Changes.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dessy

Reserve Grader
I really think it's time to make a few minor adjustments to get this team motivated and firing again. Perry has to go, or at least be demoted to the bench. Cross has to come into the side. As posted on the other thread, he has shown passion in the jersey, where some players obviously haven't. Swap him for Bailey and have 3 props on the bench with more rotations, and shorter, sharper bursts from our props. Get some energy back into the team. In the previous two weeks Manly were playing on the back of a bagging from the press and they came out and respnded well. Des needs to change things up a bit and hopefully we will get another burst of "energy" from our group, especially our forwards.
I couldn't stand losing to Melbourne on our own patch next week.
C'mon boys. Your season is on the line!!! Play with some heart!!!

Have to agree with you on Perry and Cross. The boys really do need to find some heart and play for each other and our great club. Get players out there who want to win for the club and themselves. I hate mid year signings.

Hopefully Farrar is good. Could we go with:-

01. Ben Farrar (or Denis Sandow)
02. Micheal Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Dean Whare
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Tony Williams
15. George Rose
16. Matt Cross
17. Joe Galuvao

Farrer and Matai must be in severe doubt.

Ryan, I am pretty sure Sandow cant play NRL

01. Michael Robertson
02. Tony Williams (open to suggestions)
03. Steve Matai
04. Keiran Foran
05. Dean Whare
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey (open to suggestions)
15. Josh Perry
16. Matt Cross
17. Joe Galuvao

Howl me down about putting Lyon at 6, but the facts are;

1 He is not getting the ball enough

2 He played a major part in our premiership success in 2008 from 6

Won't howl you down but i am not sure Lyon wants to play at 5/8. Unless that was just for origin.

dowdz link said:
Won't howl you down but i am not sure Lyon wants to play at 5/8. Unless that was just for origin.

You may well right.  And I think there are plenty of unhappy players in our team.

Especially the bench guys who continue to get almost no game time wit the exception of Rose.  I bet Gulavao and Cross wish they had never come to Manly and and I am sure Bailey cant wait to get out of the place.

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=dowdz link=topic=184430.msg280949#msg280949 date=1280755175]

You may well right.  And I think there are plenty of unhappy players in our team.

Especially the bench guys who continue to get almost no game time wit the exception of Rose.  I bet Gulavao and Cross wish they had never come to Manly and and I am sure Bailey cant wait to get out of the place.
[/quote]

Think you may be right with that. With some of our perfomances i dont understand how Cross and Gulavao dont get more time. Cross was good when he was on and Joe goes hard each time he plays.

Tony Williams needs someone to stick a fire-cracker up his arse. The guy is too care free and just lazy. If Brett Stewart or David Williams were available he wouldn't be in the 17.

Josh Perry is finished. I don't know how he is still starting.

George Rose is carrying way too many Kg's and providing zero impact from the bench he needs to be dropped for Matt Cross.

Anthony Watmough needs to lift his game.

I think everybody agrees the forwards, mainly the Props are carrying too much weight and look tired and lazy.

1. Robertson
2. Williams (unfortunately the big useless one - Tony)
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Whare
6. Foran
7. Hodkinson
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Rodney
13. Stewart

14. Cross
15. Perry
16. Gulavao
17. Bailey

By the look of our suggested teams I have come to the conclusion we just don't have the players to be competitive.

The "new" players Seu Seu, Cross and Galavao were a waste of money and have added zero to our side.

The loss of Stewart (again) and Wolfman has depleted our side of any speedsters and real try scorers.

The loss of players for next year such as Perry and Hoddo has seen them lose all form and interest.

The inability to re-sign stars like Matai and Foran has also done nothing for the moral of these guys nor their team-mates. 

Add the loss of form by two of our stars,Watmough (who has been close to useless) and G Stewart (who had a real slow start to the year) and lack of improvement by Rose and T. Williams and its no wonder we are struggling to make the top in a very weak comp.

I agree about Perry.He's going to supper league next year,and last night after thanking the Newcastle fans for turning up,said he wouldn't mind being back there one day!!!Perry and Dogkinson=dropped to QLD team.

Fro link said:
i'll bet lefty it will be the same 1 - 17 barring injury.

George Rose has been a favourite of mine - but how he is being picked when grossly overweight is inexcusable.
Perry is well past his best.
T-Rex must be tried in another position. But where? We never replace our second rowers?
There is not enough pace or creativity in the backs. Try someone else.
Our kicking game is hopeless.
For me only Ballin, Lyon, Robertson, Matai and Rodney seem to perform consistently. The others are so hit and miss it's impossible to think that they can string together 4-5 wins in a row to win a comp.

Did i say it was right Barry?

It's not, the selections this year have been diabolical, but thats the way it is

Totally agree with the original poster and mostly agree with Ryans YART.

You cant just chuck the coach and you cant just make wholesale changes with 5 games to go to the finals (insert pic of pork chop here). But this team does need change & that change has to be motivational and has to be in the forwards. So, drop perry and promote Kite to run on side. Give Kite a reason to lead with King.

If we want to shake things up further and if we are going to continue with the current style of play we have had since 2006 then put Cross in the backrow (ala Hall 07-08) with Stewart and Rodney & drop Choc to bench. He will hate it but maybe thats whats needed.

Unfortunately, Williams cant just be plucked from the backline and transported into the forwards. He will need an off season to make the change.

Ryan link said:
Hopefully Farrar is good. Could we go with:-

01. Ben Farrar (or Denis Sandow)
02. Micheal Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Dean Whare
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Tony Williams
15. George Rose
16. Matt Cross
17. Joe Galuvao
lol ryan  what happend to matai in the backrow..

Jatz Crackers link said:
Unfortunately, Williams cant just be plucked from the backline and transported into the forwards. He will need an off season to make the change.

I am buggered if I can see how anyone thinks this guy can be a forward.

He is slow and shows no enthusiasm. Probably fits in with the current pack I admit.

His tackling technique is dreadful.

He runs the ball back at half pace most of the time.

He cannot pass the ball at all.

And finally which backrower is he replacing Watmough, Stewart or Rodney??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4