Ch9 double standard

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Anyone else notice how they keep pumping the tyres on the Beau Scott thuggery on Thurston as though it's amusing and a normal part of the game? A few questions:
1. Would they be so cavalier if a media-assigned thug figure (say Matai or Bird) decided it was his life's mission to bash Mitchell Pearce out of the game?
2. Will they be held to account when it does go pear-shaped and Scott injures Thurston for the long term?

Thuggery? I call it good defence.
Was he penalised or placed on report? I must have missed something.

its not his go.

They have their heroes, Scott, Smith, Slater that can get away with everything and others who they like to make an example of.

Kind of like the refs, they just pick and choose willy nilly

Last night, nothing about the shoulder charge from Slater on Dugan, that should have been a charge, criminal that Hodges gets no sanction for his dumping tackle on Farah, who is now out for weeks with a bad shoulder injury. Dirty drizzle captain and win at all costs wanker hits Pearce high and no penalty, shame you cant sort things out anymore cause Queensland really were at the limit last night.

I muted it multiple times. Gus Gould is a ****ing muppet. Bags NSW non stop while you have any queenslander talking about how they're angels. Most one-sided game I've seen refereed in a long time. Queensland 3rd man flopping in all day slowing the tackle yet we got penalized multiple times for slowing the play the ball. If you clocked it though they were getting as much as 2-3 times the amount of time to clear the ruck. Complete rubbish

criminal that Hodges gets no sanction for his dumping tackle on Farah, who is now out for weeks with a bad shoulder injury.
That seemed a lot like that dumping tackle that Ballin received (cant recall who by??). That tackler got a few weeks from memory. O yes, thats right, its not black and white, each case is judged differently...when they are exactly the same

Praps Nein are deliberately trying to annoy NSW viewers by turning a blind eye, just ignoring Maroons illegalities in SOO. Sort of a click-bait "creating, feeding controversy" method of getting ppl to watch. Nein would have done research on this. Its all about money, advertising, ratings. Gus Gould was patently biased against NSW that night. I find that difficult to understand as he has been a former Blues player and coach. Think he was under instructions, not to be pro-NSW.
It was the Qld 'get square' match after all. "We better not upset the bulk of our viewers" ie the vast two-heads population by being pro NSW in this broadcast cause they will be watching".

The excessive TV influence in the game, over the NRL, its morays, its values have ruined SOO, ruined or distorted RL to the point where the sport is now unrecogniseable from the code that was played as recently as 1990 or even 1993. This makes a mockery of the idea of the "Hall of Fame" or "The immortals" because the old players in there WERE PLAYING A DIFFERENT SPORT.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6