe of the regulars at these types of events (Like an away game it is seen as a bit of a day out and a chance to catch up)

Not sure when it being held but plan to follow up next week and happy to post details on here

I've heard Frank Pulatua is running or playing a key role in this event and has told Mark from Brissie that any banners etc can be copied for the display and returned prior to round 1 (I'm glad as I'd hate to see us  to head to Melbourne for round 1 without the No one likes us or Push it up banners)

Yeah I was about to say Vid that our iconic banners are still being used and will be used next season...except for the "I Love Bever" sign...which I wouldn't want on a Manly display anyways.

I'll go, I like museums. My manly footy card collection might even rate

Jono link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=186026.msg307639#msg307639 date=1290736574]

Leave the Bever sign alone!!! Hahaha
Yeah I was about to say Vid that our iconic banners are still being used and will be used next season...except for the "I Love Bever" sign...which I wouldn't want on a Manly display anyways.
[/quote]

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8