Cechin and Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Utility Player link said:
Not sure why either if the drop out decisions against Foran and Snake went against us but both were crucial in our downfall.
I don't think anyone knows how they went against us.  But then he didn't know what the penalty was for when he handed the titans a game in '09 either. 

I agree with you on Watmough. **** he's frustrating and puts the team under pressure time and time again. Since he was dubbed the army of one he's never got back to that standard.

Any ref would be put in, we lose. Too soft. Too easy. Simple as that. We missed Matai. Too many women like performances from a poorly put together and selected team.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Utility Player link=topic=186813.msg322336#msg322336 date=1299927988]
Not sure why either if the drop out decisions against Foran and Snake went against us but both were crucial in our downfall.
I don't think anyone knows how they went against us.  But then he didn't know what the penalty was for when he handed the titans a game in '09 either. 
[/quote]

Those decisions went against us because of what Messrs Penn, Lowe & Hasler said to the Media about Gallup in the past couple of weeks.

swoop link said:
I agree with you on Watmough. f**k he's frustrating and puts the team under pressure time and time again. Since he was dubbed the army of one he's never got back to that standard.
 Given he is a supposed senior player he was very poor.  It is no secret he is a liability off the field and his discipline is lacking.  I wish we'd got rid of him at the end of the last contract.  

Matabele link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186813.msg322342#msg322342 date=1299928080]
I agree with you on Watmough. f**k he's frustrating and puts the team under pressure time and time again. Since he was dubbed the army of one he's never got back to that standard.
  Given he is a supposed senior player he was very poor.  It is no secret he is a liability off the field and his discipline is lacking.  I wish we'd got rid of him at the end of the last contract. 
[/quote]

I agree, even Gallen has gone on leaps and bounds and Watmough has gone backwards.

Off the top of my head...

First Storm try came from a penalty against Rose for not clearing tackle quick enough. Looked no better or worse than a squillion other tackles all night. It was physically impossible for a big man to get off any quicker. DO the NRL want big man in our game or not?

First Storm try the Storm sent through dummy runners that cleaned up at least 3 Manly defenders. No video. Is this the new rule where you can obstruct as long as it isn't near the ball? Blatant foul act even if those defenders would never have got across to tackle Duffie.

Refs allowed forever for Storm to put Foran back into the in goal. Manly drop out.

Refs gave B Stewart no time to finish his tackle wrestle to ensure he stayed in the field of play. Manly drop out.

Brent Kite pinged for disrupting the dummy half. He was pushed in the back by Cameron Smith. What the hell was the 2nd referee looking at?

Jason KIng knee. It is not illegal to raise your knee. It is illegal to dangerously use your knee on a tackler. King was propping to catch the ball. His knee connected with a Storm player's forearm. Most ridiculous penalty in years.

Forward passes that weren't forward passes. Both teams copped these.

I've had a gutful of the standard of NRL refereeing. I'll watch Manly games and get angyr about it but you can forget about me watching anymore NRL games.

Ryan link said:
Any ref would be put in, we lose. Too soft. Too easy. Simple as that. We missed Matai. Too many women like performances from a poorly put together and selected team.

am confused the thread is about penalties and you suggest we missed our second most penalised player and most suspended?

is that so watmough didnt see as bad?

The Boot link said:
It's only Rd 1. The sky isn't falling...yet.
The Storm will be Top 4............ as usual.

Disagree. Melbourne are mediocre. You watch The Dragons or Roosters? We were just worse than mediocre.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186813.msg322347#msg322347 date=1299928156]

am confused the thread is about penalties and you suggest we missed our second most penalised player and most suspended?

is that so watmough didnt see as bad?
[/quote]

Fluffy, we missed aggression, passion and dedication. Matai has all of those. Tonight was a Bears like performance. Soft, riddled with lots of excuses.

Fro link said:
take your rose coloured glasses off Dan, they were better, admit it.

Where did I say Manly were robbed? I just pointed out what I saw as referee mistakes.

Manly not playing well doesn't excuse the officials' decisions that as far as I could see were wrong or inconsistent.

Ralphie link said:
Those decisions went against us because of what Messrs Penn, Lowe & Hasler said to the Media about Gallup in the past couple of weeks.

Really. Debate the game issues and leave your cheap shot pop culture phychology in you kids top drawer bedsie table. Along with your other negative beyond blue traits.

Excuses Dan, trying to point out refereeing "errors" attempts to deflect from the facts as they are, Melbourne played better than we did.

as long as we are not playing like that for 26 rds this game doesnt mean jack ****

Dan Dresden link said:
Refs gave B Stewart no time to finish his tackle wrestle to ensure he stayed in the field of play. Manly drop out.
 This was the most bizarre as he was clearly in the field of play.  Surely he should have been afforded the same time the Storm were given on the previous set to push Foran behind the line.

Fro link said:
Excuses Dan, trying to point out refereeing \"errors\" attempts to deflect from the facts as they are, Melbourne played better than we did.

as long as we are not playing like that for 26 rds this game doesnt mean jack s**t

Too true.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299930397[/time]

The Boot link said:
Ryan..and the other two?

What do you mean. Elaborate please, so I can respond.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6