Catch the Manly Ferry to the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
The mighty Sea Eagles are heading to the eastern suburbs this Saturday and what better way is there to travel than on a Manly Ferry on beautiful Sydney Harbour.

Supporters are encouraged to make the trip to Allianz Stadium to get behind the team as they face the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium at 7.30pm. Help lift the Sea Eagles to their second victory against one of our great rivals on their home turf.

To help supporters get to Allianz Stadium and avoid the heavy congestion around Moore Park with an AFL match next door at the SCG, jump on board the Manly Ferry service from Manly Wharf at 4.45pm to Circular Quay.

Enjoy the 4.45pm service from Manly Wharf and the convenient trip across the world’s most beautiful harbour, arriving at Circular Quay at 5.15pm.

Sydney Buses will run Express Shuttle buses to Moore Park from 5pm. Imagine being inside the ground just under an hour instead of the slow commute by road and the cost of parking?

Avoid the congestion - take the Manly Ferry and shuttle bus from Circular Quay direct to Allianz Stadium.

You might even want to dine at one of the cafes or restaurants on Manly Wharf before boarding the Manly Ferry.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/03/22/catch_a_manly_ferry_.html

Greenslime puts our only SFS game of the year up against the biggest Swans game of the season. Yeah, LOL what a great CEO.

Greenslime puts our only SFS game of the year up against the biggest Swans game of the season. Yeah, LOL what a great CEO.

Actually he did not .The swans were meant to play this weekend @ ANZ stadium but with them agreeing to transfer early all home games in 2016 to the SCG they are playing at the SCG on Saturday.

For once green slime was not in the wrong here!!

No mention of any sort of package deal here. Sounds like its just a shuttle bus from where the regular 4:15 ferry alights.

I wonder how much the bus costs? Usually about $8 return (no one way option) from central...

Ferry is about $7 each way I think.

No mention of any sort of package deal here. Sounds like its just a shuttle bus from where the regular 4:15 ferry alights.

I wonder how much the bus costs? Usually about $8 return (no one way option) from central...

$6 return - Opal card or special event ticket

Bus
  • Express Moore Park shuttle buseswill runfrom:
    • Chalmers Street at Central Station (Route 1) between 16:30 and 19:30.
    • Young Street at Circular Quay (Route 3) between 17:00 and 19:30.
  • You can use your Opal card or purchase a special event ticket before boarding the bus.
  • Return services will run from the Moore Park Bus Station to Central and Circular Quay for around an hour after the game.
  • Buses will be in high demand so give yourself plenty of extra travel time.
    • You can also walk to the ground via Devonshire Street and the Albert ‘Tibby’ Cotter Bridge or via Foveaux Street; just follow the signs from Central.

Last edited:
This is the insanity of public transport for Northern Beaches customers. Return tickets are not available at Circular Quay :banghead: Lets hope that it's fixed prior to Saturday

Moore Park shuttle tickets
Ticket type Adult Concession
Single* $3.50 $1.70
Return $6.00 $3.00
* Only available from the Moore Park bus station for journey to Central Station only.

Where to buy Moore Park shuttle tickets
Return tickets are sold at the Moore Park shuttle bus stop at Chalmers Street, Central Station. Single tickets are sold at the Moore Park bus station for travel to Central Station

I own a Water Taxi Company and if I could get a minimum of 20 people we'd be happy to do a one way trip from Manly to the Quay for $10.00 per person. Have a beer at the Pub first and we'll get you from Manly to the quay in 20 minutes. Prior booking required. Message me on Silvertails.

http://silvertails.net/threads/mwts...ading-to-rooster-territory.48567/#post-775816

If you have an Opal card the max daily fare is $15

Default fares, the $15.00 Daily Travel Cap and Weekly Travel Reward
With an Opal card you can enjoy travel all day for no more than $15.00 per day for Adults and $7.50 for Child/Youth from Monday to Saturday or no more than $2.50 on Sunday. This means you can travel from 4:00am Sunday morning until 3:59am on Monday morning and pay no more than $2.50* - and pay even less with off-peak train fares!

Last edited:
This is the insanity of public transport for Northern Beaches customers. Return tickets are not available at Circular Quay :banghead: Lets hope that it's fixed prior to Saturday.

Take it up with local member, quasi-happy clappy man and devoted Manly-Warringah (no, no, really...he is) supporter, Mike Baird.

I do the opposite these days. On the yearly trip to Sydney, purely to see the Mighty Sea Eagles, we stay in the city. Better for the girls, now young adults.
We catch the ferry across to Manly and bus it to Brookie. How times have changed for me.
We actually take quite a few Manly ferry trips for the enjoyment of it.
Great childhood memories for me of trips to the city and back.
Mum sitting inside freaking out - not a water person. Me and the brothers practically hanging over the sides getting saturated when through the heads were rough.
Still one of my favourite ways to travel. Definitely better than Air Asia lol

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4