Champion half backs win tight matches!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
We all saw again that a game in the balance was decided by the half back with the better composure.

DCE had a very mixed night. fantastic with try assists for trys 1 and 3. A lucky rebound from a kick for try number 2. His last tackle options hurt the team. I put it down to him trying too hard but when the chance came to kick the goals, Hodkinson got the job done and that was the difference in the game.

For DCE to ask for a salary that the NRL Titans have now payed him or 2016 is way overs because DCE has to start closing out big games like this one!

So what your saying really is a good goal kicker gets the job done. I agree, good halves are sometimes the difference in a tightly contested match and DCE fifth tackle options and kicking hurt us last night but still was more threatening than Trent. Trent was not the difference last night, missed conversion's near the posts (due to first choice kicker being out injured) and some poor mistakes and execution. I was never worried when Trent had ball in hand, more so when their forwards put a few short balls together and morris twins threatened.. but all in all our pack contained their international pack and came out on top with more aggression and enthusiasm!

You could not fault DCE's effort last night. The quality halves in the game finish off the good work of the guys in the team. Thurston and Cronk consistently get the job done.

DCE of late is too much rocks and diamonds,.he needs to be more consistent, There are clutch moments in games that quality half backs have to nail!

The bulldogs did not win the game, we lost it.

JT has the Oz front row plus the NZ Taumalolo, Cows are 0/3.

Chez is under daily Media attack and playing in an injury riddled Team. Lets hope we get back some troops soon :cool:

He didn't have an awful game, he got all 3 try assists and put in a lot of effort and made some good defensive reads. His dropped ball, couple of off kicks and a few wayward passes all came at crucial times and cost us, so all in all he had a below average game. Unfortunately for him now that he's announced he's leaving us unless he scores a try, gets another 4 try assists, kicks 2 40/20's and has no handling errors or missed tackles people are going to lay the boot in. At the end of the day he is only human, he may be getting $1m+ per year (from next season) but he is human and as people have been saying he's still outplayed Cronk and JT every game this year.

Last edited:
So why did the cowboys lose against the Knights when they have a champion half in Thurston? I'm of the belief its the forward pack which lays the platform for your halves which is why teams like the Bunnies, Roosters and Dogs have become successful in recent years.

He didn't have an awful game, he got all 3 try assists and put in a lot of effort and made some good defensive reads. His dropped ball, couple of off kicks and a few wayward passes all came at crucial times and cost us, so all in all he had a below average game. Unfortunately for him now that he's announced he's leaving us unless he scores a try, gets another 4 try assists, kicks 2 40/20's and has no handling errors or missed tackles people are going to lay the boot in. At the end of the day he is only human, he may be getting $1m+ per year but he is human and as people have been saying he's still outplayed Cronk and JT every game this year.
He is not getting a $1M a year yet. It will be very interesting to see how he goes next year with a worse team around him. For a $1M a season he can't have poor / average games like last night. He has to star and perform at above average just about every week to deserve those $$$. If he or the Titans team have a couple of poor or average games like last night the pressure and expectation on him will be huge. Even though he will be earning big $$$ I can't imagine it will be fun playing footy under that kind of pressure from club, fans media week in week out.

He is not getting a $1M a year yet. It will be very interesting to see how he goes next year with a worse team around him. For a $1M a season he can't have poor / average games like last night. He has to star and perform at above average just about every week to deserve those $$$. If he or the Titans team have a couple of poor or average games like last night the pressure and expectation on him will be huge. Even though he will be earning big $$$ I can't imagine it will be fun playing footy under that kind of pressure from club, fans media week in week out.

Certainly true, so given that he's only on 650k or so this year, I'll allow him a few below average games this season before crucifying him.

FFS....why do people keep saying DCE is on a million dollars and Thurston and Cronk are on less. DCE is on 500k!!! Probably not even in top 10 highest earners in NRL at the moment. Titans offered him 1 million for next year..NOT MANLY! Snake is on 600k and Foran 650k..they are Manly's biggest earners. People just keep using DCE as a scape goat...getting a little tiring..at least he is trying..he had an off night! Are we expecting him to get man of match every single week?

Certainly true, so given that he's only on 650k or so this year, I'll allow him a few below average games this season before crucifying him.
500k - Foz is the 650k Player.

The 1mill is just their marketability value anyway - clean skins and young family sports men

Well he is favourite to win this year's Dally M! ( or so I heard on radio a few days ago)

He really stifled the attack at times turning the ball inside. I think this wasbcause he was often with the ball on 5 th running accross field and wanted to not get caught with the ball for the last tackle. I liked his thinking in some ways but a little bit more foresight. He is a natrually gifted player, who tries his guts out. As others have stated he overplays his hand too much. I get injuries have not helped with foz out and jamie is very steadying influence .

Wayne bennet. In his hey day was always known as a coach he knew when to call last drinks on a player and was lauded for his ability tonot pay overs. At least to the cap auditer.

Manly, toovey kelley have all been smashed for not signing our halves. I have said it before but they have done the right thing by manly at whatever coin it took. Daly is virtually on record as saying he would have stayed originLly when the coin was higher and foran taking up that much cap as parra must surely know parra will struggle and he is now only playing for the finacial gains that come

Good luck to them, they have probably done the right thing by themselves aNd there family but the manly heirachy must also be applUded for not taking the club down the dark road. Manly can be back on top in a few years at this rate, wher paying overs and losing the emerging talent may have cost us a decade

Kelly, and tooves together for mine. In time they will build us another empire that will piss off the masses. As we all know it just tastes better when we only finish 5 th for a couple of seasons of mediocrity. It just makes us hungry again

There might be opposition to this statement but I believe DCE will bust his gut for us this season. Trying too hard can be an issue for him. I'm glad he's still with us this year.
IMO the Nrl taking over the Titans is the reason he is going. They've appointed him King of the Castle to the point of ridiculousness. Building up the Titans while weakening Manly is the ultimate bonus for Greenslime.
I have doubts about Foz but I do believe Cherry will do what he can for us while he's a Sea Eagle and it's a damn shame he's going.

There might be opposition to this statement but I believe DCE will bust his gut for us this season. Trying too hard can be an issue for him. I'm glad he's still with us this year.
IMO the Nrl taking over the Titans is the reason he is going. They've appointed him King of the Castle to the point of ridiculousness. Building up the Titans while weakening Manly is the ultimate bonus for Greenslime.
I have doubts about Foz but I do believe Cherry will do what he can for us while he's a Sea Eagle and it's a damn shame he's going.

No opposition here! In fact, I second this statement!! :)

Just as an FYI, DCE is getting 1M from the Tits but it's paid as follows:

- $1 cash
- $999,999 (approx) in canned goods, blankets, clothing etc to care for his family

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2