Caxton Street

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
How sweet it was to loiter up Caxton Street yesterday with thousands of dejected Super League supporters and absolutely give it to them!!!!!!!!!!

I will never forget yesterday afternoon.  How sweet it was.  And where are all the Orford and Lyon knockers now?

I hope you got some revenge for the time we were up there a few years ago after copping a flogging

The Wheel link said:
I hope you got some revenge for the time we were up there a few years ago after copping a flogging
  and some.

Best call was when a few of us Manly fans were shouting "Go Manly" and some hillbilly called us "voices crying out in the wilderness"

Response:  "A wilderness of IQ maybe"

Matabele link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177475.msg184251#msg184251 date=1210629375]
  and some.

Best call was when a few of us Manly fans were shouting "Go Manly" and some hillbilly called us "voices crying out in the wilderness"

[/quote]

------------------

Must have been pretty lame if that was the best call!

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=177475.msg184255#msg184255 date=1210634131]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177475.msg184251#msg184251 date=1210629375]
  and some.

[/quote]

------------------

Must have been pretty lame if that was the best call!
[/quote]

Wehn you live up there Dan you will find you have to keep it simple.  They truly are a gourmless lot up that way.

I find that here in NSW anyways, so not much difference

I was thinking about you Mata, enjoying such a great win. I knew you weren't up with the main bay of Eagle supporters but I was looking for you at the other end. Great stuff - I know you loved that!

Nutzcraw link said:
I'm an Orford knocker.
Hope he continues his form.

I'm with Dan.. that was a very lame call.

It is all about timing and occasion. I am sure it was very funny at the time. Never as good in the retelling!!

I was absolutely livid.

I had a ticket to the game. Found out I had a game of cricket on that day so I gave the ticket to my grandad (also a Manly supporter) I thought it'll be ok cricket might finish by 5 and I'll catch the second half on channel 9. Well, the match finished at 3:20. Just late enough so that I couldn't go to the match but early enough to race home and catch the full coverage on TV.

So, I say to the team mates "Can't stay and chat. I'm racing home to watch the mighty eagles smash the donkeys". I live about 20 mins from the ground so I get home at about 10 to 4. Perfect timing. I leave my cricket gear in the car and race straight to the fridge, grab a cold XXXX and the remotes and sit down in my chair, excited about watching the boys play.

The channel 9 sports presentation comes on and I know the game is only a matter of seconds away.... and here it is, Peter Sterling comes on the TV and says "Welcome to ANZ stadium for todays clash between the Parramatta Eels and the St George Illawarra dragons"

If my beer wasn't so nice I would have spat it out.

I quickly flicked it onto Fox Sports to see Manly walking off suncorp stadium and Andy Rammond saying "Manly have defeated the Broncos 30 points to 12".

That is all of the game I got to see. It really sucked considering my favourite win of the year is when we beat the farking donkeys.

I was talking about making it home it time to watch the replay at 4.

I knew I was never going to make the game live.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Only one Qld team playing on Sunday and Qld TV dont play that game ? Astounding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is I was the first to say "You Beauty!" When they decided to scrap showing QLD only games on channel 9 up here. It came back and bit me on the arse this time :(

There are these amaxing inventions that have been around for ages, we call them VCR's.

And recently there are PVR's and DVD recorders, any one of these would have solved your problem. although you would need to be able to read a TV guide to go with it :)

And whats so unusual about leaving your cricket gear in the car, mine stays in ther from October to April :)

I actually do not have a dvd recorder or VCR. I just have a standard dvd player.

I have to take my cricket gear out of the car so I can air my leg pads as they are quite sweaty due to me spending a fair bit of time out in the middle ;)

a bit of aroma adds character to the cars interior.

I suppose next you are going to tell me you wash your clothes too :)

ManlyBacker link said:
I was thinking about you Mata, enjoying such a great win. I knew you weren't up with the main bay of Eagle supporters but I was looking for you at the other end. Great stuff - I know you loved that!
The best part of it was all the tries in the 2nd half were scored up our end and we were 7th row back on the tryline. 

I have to commend the away supporters bay though.  They made a hell of a lot of noise and were even booed by the rest of the crowd at one point.

For gods sake Mata,

If you dont associate with the true supporters in the official supporters area, you will never win the official goody goody menzies medal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4