Ch9 nrl v Royal wedding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
I find it completely rediculous that we are being force fed this royal wedding over the live nrl, apparently ch9 are going to cut off the wedding at 8:30 right in the middle of the marriage service, it does not make any sense at all that they would do this, The nrl should have moved these friday nite games to Sat 3pm & Sunday 2pm when they announced the wedding date simple solution really instead of pissing off most nrl fans, so now we will get a game interupted by tons of ads & forget about the 2nd game

I find Prince William hot and would rather watch him than some boofy football knuckleheads.

My concern is channel 9 will run as much to schedule as they always do, and it will more like 9:00 - 9:30 before they decide to show the games, and also as both are delayed games, then both will be as jammed packed with adverts as the second Fri game normally is.

We were all sold on the wonders of multi channels on the FTA networks, but it's a pity the networks haven't decided to use them properly.

They could show the games live on Go!, surely no one will complain about missing shows there, tonight they are showing Bill and Teds Bogus Journey FFS !!!

I was chatting to an mexican immigrant to NSW who is engaged to a friend of mine, he obviously still follows AFL, however the friend he is engaged to is now a massive Manly supporter, chalk that one up for me by the way.

Now we were talking about the in and outs of Rugby League and AFL and the topic was more or less around how much more successful league was at introducing a new team compared to the AFL at the moment.

More or less salary cap vs Draft system.

Anyway during the conversation he was shocked to find out that at the start of many NRL games, the referee looks to the sideline to get the thumbs up from a TV producer to start the game. He was pretty incredulous at this and I shared his amazement even though I knew it.

It is a complete joke that we are completely run by the television channels

Get over it.

It's only one night and it is only the donkeys and rapists playing anyways.

Surely we can occupy ourselves with something other than football for an hour or so while the wedding is on.

Yeah exactly very true one night I can live with it.

It gives me a chance to take apart my lawnmower and clean out the carby

Daniel said:
I was chatting to an mexican immigrant to NSW who is engaged to a friend of mine, he obviously still follows AFL, however the friend he is engaged to is now a massive Manly supporter, chalk that one up for me by the way.

Now we were talking about the in and outs of Rugby League and AFL and the topic was more or less around how much more successful league was at introducing a new team compared to the AFL at the moment.

Anyway during the conversation he was shocked to find out that at the start of many NRL games, the referee looks to the sideline to get the thumbs up from a TV producer to start the game. He was pretty incredulous at this and I shared his amazement even though I knew it.

You do realise its the same in the AFL and for that matter the NFL, EPL, NBA, etc, etc.

Masked Eagle said:
Daniel said:

You do realise its the same in the AFL and for that matter the NFL, EPL, NBA, etc, etc.

Sure but it isn't as blatant as the commentators mentioning it and the camera on the referee saying "Are we ready?"

Daniel said:
Masked Eagle said:
Daniel said:

Sure but it isn't as blatant as the commentators mentioning it and the camera on the referee saying "Are we ready?"

In the AFL Live games watch the umpire when he is about to bounce the ball after a goal is scored, he will always look at the same spot in the stands. This is so a light can flash, or turn on/off. this indicator is to tell him that the ad break on the telecast is over and they can get back to the game.

Fro said:
In the AFL Live games watch the umpire when he is about to bounce the ball after a goal is scored, he will always look at the same spot in the stands. This is so a light can flash, or turn on/off. this indicator is to tell him that the ad break on the telecast is over and they can get back to the game.

I noticed that but thought the umpire was just looking to the sky and wondering what the hell he was doing out there in that gay pair of shorts.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
I find it completely rediculous that we are being force fed this royal wedding over the live nrl, apparently ch9 are going to cut off the wedding at 8:30 right in the middle of the marriage service, it does not make any sense at all that they would do this, The nrl should have moved these friday nite games to Sat 3pm & Sunday 2pm when they announced the wedding date simple solution really instead of pissing off most nrl fans, so now we will get a game interupted by tons of ads & forget about the 2nd game

Why move games.As others have said,there are 3 FTA channels 9 can utilise.9,gem, and go.Why not have the wedding on GEM,as it is,and the footy live on normal ch 9.Anyway,they have the wedding on GEM from 730pm til 11pm.Go has the benchwarmers (whatever that is) from 730pm til 915,then the blockbuster movie (that far outranks Titanic and Avatar),Bill and Ted's bogus journey.3 bloody channels and they still can't get it right!!

because they are all about ratings, and regardless of if a few nobs on a footy forum like it or not, the wedding is going to rate. and FNF always rates.

So why would they cannibalise their own ratings by showing 2 high raters against each other???

It's not rocket surgery.

The nobs are the goobers who want to watch a wedding that should have absolutely zero to do with Australia.

Manly isn't playing so who cares if we miss a night of Footy. Make love to the wife, go out on the piss and meet up with friends, go out to dinner. Do things you wouldn't normally do because it is footy season. Let the wedding watchers have their day. It only happens once every 30 years, then they'll crawl back into their hole again and won't be heard of until Prince Phillip's death or Harry's wedding.

Funnily enough, last week on something footy/channel 9, maybe the roast. Vossy or sterlo gave channel 9 CEO a big plug on playing the game on friday night despite the wedding. It went something like this " we want to reward our loyal viewers who turn up every friday night to watch the footy so we will be switching over for the footy instead of the wedding". The host then went on mumbling about how good channel 9 was.

Channel nine suck arse

tookey said:
I find Prince William hot and would rather watch him than some boofy football knuckleheads.

Eeww

Actually I find that Kate pretty hot myself, but fair dinkum give me footy (even the Donkeys) any day.

I am doing my own revolt tonight, while my wife and a few ladies watch the RW, me and a few mates are going for a big steak and a few beers, hopefully somewhere where there's no ****ing TV!!!

I can't believe all the ****en whinging going on cause the footy has been bumped back 1 whole hour! OMG!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6